Contribute
Register

Asrock Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac is compatible / working?

Motherboard
Asrock 270 Fatality mini-ITX
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
don't use appleHDA though just applealc+lilu
Removing the appleHDA -for me- causes a loss of audio and menu.
@Shad0wWalk3r: did you posted a guide? I can find it

I am trying asking help in audio section - i think for the 4th time, but there is no way, too criptic.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.143760/page-300#post-1527477

At the moment back to the working setup (AppleHDA, AppleAlc + lilu), but it would be nice to use the monitor speaker.

Now focus on update 10.12.5 and bios
:arrow: Edit: updated to new Bios from Asrock, and Sierra 10.12.5 withouth issues

Last edited:
. Check my profile for some reason it is moved on support I think.

Hey Shad0wWalk3r,
Can you confirm your thunderbolt is working - you're answer is my deciding factor on this motherboard,. I can't seem to fine a definitive answer. I have a thunderbolt 2 audio interface that is a must.

Motherboard
Asrock 270 Fatality mini-ITX
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Can you confirm your thunderbolt is working
see in previous pages, there is some post from "hockeylove" about a thunderbolt display and this our mobo.

It seem that works, but only on cold boot, and not in a solid way...

Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey Shad0wWalk3r,
Can you confirm your thunderbolt is working - you're answer is my deciding factor on this motherboard,. I can't seem to fine a definitive answer. I have a thunderbolt 2 audio interface that is a must.
i can confirm pineapple68's statement . yes tested a device with Thunderbolt adapter and ThunderBolt WORKS ONLY on cold boot

Motherboard
AS Rock Z270 Fatal1ty ITX
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Intel HD 530, GTX1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. LC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
i can confirm pineapple68's statement . yes tested a device with Thunderbolt adapter and ThunderBolt WORKS ONLY on cold boot

Can you define exactly what you mean by "cold boot"? I am unable to get Thunderbolt working at all with the following setup.

MBP 2011 in Target Disk mode. Thunderbolt 3 > 2 Adapter. Apple 2m Thunderbolt cable
Hackintosh Z270 ITX mobo with TB port tested in Windows and confirmed working
When showing Target Disk Mode icon on MBP2011 screen, plug TB3 cable into shutdown Hackintosh.
Start Hackintosh from powered down state.
No TB devices seen in System Profiler, no drives seen in Disk Utility.
Tested on OS X 10.12.4 and 10.12.5

For those people that have Thunderbolt working, what is different about your setup/startup sequence to mine?

Last edited:
Motherboard
asrock x99m killer fatalaty 3.1
CPU
i7 4820k
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Can you define exactly what you mean by "cold boot"? I am unable to get Thunderbolt working at all with the following setup.

MBP 2011 in Target Disk mode. Thunderbolt 3 > 2 Adapter. Apple 2m Thunderbolt cable
When showing Target Disk Mode icon on MBP2011 screen, plug TB3 cable into shutdown Hackintosh.

For those people that have Thunderbolt working, what is different about your setup/startup sequence to mine?

i can only get usb-c to work not thunderbolt 3 elcapitan 10.11.6
in windows 10 thunderbolt works

Motherboard
AS Rock Z270 Fatal1ty ITX
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Intel HD 530, GTX1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. LC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
i can only get usb-c to work not thunderbolt 3 elcapitan 10.11.6
in windows 10 thunderbolt works

Exactly my experience. TB3 != USB3, even though they might have the same physical connector. But I'm hoping, nay preying, someone will prove me wrong and provide the magic incantation to get TB3 working on the Hackintosh side...