Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Big Sur - OpenCore 6.6 Build:
ASRock X570 Creator - Ryzen 9 3900X - Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64

about.jpg

Components
ASRock X570 Creator Motherboard - amazon.com | amazon.co.uk | amazon.de | newegg.com
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X - amazon.com | amazon.co.uk | amazon.de | newegg.com
Arctic LIQUID FREEZER II 280 - amazon.com | amazon.co.uk | amazon.de | newegg.com
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 64GB DDR4 3600MHz - amazon.com | amazon.co.uk | amazon.de | newegg.com
2x Corsair SSD MP600 1TB NVMe M.2 PCIe 4.0 - amazon.com | amazon.co.uk | amazon.de | newegg.com

Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ RX Vega 64 8GB HBM2 2xHDMI 2xDP - not available

Corsair HX1000i 1000 Watt Power Supply - amazon.de | newegg.com

IOGEAR Micro USB Bluetooth 4.0 Transmitter - amazon.com | amazon.co.uk | amazon.de | newegg.com

Apple Magic TrackPad 2 - amazon.com | amazon.co.uk | amazon.de

Apple Magic Keyboard - amazon.com | amazon.co.uk | amazon.de

LaCie 2big Dock RAID Thunderbolt™ 3 20 TB - amazon.com | amazon.co.uk | amazon.de | newegg.com

LG 34UC99-W UltraWide® WQHD IPS Curved LED Monitor with USB Type-C - amazon.com | amazon.co.uk | amazon.de | newegg.com

Comments

Sleep- handoff- apple watch- and other apple bloatware not tested. I do not have or use any of them
What is important to me is Thunderbolt connection , wifi , ethernet, bluetooth, audio and graphics and these all work fine

Summary
Everything I need seems to work, not many boot errors still researching what SSDT´s, drivers and kext are essential and witch I can remove. Any suggestions welcome.

What Works
Wifi, Ethernet, TB3 on RESTART (does not require COLD START), Bluetooth, USB-C external drives,
ALL connected drives.

What Does Not Work
Camtasia screencapture software does not work, nor does video capture in Snagit.
Otherwize I try to stay clear of Apple bloatware and have not tested these. AirParrot works fine.
VirtualBOx is a little laggy for Apple Trackpad, and 3 finger move is stupid, but works on finger down and hold.

Benchmarks
A little sub par, but I am no expert. No tweaking (out of the box, and not closing all other programs gives
Chinebench 23 single core = 1206 multi core 16206
Geekbench 5 OpenCL = 45430 Ill test more later

Everything seems to work. It's a good starting point if you want to use OpenCore 6.6 on Big Sur and internal BlueTooth, internal Wifi, Internal Thunderbolt 3 on at least 1 of the TB3 ports.

I would love scrutiny and suggestions

Attachments

• Asrock-X570-Creator-BigSur-OpenCore-066.zip
    21.3 MB · Views: 566
Last edited:
Must Thank CaseySJ for SSDT's and so much work and info

@mannvera,

Regarding Thunderbolt on the X570 Creator, is hot plug working? I believe we have to connect and power on Thunderbolt peripherals prior to warm boot?

@CaseySJ Yes, hot plug is working.

I can restart from OS and it detects my 2BIG external HD,
I can disconnect/or/turn off the 2BIG, and start up/connect it again, and it is detected and volumes mounted.

I can put the machine to sleep, but the Apple Magic Bluetooth keyboard or Trackpad, cannot wake the machine.
I have a separate PC USB keyboard and mouse, and these can wake the machine from sleep.
Same goes when booting, Apple Magic keyboard/trackpad cannot be used to select the OS I want to start up, have to use the connected USB PC ones for only this single function.
As soon as OS is started, I can use Bluetooth keyboard/TrackPad to log in.

PS. OS updated to 11.2

Attachments

• Asrock-Creator-Big-Sur-11.2.jpg
    Asrock-Creator-Big-Sur-11.2.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 144
  • wifi-bluetooth-ethernet.jpg
    wifi-bluetooth-ethernet.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
@mannvera so is the internal onboard wifi module on the motherboard working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back