Contribute
Register

Asrock Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac is compatible / working?

Motherboard
Asrock 270 Fatality mini-ITX
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Thanks. The mother board is here, I am waiting PSU+ adapter!
The components arrives always in wrong order...

I will try first this, also I seen in my previous attempt that on my sm951 nvme, if booted it, ask a windows code... It seem windows pre-installed by default.

I will follow the tony guide for a trial Windows installation.

Motherboard
Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
I'm having some issues with this board... I can't get the TB3 port enabled with dedicated GPU. It will only show video thru iGPU when TB3 is enabled. Very frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
I can't get the TB3 port enabled with dedicated GPU.
Yes, because I think you need a cable that goes from thunderbolt to GPU, and this if your GPU is ready for this.
I mean this, I found on gigabyte site on January. It's referred to a thunderbolt 2, but it's the same.

8798551_02.png

Thunderbolt doesn't work over the PCIE x16 slot, but only with his controller, in that connector.
I am pretty sure of this.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
@Pineapple68 I worded that so it was confusing. Sorry about that. I wasn't trying to send a video signal over TB3. Anytime I had TB3 "Enabled" in BIOS I couldn't get my dGPU to produce video via DisplayPort direct to monitor. Nothing, not a POST screen just nothing. I only plan on using TB3 for Data. NOW, if I switched my DP cable to iGPU it would boot.

HOWEVER---

I figured out the issue. Like so many other hacks w/ TB3, the Alpine Ridge chip needed to be updated/activated via the TB3 drivers in Windows 10. I did a quick Win 10 install and loaded the drivers then came back to BIOS and had both TB3 data and my dGPU working in Sierra. Problem solved.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
I also have this board working pretty well if anyone needs anything. I have an SSDT for GPU (so we can run at 17,1 without ADGP patch or blackscreen), SSDT for USB (no port limit patch via RehabMan's recommendation to avoid glitches etc), and SSDT for M.2 spoof via RehabMan's HackrNVMeController.kext (survives updates). I also have a config set up for iGPU. Post if anyone needs a hand with any of this stuff!

Motherboard
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
and SSDT for M.2 spoof via RehabMan's HackrNVMeController.kext
Interesting, in my last attempt generic nvme kext destroyed everything with a kernel panic!
I bought a sm951 ahci that should work natively, but I am thinking to use my other sm951 nvme over pcie x16 with a card.

I don't know how SSDT works, they seem advanced

Motherboard
motherboard OR system make & model # > See Rules!
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
I also have this board working pretty well if anyone needs anything. I have an SSDT for GPU (so we can run at 17,1 without ADGP patch or blackscreen), SSDT for USB (no port limit patch via RehabMan's recommendation to avoid glitches etc), and SSDT for M.2 spoof via RehabMan's HackrNVMeController.kext (survives updates). I also have a config set up for iGPU. Post if anyone needs a hand with any of this stuff!

Hi onmybikedrunk,

Great post! Please, share by uploading your files. Thanking you :)

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
@Marius I will. I thought about that after I posted... Like, why didn't I just share them? LOL. Anyway, let me do a bit more testing to make sure I have everything correct before I release them into the wild.

@Pineapple68 I can help yah. I'm up and running with a 960 Evo NVMe. The best way is RehabMan's way which is based off work done by Pike R Alpha. His kext works perfectly, leaves IONVMeFamily.kext in place so you can update without issue. SSDT for USB is a necessity. It's as easy as putting a file in a folder. The SSDTs I have aren't specific to my personal motherboard, they'll work for any Asrock Z270 ITX Gaming (but ONLY an Asrock Z270 ITX Gaming).

I'll post everything either this afternoon (USA PST) or this evening with short descriptions

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
I’ve tried to figure out the best way to present all this stuff so it can be applied to the widest audience depending on hardware and usage. Of course these files are designed ONLY for use with the Asrock Z270 Fatal1ty ITX Gaming motherboard! I wish this info was available when I started. I have a feeling a lot of people will show interest in this board because of the TB3. If it gets confusing don’t be afraid to yell at me. And as a starting point I generally do a basic vanilla install onto a small and inexpensive SATA SSD first and then clone my drive to my NVMe once all scripting, patching and config’ing is complete. Also the very last thing I ever do is log into iCloud/Messages as a fail-safe. Just think that’s worth noting. Also, if anyone is interested in using a legit Apple WiFi card, I did a write-up on an amazing M.2 adapter that can replace the one shipped with the board and it “just works” - no kexts, no patching, no using the PCIe slot. Ok, here we go…

Major props and credit goes to (in no particular order): RehabMan, shilohh, Mork vom Ork, Pike R. Alpha, ammulder and TonyMacx86 for everything they do for us.

