Contribute
Register

ASRock x99M Install Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap, I'm finally in.

It seems that over and over again, the problem was a USB Bios issue. By disabling all the USB 3 related options in the bios, I was able to use -v ncpi=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes (for my GTX460) to get into the installer. From there, things went rather smoothly.

I used the Multibeast settings from this post (http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...killer-gtx-980-i7-5820k-update-10-10-2-a.html). Unfortunately, when booting from the drive, I get an error with the Atheros Killer ethernet controller and the system crashes. For now, I've just disabled the controller via the bios and that lets me boot just fine. It's the second LAN port, and the other functions correctly.

I'm going to continue to experiment with Multibeast, and will post a full guide for this board when completed. I'm going to swap the card out for a GTX960 and also install a Thunderbolt card. What could possibly go wrong, right?

Thanks for the help, Going Bald.

Wow you did it ? Have the same problem I think I disabled usb 3.0 but still my computer is freezing also with nv_disable on IOBluetooth [start]

And I need to boot in safe mode without I get :

Kernel Panic
IOBluetoothHostContollerUSBTransport(4.3.6f3)
IOUSBFamily
IOACPIFamily
IOPCIFamily

Have same mainboard as you!
X99M Asrock

Wow you did it ? Have the same problem I think I disabled usb 3.0 but still my computer is freezing also with nv_disable on IOBluetooth [start]

Kernel Panic
IOUSBFamily
IOACPIFamily
IOPCIFamily

X99M Asrock
This problem is cause by the graphic card you are using. Simply remove it and install an old graphic card that is supported. After you get in the system install the drivers for your new graphic card and everything should work fine.

Kernel Panic
IOUSBFamily
IOACPIFamily
IOPCIFamily

X99M Asrock
Did you disable the Super I/O serial port in UEFI? This was the cause of the same KP on my X99M Killer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back