Contribute
Register

Mojave on ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac

Status
Not open for further replies.
i5 CPU, SilverStone SX650-G PSU, Kingston memory (don't remember the model).
Are you sure it's not your PSU whining?
Yes, I swapped the PSU too (Used an ATX one) and can still hear the whine from the motherboard.

Great motherboard. The only issue I have is that I can't get both the HDMI and DP working when using integrated graphics. I just had to install a video card in order to achieve that.

Hey guys!
After a couple of hours trying to get the USB-C port working, I've finally made it.
Disabling Thunderbolt 3 in BIOS worked like a charm. I know TB3 would even be better but still no luck.
For all of you having only USB-C Devices this is at least a semi-permanent solution.

Yes, I swapped the PSU too (Used an ATX one) and can still hear the whine from the motherboard.
I am not experiencing any coil whine either. My build is quite silent. I haven’t pushed it beyond running benchmarks.
This is what I’m running with my ASRock z390 Phantom ITX: Corsair SF600 SFX, LPX 16 GB 3000, i5-8400, RX 580, noctua CPU cooler, and two noctua case fans packed into a node 202 case.

Great motherboard. The only issue I have is that I can't get both the HDMI and DP working when using integrated graphics. I just had to install a video card in order to achieve that.
Have this MB in my build. Both DP and HDMI are working well. Just turn one of the monitors OFF and then ON when OSX is finally loaded.

Just a quick one to say thanks to d3mone for his guide for setting up on this board and his EFi folder. Pretty much went without a hitch. This Asrock with 9900K is replacing my aging X79 3930K setup and already working very nicely with Photoshop and the like. There is more refining to do, especially with stuff like the USB ports. My two case ports don't work that are attached to the USB3 header on the mobo for instance.

v4.00 BIOS is out for this board. Unclear why the version jump, but our bug is still there.

All seems to be working ok though with the new BIOS?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back