Contribute
Register

Asrock Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac is compatible / working?

Motherboard
Asrock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITXac
CPU
Intel Core I7-6700
Graphics
GTX 1060 / GTX 960 egpu
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi z270 fatality owner!
Asrock support has kindly answered to my question about Thunderbolt compatibility.

Obviously, the motherboard is not intended for a MacOs or Linux install, but they
gave me a "special" Bios version, that can solve the issue with Thunderbolt display,
where the monitor doesn't show anything before the Apple loading bar.

@hockeylove This update seem designed for you!
If this works for you, please confirm that the Apple Thunderbolt Display is compatible with internal GPU.

NB Be careful with Bios updates: prepare a second USB key with your stable 2.2 Bios software, in case of problem.

I'm going to save my BIOs and try this with my UAD Apollo. Maybe it will fix the need to wait until the clover menu to plug in.

I'm going to save my BIOs and try this with my UAD Apollo. Maybe it will fix the need to wait until the clover menu to plug in.
I just bought the Asrock Z270 itx mainboard and i7 7700. How to build the install U-disk? The Uniboost 7.1.1 doesn't work with my Macbook Pro...

Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core I7-6700
Graphics
GTX 1060 / GTX 960 egpu
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Tested e-gpu with thunderbolt 3 this past weekend. Got a kernal panic in macOS, booted up and works in win10 though. Anyone have any ideas why an external graphics card might do that? I did the nv_disable=1 thing. No luck there.

Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core I7-6700
Graphics
GTX 1060 / GTX 960 egpu
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just bought the Asrock Z270 itx mainboard and i7 7700. How to build the install U-disk? The Uniboost 7.1.1 doesn't work with my Macbook Pro...
Not sure what you're trying to do? Are you trying to make the install disk?

Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core I7-6700
Graphics
GTX 1060 / GTX 960 egpu
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Everyone with a Thunderbolt device has tested the new beta Bios provided by Asrock?
Following Asrock, It should give a enhaced or more open Thunderbolt support also on Apple side...

The link is in previous page.
:beachball:

Updated, but didnt change anything on the mac side. Still have to plug in at clover screen.

Motherboard
Asrock 270 Fatality mini-ITX
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
I am answering to support about Thunderbolt: why only on cold boot, and the effect of 3 entry in security option (no security, user auth, secure connect, display port only).
Reported also no changes from who use apollo card.

Maybe we will get interesting answers...

Motherboard
AS Rock Z270 Fatal1ty ITX
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Intel HD 530, GTX1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. LC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Updated, but didnt change anything on the mac side. Still have to plug in at clover screen.

I've just updated to Firmware 2.2 ( standard ) from 2.1.

Still cannot get MacBook Pro in Thunderbolt Target disk mode to be recognised. Is anyone who reports working Thunderbolt using hard drives, rather than Audio/Video interfaces?

I can get my Firewire hard drives recognised. Using an Apple TB3 -> 2 adapter, plugged into an Apple TB2 -> FW 800 adapter, then plugged into my Firewire drives. In System Profiler the Firewire interface is recognised, but no Thunderbolt hardware is found.