Contribute
Register

Asrock x299 taichi CLX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Sadly I lost interest on this MB. after trying multiple options for weeks result super hard. I move on, returned the Motherboard and we are moving to asus x299.

Thank you Everyone!

@lrva
It is very confusing.
For further inspection of your motherboard and your configuration, I decided to:
- download the user manual
- improve the EFI-X299-10.13.6-Release-iMacPro1,1-141018 for Asrock x299 Taichi CLX

So my proposal in the EFI:

1/ in the config.plist :
- ACPI/DSDT I added two patch necessary with latest bios and Intel CPU microcode :

Code:
Patch 1 : find : A00A9353 54415301 replace : A00A910A FF0BFFFF
Patch 2 : find : A00A9353 54415301 replace : A00A9353 43535301

(related here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-for-boot-hangs-after-bios-update-acpi-patch.275091/ and here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-for-boot-hangs-after-bios-update-acpi-patch.275091/page-5 )

(you may try both or one by one)

- removed CPUS=1 , I added nv_disable=1 to set Nvidia GPU to VESA

- some other modifications

2/ DRIVERS/EFI : no change

3/ Kexts/Other : i added the required kexts ; Alc, Lilu, WEG, AtherosE2200Ethernet ( for your 2,5 G Eth Killer), XHCI ...

From your side, you must verify carefully your bios settings according to the guide and especially disable CSM support.

For booting the installer only use one of the N°12 USB 2,0 port on the back panel

When you are on the Clover boot screen please with regard to autoboot and DefaultVolume, save the Clover log to /EFI/CLOVER/MISC/PREBOOT.LOG by pressing F2 and upload that.

You can try to adjust some parameters yourself and report.

Also, can you specify which NVMe SSD you are using.

Good luck !
The latest BIOS of EVGA X299 FTWK can unlock MSR. I want to install macOS High Sierra 10.13.6,but it always fails to boot. Do you still use this motherboard? Can you provide the EFI you installed before for me to learn? Thank you very much.

after a lot of research for almost 6 weeks, I found out it's really complex to install HS on this MB. I returned and changed for a x299 deluxe II. in hours I had high sierra up running.

I do not have anymore the Efi folder.

Yours seem to be a different motherboard, so good luck. Keep us posted of you progress

@Loloflatsix
Loloflatsix

I have an EFI that can boot and start high Sierra normally, but the resolution of the boot interface is not correct, and it is normal to enter the system. I don't know where the problem is.

Attachments

• X299最终EFI.zip
    9.9 MB · Views: 80
after a lot of research for almost 6 weeks, I found out it's really complex to install HS on this MB. I returned and changed for a x299 deluxe II. in hours I had high sierra up running.

I do not have anymore the Efi folder.

Yours seem to be a different motherboard, so good luck. Keep us posted of you progress

Thank you!

if you want later today I can share my actual EFI folder of my x299 Deluxe II. if that helps in anyways. Let me know.

@Loloflatsix
Loloflatsix

I have an EFI that can boot and start high Sierra normally, but the resolution of the boot interface is not correct, and it is normal to enter the system. I don't know where the problem is.

Here you have my EFI folder working with High Sierra , Mojave and Catalina 10.15 : there are kernel to patch for MSR register (latest bios don't allow to disable Cfglock) , I did just remove serial number and SmUUID. May be Clover 5093 I don't remember exactly but it works.
May be you adopt the SSDTRX580 for your GTX1080 : look on Kgp Github repo.
Don't forget to edit Info.plist fromTSCAdjustReset.kext for your CPU IOCPUNumber --->15

Attachments

• EFI FTW-K.zip
    18.8 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Here you have my EFI folder working with High Sierra , Mojave and Catalina 10.15 : there are kernel to patch for MSR register (latest bios don't allow to disable Cfglock) , I did just remove serial number and SmUUID. May be Clover 5093 I don't remember exactly but it works.
May be you adopt the SSDTRX580 for your GTX1080 : look on Kgp Github repo.
Don't forget to edit Info.plist fromTSCAdjustReset.kext for your CPU IOCPUNumber --->15
Thank you for your suggestion. This is the BIOS update description of evga official website. I'm not sure if the MSR lock option is useful

Attachments

• BIOS.png
    BIOS.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 77
Thank you for your suggestion. This is the BIOS update description of evga official website. I'm not sure if the MSR lock option is useful

Yes it is a good new : above 4G is good with OC and with CfgLock disable the xcpm_core_scope_msrs and xcpm_pkg_scope_msrs are no more needed ! ( Disabled set to yes on config.plist)
I will try this bios this week-end.

Capture d’écran 2020-02-13 à 19.22.37.png

Last edited:
This FTW K motherboard reminds me of the Asrock X299 Steel Legend. It appears that they updated it for the 32 GB DIMM support, but didn't reroute the PCI-e. It might mean that it will be one of the few refreshed X299 boards that is working for OS X!

@CHENM1NG, let us know if you get it booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back