Contribute
Register

AsRock Z270 Gaming ITX/AC | i7 7700K | GTX 970 | macOS Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Prologue (Optional Read !);
Since the motherboard seemed to be very popular around tonymacx86's early adopters, I thought I'd make a quick guide on how I got everything working. I won't discuss how to patch your DSDT here since there are plenty of guides made by RehabMan and other excellent developers in the osx86 scene. So take this guide as a fast wrap-up for everything regarding this motherboard.
Credits go to all the developers + this topic http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321872-guide-sierra-on-mobos-serie-200-kabylake-dsdt/ in which the member "Mald0n" helps very much with z270 motherboards. I had to take some of the files there to be sure what i am doing :)

Motherboard Specs;
Audio : ALC1220
Ethernet : Intel I219V2
CPU Socket : LGA 1151 (Sky+Kaby Lake Support)
RAM Type : DDR4

BIOS : The only thing you need to change is : "ThunderBolt ->Enable" and "XHCI-Handoff->Enabled" for all the USBs to work correctly!

What you will need!:
Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITXac(L4).jpg
Asrock Z270 ITX / AC (of course) with BIOS 2.10 (motherboard will be compatible with other versions, my DSDT won't :p )
Kaby Lake processor (hence the Fake CPU ID in config - if you use Skylake remove it or use the appropriate fake CPU-ID) in my case 7700K is in the build.
1 or 2 sticks of RAM. Max Capacity is 2x16GB=32GB but i use 2x8GB=16GB DDR4 of Crucial memory which is fine for my needs
M.2 to BCM94360 Adapter - eBay or Amazon. just search for it ;) It will probably show bcm94360cs2 adapter which is a dual band but I had the bcm94360cd card from my previous Haswell build which worked just fine only is a little bit taller but i don't care really!
nVidia GPU - I don't mess around with iGPUs, and the DSDT doesn't patch them. I use only nVidia graphics so with web drivers everything should be working if you use my EFI including HDMI audio

What works
Pretty much everything.Tested Thunderbolt (with Apple's adapter!), and, if you plug the device before power on, when macOS boots ,the device will show up. So I think it is something hot plug related? I don't know but I really don't have many TB devices anyway :p

Handoff/ Continuity patch isn't included in my config because someone may not want to use WLAN at all. If you decide to use BCM94352Z instead of an apple card, go to toleda's guide and use the kexts needed for your card. Then add in the config the patch and run the CAT tool. If you use the apple one, all you need is the kext patch through config.plist and handoff will work. I find the BCM94352Z kinda unreliable with handoff, hence I don't recommend it but it is your choice :D

All USB 3.0 ports work and Audio,Ethernet as well.

Not Tested
You guessed it ;) onboard graphics at all / NVMe SSD;Rehabman's method may be the only option for this.I use SATA SSD so no analysis here for this.

StartING Point!
Start by using the createinstallmedia method to create your USB. Pretty much used the tonymacx86 guide it is. :) Then we download the clover EFI installer. We choose in Customize the options "Install for UEFI", under Drivers64UEFI OsxAptioFixDrv-64 and selectED USB drive to install on, and that's it ;)

You will see on your desktop the EFI partition mounted. Go to my Zip and replace the CLOVER folder included with the one in the USB (don't MERGE!). Now we can open the config.plist with Clover Configurator and create a serial number under SMBIOS (magic wand -> iMac 17,1 then smash the generate buttons under serial ;) ),

Boot from USB but go to Clover options and change "nvda_drv=1" to "nv_disable=1". The first will be again used when Web drivers are installed. Untill then, (first boot, or rebooted because of installation process ) you have to change the argument!

Install as normal (again - follow tonymacx86's default guide on this :) ). When we boot to our Desktop, we install clover as before on our default drive now, and you open again the ZIP I have . There is the AGDPFix by Pike Alpha. You run it to NOT have black screen issues during boot process. If you already encountered this before the patch, the fix is simple. (For example, for the first boot -after that Pike's patch is HIGHLY recommended.) Unplug your HDMI- DP cable, and re-plug it back in. It seemed to do the trick for me. :D We can now install the web drivers from nVidia's website and not use nv_disable=1 anymore!

Reboot, and you should have everything working!

Attachments

• Z270 ITX AC Sierra Backup.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 517
  • cinebench.png
    cinebench.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 600
Last edited:
Prologue (Optional Read !);
Since the motherboard seemed to be very popular around tonymacx86's early adopters, I thought I'd make a quick guide on how I got everything working. I won't discuss how to patch your DSDT here since there are plenty of guides made by RehabMan and other excellent developers in the osx86 scene. So take this guide as a fast wrap-up for everything regarding this motherboard.
Credits go to all the developers + this topic http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321872-guide-sierra-on-mobos-serie-200-kabylake-dsdt/ in which the member "Mald0n" helps very much with z270 motherboards. I had to take some of the files there to be sure what i am doing :)

Motherboard Specs;
Audio : ALC1220
Ethernet : Intel I219V2
CPU Socket : LGA 1151 (Sky+Kaby Lake Support)
RAM Type : DDR4

BIOS : The only thing you need to change is : "ThunderBolt ->Enable" and "XHCI-Handoff->Enabled" for all the USBs to work correctly!