I’m just gonna break it down to individual categories…
  1. BIOS
    1. BIOS settings:Load Optimized Defaults and then…
      1. VT-d setting, disable it
      2. CFG-Lock, disable it
      3. Secure Boot Mode, disable it
      4. Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled
      5. CSM (under boot). disable it
  2. Clover
    1. At the time of writing this I’m using 4012 with UEFI Boot
    2. Select EmuVariableUefi-64 and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 during install
    3. Installed Kexts (click for .zip): (all kexts are product of or forked by RehabMan with the exception of IntelMausiEthernet which was written by Mieze)
      1. FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
      2. FakePCIID.kext
      3. FakeSMC.kext (kozlek/RehabMan fork)
      4. HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext (see “NVMe” below, alone will cause panic - not included in .zip. You can generate your own - Aw come on, I made it easy!)
      5. IntelMausiEthernet.kext
      6. USBInjectAll.kext
      7. XHCI-200-series-injector.kext
  3. Apps You Should Have:
  4. Config.plist Summary Basics (click for example config files - rename file to "config.plist")
    1. Blanket Starter Config Here. - 14,2 SMBios for easy Nvidia driver install and Sierra Port Limit Patch IS applied - 17,1 is best for Kaby Lake tho.
    2. Main Points:
      1. Flags:
        Code:
        dart=0, uia_exlude=HSxx,SSxx
        (as example for deactivated USB ports, see USB section)
      2. FakeCPUID: 0x0506E3
      3. DSDT Patches: change HECI to IMEI (Pike R. Alpha)
    3. iGPU Config (Click for Basic file):
      1. ACPI>DSDT Patches>GFX0 to IGPU
      2. Devices>Fake ID>IntelGFX: 0x19168086
      3. Devices>Add Properties>IntelGFX AAPL, GfxYTile patch added
      4. Graphics>Inject Intel>True
    4. Nvidia Config (Click for Basic File)
      1. NvidiaWeb>True (Installed Nvidia Web Drivers with 14,1 SMBios then switched to 17,1 after and BEFORE logging into iCloud/Messages and finalizing serial etc.)
  5. USB
    1. Reference
      1. (RehabMan): https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
      2. (Ammulder): https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-11-0-10-11-3-skylake-starter-guide.179221/#DetailedUSB
    2. Notes/Process:
      1. The basis behind USBInjectall.kext is that the end user will create a custom SSDT with all active ports and use the proper identifiers for each. I have done that here. It’s a tedious process of watching each port as you plug in USB2/3 devices and record the port numbers.
      2. This SSDT will eliminate the need for the “Port Limit Patch” in your config. Proper identifiers will also eliminate potential bugs/energy consumption issues. USBInjectall.kext shouldn’t be an end-all fix with the absence of a proper SSDT (see RehabMan reference).
      3. You must decide which ports to deactivate. There are 19 ports on this MB and Apple’s spec is 15 (hence the need for the port-limit patch during port discovery). There are a total available of 26 on Z270 motherboards. Keeping it within 15 is ideal. Each port is split between USB2 and USB3 functionality. This means we need to disable 4 ports.
      4. E.g., the USB port under the PS/2 port on the rear I/O has two identifiers, HH04 and SS02. SS02 is USB3 and HH04 is USB2. For both ports under the PS/2 port I have chose to disable USB3 (SS02/SS03). More than likely there will be a mouse and keyboard plugged in here which only need USB2. That takes care of two ports. The other two I chose to disable are the USB2 motherboard header plugs, as my chassis doesn’t have USB2 on the front panel, therefore they are not needed. However if you need this for something like Corsair Link or another piece of hardware that requires a USB2 header then you’ll need to figure out what other two ports to disable.
      5. You disable ports in your config.plist under boot flags. All ports activated by Asrock are listed in the SSDT so you can experiment with what configuration suits you best. In the config.plist attachment example below, the ports mentioned above are disabled which can be changed easily via Xcode or Clover Configurator > Boot > Custom Flags. Below is a list of the port numbers and their locations specific to this motherboard.
      6. Boot Flag example: uia_exclude=HS01;HS02;SS02;SS03
    3. Files:
      1. SSDT-UIAC.aml
        1. place in EFI>Clover>ACPI>Patched
      2. USBInjectAll.kext (RehabMan - most recent in kexts.zip)
        1. Use clover kext injection or place in L/E or S/L/E (I use Clover injection)
      3. XHCI-200-series-injector.kext (RehabMan - most recent in kexts.zip)
        1. Place in same location as USBInjectAll.kext
      4. SSDT-USB.dsl - a disassembled ASL file reference sheet with notes about each port
      5. Config.plist - a copy of the "blanket Starter Config" with uia_exclude=HS01;HS02;SS02;SS03 example
