Contribute
Register

Asrock Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac is compatible / working?

Motherboard
Asrock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITXac
CPU
Intel Core I7-6700
Graphics
GTX 1060 / GTX 960 egpu
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just did a bunch of tests. Got the Apollo to work! Changed some stuff in the BIOS. You also need to disconnect on boot, then when you get to the clover screen, reconnect the device. Will post my BIOS setting when I get a chance. I have a feeling it has something to do with power being rerouted elsewhere on boot.

Motherboard
asrock x99m killer fatalaty 3.1
CPU
i7 4820k
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
I just did a bunch of tests. Got the Apollo to work! Changed some stuff in the BIOS. You also need to disconnect on boot, then when you get to the clover screen, reconnect the device. Will post my BIOS setting when I get a chance. I have a feeling it has something to do with power being rerouted elsewhere on boot.

loach678 thanx for that info ..ok this is new all the other hackintosh way for TH was to leave it plug in after win 10 boot ...but for this board your right if you plug it in at clover screen it works

tested also
not stable ..50/50 for me sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core I7-6700
Graphics
GTX 1060 / GTX 960 egpu
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
There was a BIOS setting that I messed with. Worked 50/50 before. Now 100% at clover menu. Whenever I can get back to my hack, I'll post those settings.

Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core I7-6700
Graphics
GTX 1060 / GTX 960 egpu
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Any ideas here of who might be able to show me how hotplug might work? I know the USB 3 used to have trouble like this.

Motherboard
Asrock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac
CPU
Intel Core i5 7600K
Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Have any of you guys experienced extreme lagging after coming out of sleep?
It usually takes my customac about 5-10 minutes to get normal and speedy again. But during those first minutes kernel_task is eating away all my resources.

Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core I7-6700
Graphics
GTX 1060 / GTX 960 egpu
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If anyone is interested, I saved my BIOS settings. I use a graphics card, so you may need to adjust that. Let me know if it works for you!

Attachments

• Hackintosh-Thunderbolt-Settings.BIN.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 127
If anyone is interested, I saved my BIOS settings. I use a graphics card, so you may need to adjust that. Let me know if it works for you!

Do you need to boot windows first ? Or are you guys doing this from a cold boot straight into Seirra?

Motherboard
Asrock 270 Fatality mini-ITX
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Hi z270 fatality owner!
Asrock support has kindly answered to my question about Thunderbolt compatibility.

Obviously, the motherboard is not intended for a MacOs or Linux install, but they
gave me a "special" Bios version, that can solve the issue with Thunderbolt display,
where the monitor doesn't show anything before the Apple loading bar.

@hockeylove This update seem designed for you!
If this works for you, please confirm that the Apple Thunderbolt Display is compatible with internal GPU.

NB Be careful with Bios updates: prepare a second USB key with your stable 2.2 Bios software, in case of problem.

Attachments

• Z27GIA 2.20A.zip
    9.3 MB · Views: 102
Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core I7-6700
Graphics
GTX 1060 / GTX 960 egpu
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Do you need to boot windows first ? Or are you guys doing this from a cold boot straight into Seirra?

after I installed the drivers in Win10 I can boot straight to macOS using the "plug at clover" method.