Contribute
Register

AsRock X299 Creator

Status
Not open for further replies.
No working (or at least not NATIVE working) NVRAM here on the CREATOR.
About your long POST: can you provide Screenshots?

Hi

I am new here, owing some x299 hackintoshs for animation and a little renderfarm, but never built one.

As the company disappeared which has built all of them, I have decided to built a new audio mothership for my recording studio, for better understanding and to be able to service the existing ones as well.

The new audio workstation will be based on an AsRock Creator, i9 10980, 256 GB Corsair Vengeance, RX580 and an Alphacool Eisbär 420, be quiet 1000W in a bequiet Silent base 802.

I mainly need Thunderbolt and USB ports and hoped that the onboard Titan Ridge is a bit more stable than the Alpine Ridge in my actual built i9 7980. (there will be 5 UAD Interfaces/DSP Farms connected) Will use Bluetooth with an external USB stick and the 10GBit Aquantia from the Creator. No Wifi needed. I will use an old RX580 of the former one unless prices getting back normal for a rx5700. Just need 3 4k screens for graphics nothing else.

I planned to install Catalina, as I have the impression after reading here and there that Big Sir is still not that stable and not a good starting point for beginners, but let me know if I am wrong.

If anyone has a simliar setup than above and can post an OC based EFI folder as a starting point, I would be really thankful, otherwise I will follow the Dortania guide.

Any other tips for this setup would be highly appreciated as well :)

Hello Friends, any one could help with latest oc folder? I have used EFI folders from earlier post generated new serial and working for years, but then when I want to update to bigger won't boot. Downloaded from
10 September 2020 :
- Support Asrock X299 Creator Post #346

what do I do next? to update? thanks.

Hello Friends, any one could help with latest oc folder? I have used EFI folders from earlier post generated new serial and working for years, but then when I want to update to bigger won't boot. Downloaded from
10 September 2020 :
- Support Asrock X299 Creator Post #346

what do I do next? to update? thanks.
The last one I have is OC 0.7.0
I'll Post it Later
EDIT
Here you go with OC 0.7.4

Attachments

• X299 AsRock Creator OC074 MacOS11.6.1.zip
    22.5 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:
I'll Post it Later
EDIT
Thanks oli. this will support monterey also? when i put this efi to usb drive bigsur installer it dont see the installer. that is the screen i come up with. also what bios version are you on? i forgot and can not find option cfg lock/msr unlock but still clover 5103 boots fine for catalina. do you think it is possible to have same serial number if i move to oc? or update clover that will work? i really dont want to re-install plugin for my daw. but if have to i will do fresh install now i am trying to experiment on spare ssd. my 4tb nvme will arrive soon. Thanks.

Attachments

• 251809113_882554099060743_6416504810542731915_n.jpg
    251809113_882554099060743_6416504810542731915_n.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 41
Thanks oli. this will support monterey also?
I haven't tested ... but probably with few/no trick
when i put this efi to usb drive bigsur installer it dont see the installer. that is the screen i come up with.
I check, there is HFS+ driver needed for The HFS+ formatted installer partition to be recognised... Weird
is the EFI folder is in the some USB stick as the installer.
if no try another usb port
also what bios version are you on?

I don't remember ...probably the last one.

i forgot and can not find option cfg lock/msr unlock
You have to check Config.plist ➧ Kernel ➧ Quirk➧ AppleXcpmCfgLock
but still clover 5103 boots fine for catalina. do you think it is possible to have same serial number if i move to oc?
Yes just copy and past You Serials (MLB, SmUUID and System serial Number) in the config.plist ➧ Platform info ➧ Datahub - Generic

Have you read these :
config-HEDT/skylake-x
Clover Conversion
?
or update clover that will work?
It's possible. In order to boot catalina you have to change the correct value int the config.plist ➧ UEFI ➧ APFS ➧ MinDate & MinVersion
i really dont want to re-install plugin for my daw.
I understand
but if have to i will do fresh install now i am trying to experiment on spare ssd. my 4tb nvme will arrive soon. Thanks.
Please use carriage return in you message next time. it would be more friendly
Hope this helps

Hello Oli,
I'll Post it Later
EDIT
Hi Oli. I have some updates.

Now USB drives works, yes I had to change the port and later remap usb. OS have been installed.

There is no serial number available. I have tried to copy in proper tree still it won't show up.

Is the SMBios MacPro7,1 or ImacPro1,1 ?

Hello Oli,

Hi Oli. I have some updates.

Now USB drives works, yes I had to change the port and later remap usb. OS have been installed.

There is no serial number available. I have tried to copy in proper tree still it won't show up.

Is the SMBios MacPro7,1 or ImacPro1,1 ?
The SMBIOS I use is Macpro7,1
Glad it works for you

I'm trying to install Big Sur without success. And I play with my UEFI settings
Just a Reminder for Owners of this mobo
View attachment 494864
OC Tweaker/CPU configuration/Multicore Enhancement ➧ Disabled
OC Tweaker/CPU configuration/Intel Speed Shift Technology ➧ Native ode with No Legacy Support
Are Mandatory for i9 10900X and Catalina
I install Big Sur & Monterey with OC 7.4
Now I can leave OC Tweaker/CPU configuration/Multicore Enhancement ➧ Enable
And AirportItlwm.kext 2.1.0 works perfectly with this Mobo

Is there anyone Who succeed to have
  • Persistent Boot Option in UEFI as soon you plug a new drive with an EFI folder in ESP (I use 4 SSD trays)?
  • All Network Boot option in UEFI BIOS disabled permanently ;)?
  • A proper working (non Native) NVRAM ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back