  6. NVMe Drives
    1. References (RehabMan)
      1. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/
      2. https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme
    2. Notes:
      1. This is a bit more involved. You will need to do some downloading and processing yourself. The SSDT is the only constant here for our Asrock Z270 ITX motherboard. Of course revisions could change data at some point, but doubtful. Having the SSDT makes things a bit easier (i.e., you don’t need to install Windows to find its location). This method is proven the best as it survives updates and leaves IONVMeFamily.kext in it’s place, disabling it.
        1. Note: As I mentioned, I usually do a fresh install on a small (cheap) SSD and once I get my NVMe drive and other various patches/SSDT’s set up, I then clone the SSD to my NVMe (don’t forget to copy EFI!)
    3. Process:
      1. This instruction assumes:
        1. You are running Sierra. For example, with 10.11.x and the 960 EVO there are some more steps to take. See RehabMan’s guide above for more info.
        2. You are using a Samsung drive
          1. For LiteOn. Plextor, Hynix NVMe drives you’ll need to visit the link above and do your research. There are other patches needed.
        3. You have an untouched “vanilla” copy of IONVMeFamily.kext in S/L/E
      2. Add the SSDT.NVMe-Pcc.aml to EFI>Clover>ACPI>Patched and reboot (you won't see the drive yet)
      3. Go to https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme and download .zip (see green button “Clone or download” in top right).
      4. Extract Files - I’m assuming it’s been extracted to your user’s “Download” folder
      5. Open terminal and enter:
        Code:
        cd ~/Downloads/patch-nvme-master
        ./patch_nvme.sh --spoof 10_12_3
        1. You can change “10_12_3” to whatever version of Sierra you’re using (make sure version is available at github link above).
      6. This will then generate a HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext in your ~/Downloads/patch-nvme-master folder.
      7. Place the generated kext in S/L/E, L/E or kexts folder in Clover. Note: it should live in same location as FakeSMC.kext. If you use S/L/E or L/E you’ll need to rebuild cache
        1. Note: If you use Clover injection it allows you to boot to the Recovery Drive and you don’t need to rebuild cache.
      8. Reboot and you should see your NVMe disk listed with the other drives!
    4. Files
      1. Files:
        1. SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml
        2. https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme (download .zip and extract to ~/Downloads)
  7. Nvida GPU:
    1. References (shilohh)
      1. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ssdt-gpu-graphics-card-injection.183354/
    2. Notes/Process:
      1. NOTE: This particular SSDT for dGPU will only apply to Nvidia Maxwell, however according to Toleda on Shilohh’s thread, Maxwell edits/injection also supports Fermi and Kepler. Please test to confirm. I have not confirmed this myself as I don’t have either of those gen cards. If it doesn’t work with older cards I’d be more than happy to help you generate your own SSDT from Shilohh’s instruction set.
      2. To install use iGPU or without Nvidia drivers active/present, drop into EFI>Clover>ACPI>Patched, reboot and finally activate/install Nvidia Web Drivers.
      3. After install to EFI>Clover>ACPI>Patched and Web Drivers check with IORegistryExplorer that your GPU is listed GFX1.
      4. You can also check to see if SSDT is active by pulling up the Nvidia Driver System Pref Panel. If under ECC or G-Sync the GPU is listed as being in Slot-1 then the SSDT was installed properly… If you have Fermi/Kepler check to make sure GPU I/O ports are correct and properly working by plugging them into a monitor. Another way is to see whether DP or HDMI audio is present in sound prefs
      5. Details on why GFX1 is important is listed in shilohh's post above but bullet points are as follows:
        1. Enables HDMI audio
        2. Resolves issues with multi-monitor setups and hot plugging displays
        3. Gets rid of “Blackscreen” bug under iMac 17,1 and Mac Pro 6,1 SMBios
      6. File: ssdt-1.aml
Ok folks, that’s all I got for now! So far my machine is running incredibly well and can hardly wait for full Kaby Lake support. See my signature for build specs. I hope this helps you guys. Keep in mind, I’m not a master-Hackintosher, dev or coder like dudes previously mentioned so please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. A ton of this info was processed from ammulder’s Skylake starter guide thread, so be sure to check it out: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-11-0-10-11-3-skylake-starter-guide.179221/

I tried my best to give credit where credit was due and if I left someone out let me know!

Last edited: