Contribute
Register

Asrock Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac is compatible / working?

Motherboard
GA-Z270X Gaming 8
CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
Radeon RX 580 / RX 5700 XT
Has anyone successfully tried a thunderbolt 3 drive with good speeds? I'm looking for a mini ITX board that can read/write Thunderbolt 3 speeds.

Hi Guys,

My Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac mobo arrived and I've set up a nice little nas SSD going. I wanted to confirm for if anyone is interested I have tested the thunderbolt 3 port using an external thunderbolt M.2 SSD enclosure, speeds are amazing - I'm getting 10gbps read/write which is the maximum the external enclosure can handle so I'm only presuming the mobo is giving out full TB3 speeds but I have no idea if there is any hardware that I could test with for 40Gbps.

To get TB3 working all I had to do was update the mobo firmware to latest version using the bios online updater. Then enable Thunderbolt 3 in the bios settings. No need for installing any drivers using windows in this case.

Motherboard
Asrock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITXac
CPU
Intel Core I7-6700
Graphics
GTX 1060 / GTX 960 egpu
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys,

My Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac mobo arrived and I've set up a nice little nas SSD going. I wanted to confirm for if anyone is interested I have tested the thunderbolt 3 port using an external thunderbolt M.2 SSD enclosure, speeds are amazing - I'm getting 10gbps read/write which is the maximum the external enclosure can handle so I'm only presuming the mobo is giving out full TB3 speeds but I have no idea if there is any hardware that I could test with for 40Gbps.

To get TB3 working all I had to do was update the mobo firmware to latest version using the bios online updater. Then enable Thunderbolt 3 in the bios settings. No need for installing any drivers using windows in this case.

How did yours work? Did it recognized on startup or did you have to plug it in at the clover menu?

Motherboard
Asrock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac
CPU
Intel Core i5 7600K
Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Assuming the USB routing on all boards is the same, attached you'll find my SSDT file for USB injection.
I still apply the port limit patch, to make all ports available.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.dsl
    4.2 KB · Views: 186
Hi Guys,

I've got the same board. What does your System Report show under Thunderbolt? Mine says No equipment found. I haven't been able to test if it works "anyway", which I doubt if OS X can't "see it". There seems to be only one setting for Thunderbolt in the bios, which is security, what did you set it to?

Motherboard
Asrock z370 Fatal1ty itx-ac
CPU
i7 8700
Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 Gaming 4GB
Hi Guys,

I have the z370 version of this board. Could you explain what you did/where to download update to get TB3 working?

Motherboard
Asrock 270 Fatality mini-ITX
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Amazing, there is a 370 new version.
You can try the steps described in previous pages, they should work with your new mobo.

• Create a windows installation
  • Install every content in DVD from Asrock
  • Update the bios
  • Update to sierra 10.12.3 (this unlocked my TB display, now it work 100% of time, with full support at hot reboot)
If your TB doesn't works after these steps, create a new Thread related to 370 fatality.
I suppose this wasn't the right section for support.

Just a question: which processor are you using?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64LC
Hi,

I‘m new to hackintosh and want to build my first one with the new z370 version of this board.
Can anyone of you confirm, that daisy chain is working with this board? I would like to use the TB3toTB2 adapter, then use my WD MyBook Duo and adapt a TBtoEthernet Adapter. according to Apple‘s help site, this should work.

can anyone try this with the z270 version?

Motherboard
ASUS Z390-I Gaming
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Code:
<array>
           <dict>
               <key>Comment</key>
               <string>15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (200-series) 10.12</string>
               <key>Find</key>
               <data>
               g710////EA==
               </data>
               <key>Name</key>
               <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
               <key>Replace</key>
               <data>
               g710////Gw==
               </data>
           </dict>
       </array>

I am at the first step of this journey on my new ASROCK Fatal1ty 270 MB install. I'm following the instructions of
and have downloaded the blanket_starter_config.plist.

But when I attempt to open this in Clover Configurator it errors out on the data keys: i.e. it says there's an error at:

<data>
g710////EA==
</data>

It certainly doesn't look like any hex numbers i've every seen.

If I comment OUT this patch for "15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (200-series) 10.12" I get the install to start but it ends up with a crashed garbled console, a NULL or Zero icon with a cross through it. No install.

Is the latter caused by a graphics problem - I'm booting using the iGFX of Intel on the MB?

How does anyone get this blanket_starter_config.plist to work?

T