What you will need!:
View attachment 256243
Asrock Z270 ITX / AC (of course) with BIOS 2.10 (motherboard will be compatible with other versions, my DSDT won't :p )
Kaby Lake processor (hence the Fake CPU ID in config - if you use Skylake remove it or use the appropriate fake CPU-ID) in my case 7700K is in the build.
1 or 2 sticks of RAM. Max Capacity is 2x16GB=32GB but i use 2x8GB=16GB DDR4 of Crucial memory which is fine for my needs
M.2 to BCM94360 Adapter - eBay or Amazon. just search for it ;) It will probably show bcm94360cs2 adapter which is a dual band but I had the bcm94360cd card from my previous Haswell build which worked just fine only is a little bit taller but i don't care really!
nVidia GPU - I don't mess around with iGPUs, and the DSDT doesn't patch them. I use only nVidia graphics so with web drivers everything should be working if you use my EFI including HDMI audio

What works
Pretty much everything.Tested Thunderbolt (with Apple's adapter!), and, if you plug the device before power on, when macOS boots ,the device will show up. So I think it is something hot plug related? I don't know but I really don't have many TB devices anyway :p

Handoff/ Continuity patch isn't included in my config because someone may not want to use WLAN at all. If you decide to use BCM94352Z instead of an apple card, go to toleda's guide and use the kexts needed for your card. Then add in the config the patch and run the CAT tool. If you use the apple one, all you need is the kext patch through config.plist and handoff will work. I find the BCM94352Z kinda unreliable with handoff, hence I don't recommend it but it is your choice :D

All USB 3.0 ports work and Audio,Ethernet as well.

Not Tested
You guessed it ;) onboard graphics at all / NVMe SSD;Rehabman's method may be the only option for this.I use SATA SSD so no analysis here for this.

StartING Point!
Start by using the createinstallmedia method to create your USB. Pretty much used the tonymacx86 guide it is. :) Then we download the clover EFI installer. We choose in Customize the options "Install for UEFI", under Drivers64UEFI OsxAptioFixDrv-64 and selectED USB drive to install on, and that's it ;)

You will see on your desktop the EFI partition mounted. Go to my Zip and replace the CLOVER folder included with the one in the USB (don't MERGE!). Now we can open the config.plist with Clover Configurator and create a serial number under SMBIOS (magic wand -> iMac 17,1 then smash the generate buttons under serial ;) ),

Boot from USB but go to Clover options and change "nvda_drv=1" to "nv_disable=1". The first will be again used when Web drivers are installed. Untill then, (first boot, or rebooted because of installation process ) you have to change the argument!

Install as normal (again - follow tonymacx86's default guide on this :) ). When we boot to our Desktop, we install clover as before on our default drive now, and you open again the ZIP I have . There is the AGDPFix by Pike Alpha. You run it to NOT have black screen issues during boot process. If you already encountered this before the patch, the fix is simple. (For example, for the first boot -after that Pike's patch is HIGHLY recommended.) Unplug your HDMI- DP cable, and re-plug it back in. It seemed to do the trick for me. :D We can now install the web drivers from nVidia's website and not use nv_disable=1 anymore!

Reboot, and you should have everything working!

Hope this guide helps someone! I am still 17 so no hard feelings if I made some mistakes right ? :p I haven't patched many DSDTs, and the process isn't exactly the 1-2-3 everyone is hoping for. :(

THANKS Shad0wWalk3r! Great Build!!!

Thanks!! I just barely finished my own Kaby Lake build and will be starting my Hackintosh journey soon.

Thanks a lot for this, great work!

This is very helpful, Initially, I had some USB related issue so I ended up installing from clover on an internal SATA SSD (partitioned so the installer was less than 32 gb). Then I installed on the other partition of the same SATA SSD, after getting the NVME SSD working, I cloned the SATA SSD content to the NVME SSD and used multibeast to add a loader, then I had to use your file to replace the clover folder on the NVME SSD's EFI partition.

This was very difficult and way harder than my previous gigabyte build, but eventually it worked out.

I was able to get NVME working on this same setup using the Rehabman method. However, everyone should note that the included AC wifi card does NOT work, this vernonlloyd was able to replace it with an apple card and have it plug and play. following onmybikedrunk's thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-gaming-i5-7500-16gb-ram-intel-hd-630.217992/ for vernonlloyd's guide and https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...dapter-handoff-unlock-with-watch-uefi.215895/ for the wifi fix

For 10.12.6 you just need to delete IONVMEFamily.kext and install the 10.12.6 kext generated from the correct plist file from Git:

https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back