Contribute
Register

ASRock Z270 Super Carrier (Thunderbolt 3) not working on Sierra 10.12.3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z270 Super Carrier
CPU
INTEL 6700K
Graphics
Integrated Graphics
Can someone please help me???

ASRock Z270 Super Carrier (Thunderbolt 3) not working on Sierra!

Thunderbolt 3 works perfectly with Apollo Twin Duo on Windows 10, but nothing is detected under Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3.

I have tried the:

"Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter"

and the...

"Cable Matters Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt Adapter for Windows Computers and 2016 MacBook Pro" adaptors...

Last edited:
I can only get Thunderbolt working if I reboot from Windows to OSX Sierra. Booting from a shutdown or a reboot from OSX do not work anymore. I have a Thunderbolt 2 card.

Thunderbolt 3 works perfectly with Apollo Twin Duo on Windows 10, but nothing is detected under Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3.

I have tried the:

and the...

"Cable Matters Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt Adapter for Windows Computers and 2016 MacBook Pro" adaptors...
I am unfamiliar with asrock bios, however are their any settings for thunderbolt in the bios, if so you should post a pic of it.

Howdy, I'm looking really hard at the supercarrier motherboard right now. Besides thunderbolt, how is the board otherwise for a hackintosh build. Any chance of a guide or some pointers? Thanks

I have tried the:

and the...

Howdy, I'm looking really hard at the supercarrier motherboard right now. Besides thunderbolt, how is the board otherwise for a hackintosh build. Any chance of a guide or some pointers? Thanks

Hello -

Did either of you ever get a build with the Supercarrier motherboard working?

Hi! I have exactly the same problem. Have you solved it?

Last edited:
Have the same problem but I have an Asus Rog Maximus IX hero, Intel i7 7700k .

I have a Z370 Fatality Gaming i7 and a Thunderbolt 3 AIC both ASRock, it is working fine in Windows not in macOS.

Bios:
Thunderbolt: enabled
Security: None
Thunderbolt AIC: enabled
Ports enabled: Two

I boot with my Antelope Orion Studio switched on, but the thunderbolt card is not recognized.
I am using SMBIOS iMac 18,3
SSDT for my processor. Nothing else because everything works fine except Thunderbolt 3 AIC, WiFi (i don't care) and 10Gb ethernet card (i don't care for now, my whole network is 1Gb)

Somebody here know how to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back