Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX stuck at launching Mojave Installer (attempting to load /sbin/launchd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z390 itx
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello Everyone! I'm getting stuck at launching Mojave Installation in clover. I have experience working on this board before as I have successfully installed Mojave 10.14.4 using different processor and RAM however after upgrading those components I am unable to boot into Mojave installation after booting into clover. My CPU fans also rams up as if I've got a kernel panic

My specs are:
Asrock z390 phantom gaming ITX
Intel core i7 9700k
Crucial Ballistic LP 3200 16 GB
MSI Vega 64 Airboost
Samsung 860 Evo

I've been using these guides as my base for installation: [Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build and this one [Guide] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac, i9-9900K, RX 580
I tried to use different USB plugs on the board. Installing using USB 2.0 thumb drive
I've attached the picture in questions

Thanks any help would be appreciated :)

Attachments

• IMG_1629.JPG
    IMG_1629.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Hey I've just found a solution for my particular problems. I'll just post it here if anyone have a similar problems (fat chance lol)

Turns out.. My Intel core i7 9700k is the new revision with R0 stepping (I don't even know what that means) and per Asrock support page is only fully compatible with BIOS revision 4.0 So after I update the BIOS it works! keep in mind that this particular motherboard has trouble with BIOS revision 1.2+ however, there's a clover fix available for that

I'll just redirect you guys the link for the motherboard fix here on this forum

That or its just the fact that I turn off the XMP detection on clover :crazy: that make my problem gone... in addition to down clock the ram speed and timing to the lowest JEDEC standard on the bios....

In any case my problems is fixed! thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back