MSI Z690I Unify
CPU
19-12900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi everyone.

I'm trying to install Mojave OS to my new Hackintosh build. But every time something goes wrong.

Here is my build:

ASRock z370 Fatal1ty gaming itx
i7-8700 (UHD630)
Corsair Vengeance CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 16GB
Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe 250GB
Samsung 860 QVO SSD MZ-76Q2T0BW (as the second drive)

I've tried a lot of guides here, including this one: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asrock-fatal1ty-z370-gaming-itx-ac-uhd-630.262213/

But non of it works :(

After first installation screen (3 minutes and so on), my pc reboots and then there are 3 drives on the screen:

1) USB Drive with Mac installation
2) Preboot
3) System drive (choosed by default and if you'll do nothing it starts to load this drive automatically)

So, I don't touch anything and it starts to boot my 3rd drive (where my Mac OS was installed) automatically

Then the screen with apple and progress bar appears. Progress bar stuck somewhere at the beginning and then my PC reboots. That's it. End of the line. Nothing happens.

Maybe someone could help me with that.

I've attached my EFI Folder to this post.

Thank you

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 51
The Samsung 970 EVO has known issues, update firmware and try again, the easiest way is in windows using Samsung Magician software. At the clover screen, press the space bar and choose verbose mode. Where it gets stuck take a photo and post it up.
You should put your build signature in your profile.

The Samsung 970 EVO has known issues, update firmware and try again, the easiest way is in windows using Samsung Magician software. At the clover screen, press the space bar and choose verbose mode. Where it gets stuck take a photo and post it up.
You should put your build signature in your profile.

Thanks for your reply.

After I updated my bios it seems better. Or maybe it's because I formatted my disk to HFS, not to APFS as it was before.

Now I can install Mac from my usb drive and then when I boot to system drive it continues installation and after some time it reboots, so it still can't install.

BTW, I don't think that the problem in Samsung 970 EVO drive, cause I have the same results with my second drive Samsung 860 QVO SSD MZ-76Q2T0BW.

I'll attach photos of my screen in verbose mode a bit later, so you can look at logs.

Last edited:
I've had a play with your EFI folder and included a config_test.plist (my edits) as well as your config.plist file. Make sure you have the graphics settings correct in your bios for onboard graphics. You can choose the config_test.plist to boot from by going to options at the clover boot screen and choosing whichever config.plist is in your EFI folder, they will be listed. Don't forget to press the space bar and boot verbose. Good luck :thumbup:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 44
I've had a play with your EFI folder and included a config_test.plist (my edits) as well as your config.plist file. Make sure you have the graphics settings correct in your bios for onboard graphics. You can choose the config_test.plist to boot from by going to options at the clover boot screen and choosing whichever config.plist is in your EFI folder, they will be listed. Don't forget to press the space bar and boot verbose. Good luck :thumbup:

Thank you very much.

Here is what happening with EFI you gave me:
1.jpg

2.jpg

The last screenshot is what happen when I use USB 3 thumb drive and didn't patch the USB limit patch..

yeah, I have USB 3 thumb drive too. hmm, I've got USB 2 thumb drive as well, maybe I should try make a bootable usb with it. Well I'll do it right now.

btw, my motherboard doesn't have any usb 2.0 ports, usb 3.0 only.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back