Contribute
Register

Asrock Z370 Taichi/Thunderbolt/8700K

Status
Not open for further replies.
My overclocked i7-8700K shows fine in High Sierra. Check your BIOS settings again.

That was the problem. The AVX Ratio offset defaults to 5. I set it to 1 (the lowest setting). The Intel Power Gadget shows the CPU working at 4.9 with a 5.0 overclock.

Still no luck with sleep.

I'm considering buying this motherboard ASRock Z370 Taichi. Did you have success installing high sierra with this board? And how about the thunderbolt AIO?

I have had partial success (sleep is not working). I am using the Thunderbolt AIC to drive my Apple Thunderbolt Display. I don't have any other Thunderbolt devices to test.

Hi there!

I am just planning to buy a used system with this ASRock mobo and i7 8700k with really nice hardware. (no idea why would anyone sell it so early). I don't want to OC yet because I have 0 experience with it, maybe later.
Any news since there? Sleep would not be so essential but in the other hand would be nice to have.

Cheers!

I have had partial success (sleep is not working). I am using the Thunderbolt AIC to drive my Apple Thunderbolt Display. I don't have any other Thunderbolt devices to test.
Thank you for your EFI folder. Have you been solved the sleep problem yet? and could you send the last EFI folder? THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am looking at the Taichi as well for my build!

Any update on the sleep problem?

This may help
Saying "Darkwake should be changed to darkwake=0 or darkwake=8 on ASRock motherboards in config.plist" if left to default it may reboot instead of waking from sleep

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking at the Taichi as well for my build!

Any update on the sleep problem?

I read "Darkwake should be changed to darkwake=0 or darkwake=8 on ASRock motherboards in config.plist"

I read "Darkwake should be changed to darkwake=0 or darkwake=8 on ASRock motherboards in config.plist"

=========

I just got my Z370 Taichi - 8700K - Radeon RX580 kinda wrapped up last night. It now UEFI dual boots HS 10.13.3 and Windows 10 on separate Samsung M.2 500GB EVO's. I have tried darkwake=0 and darkwake=8. Both show the same issue as OP. The machine goes to sleep, then immediately comes back on and continues this cycle. It never 'reboots', so not sure if OP meant an actual reboot, or just comes back on.

Another interesting issue is that if you set sleep = never, it shuts down and does a BIOS B -> A copy. Reboots a couple more times then goes back to the Clover boot screen.

I have Ethernet, sound, and video working fine. 'About This Mac' reports the Radeon 580 8GB, and sees it as an iMac 27" Retina - 18,3. So far I am very happy with it and will continue to work out the sleep issue I hope. Of course the Intel wireless does not work. iMessage has alway been my achilles, haha.

=========

I just got my Z370 Taichi - 8700K - Radeon RX580 kinda wrapped up last night. It now UEFI dual boots HS 10.13.3 and Windows 10 on separate Samsung M.2 500GB EVO's. I have tried darkwake=0 and darkwake=8. Both show the same issue as OP. The machine goes to sleep, then immediately comes back on and continues this cycle. It never 'reboots', so not sure if OP meant an actual reboot, or just comes back on.

Another interesting issue is that if you set sleep = never, it shuts down and does a BIOS B -> A copy. Reboots a couple more times then goes back to the Clover boot screen.

I have Ethernet, sound, and video working fine. 'About This Mac' reports the Radeon 580 8GB, and sees it as an iMac 27" Retina - 18,3. So far I am very happy with it and will continue to work out the sleep issue I hope. Of course the Intel wireless does not work. iMessage has alway been my achilles, haha.

You will not get the Intel wifi working anytime soon, there is simply no support for it whatsoever. If wifi is important then consider a broadcom with the same socket type. There is loads of information on working models right here in the forums :)

Hi,does thunderbolt card need to be set? Or can it be used directly? Thank u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back