Contribute
Register

Asrock Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac is compatible / working?

Motherboard
AS Rock Z270 Fatal1ty ITX
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Intel HD 530, GTX1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. LC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Try upgrade to sierra. New drivers etc...
I read of some user on z270 that use a Thunderbolt Cinema Display, try a search in this thread.

Have tried on 10.11.6, 10.12.4 & 10.12.5 I've not done is any custom DSDT edits.

I guess the other factor is that I have a i7-6700K. Kaby Lake processors apparently have built-in support for TB3, but I don't really understand what this means? To the best of my knowledge the MOBO still needs to have Thunderbolt controllers built-in. So what precisely TB3 support in the CPU means is rather beyond me...

Can anyone who does have working TB3 on the Hackintosh tell me what CPU they are using?

Motherboard
Asrock 270 Fatality mini-ITX
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
@PowerBook Did you installed every content from asrock DVD, in a windows HD? bootable from clover?

There are few users confirming Thunderbolt working: Hockeylove used a Cinema Display thunderbolt, and that monitor doesn't work at all without TB!
I have an Apple Thunderbolt display hooked up with the same Thunderbolt 3 to 2 adaptor you are using. Like I mentioned before the display works sometimes and sometimes not. I am wondering if we need a firmware update from ASRock to enable the Thunderbolt port from the bios state. I don't see the the bios or clover bootloader. My Thunderbolt display will come on while the Apple logo screen with the progress bar halfway. Some one said there is a Thunderbolt utility and drivers on the cd that came with the board. I am not able to use the cd because i don't have a cd drive hooked up to my computer. I have to dig out my usb dvd drive from my storage and try to see whats on the cd drive. Maybe this weekend ill have time to do this. Ill report when i do it.

I am directly interested in compatibility with TB Cinema display: all in one it's a display, a thunderbolt dock and a firewire converter for my hack pro!
@hockeylove any update after bios updates?

Ok in time of growing 4K it's overpriced and rare in amazon/ebay EU, but I may found one at 500€.
And it's the last monitor with Apple logo!

Motherboard
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Intel HD 530, GTX1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. LC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
@PowerBook Did you installed every content from asrock DVD, in a windows HD? bootable from clover?

There are few users confirming Thunderbolt working: Hockeylove used a Cinema Display thunderbolt, and that monitor doesn't work at all without TB!

I am directly interested in compatibility with TB Cinema display: all in one it's a display, a thunderbolt dock and a firewire converter for my hack pro!
@hockeylove any update after bios updates?

Ok in time of growing 4K it's overpriced and rare in amazon/ebay EU, but I may found one at 500€.
And it's the last monitor with Apple logo!

Yes, all required Windows drivers installed, TB3 works absolutely fine in Windows. Running latest MOBO firmware.

Motherboard
Asrock 270 Fatality mini-ITX
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
MBP 2011 in Target Disk mode. Thunderbolt 3 > 2 Adapter. Apple 2m Thunderbolt cable
Hackintosh Z270 ITX mobo with TB port tested in Windows and confirmed working
When showing Target Disk Mode icon on MBP2011 screen, plug TB3 cable into shutdown Hackintosh.
Start Hackintosh from powered down state.
I think your issue was in this "chain", or in the target mode...
Have you tested a thunderbolth external Disk?

Motherboard
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Intel HD 530, GTX1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. LC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I think your issue was in this "chain", or in the target mode...
Have you tested a thunderbolth external Disk?

I'm afraid I don't have a standalone external Thunderbolt HD. However to the best of my knowledge a MBP in Target Disk mode is essentially an external Thunderbolt drive, in the same way that a MBP with Firewire is an external FW drive.

My required use is to be able to plug in my MBP and be able to sync data via TB between the Hack and the MBP.

Motherboard
asrock x99m killer fatalaty 3.1
CPU
i7 4820k
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
i have all thunderbolt options hard drives apollo audio interfaces and successfully gotten TB to work on all other builds x99 z97 thunderbolt asrock asus and GA cards built in etc.

i will upgrade to sierra today and let you know if that makes a difference

i have all thunderbolt options hard drives apollo audio interfaces and successfully gotten TB to work on all other builds x99 z97 thunderbolt asrock asus and GA cards built in etc.

i will upgrade to sierra today and let you know if that makes a difference

Any luck with TB Brucelee888?

Motherboard
Asrock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITXac
CPU
Intel Core I7-6700
Graphics
GTX 1060 / GTX 960 egpu
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all, I got the Asrock z270 with thunderbolt 3. I have an Apollo twin thunderbolt 2, using an adapter. Funny thing is I got it to work in Win10, and one time in Sierra. Updated the bios and enabled it. Can't figure out what I did to make it work though. I think you have to plug it in at a certain time during the boot sequence. Would be really nice if someone would figure out how to hotplug this guy.

Motherboard
asrock x99m killer fatalaty 3.1
CPU
i7 4820k
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hey all, I got the Asrock z270 with thunderbolt 3. I have an Apollo twin thunderbolt 2, using an adapter. Funny thing is I got it to work in Win10, and one time in Sierra. Updated the bios and enabled it. Can't figure out what I did to make it work though. I think you have to plug it in at a certain time during the boot sequence. Would be really nice if someone would figure out how to hotplug this guy.

I believe all here has it working in windows 10 no problem

I use he startech adapter thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 ....i tried Apples version it barely works in windows 10 side let alone on mac side a no go ...the startech adapter works all the time with other thunderbolt hardware GA boards, asrock and asus TH3 expansion cards ...again usbc works but no thunderbolt on mac side