Contribute
Register

AsRock X299 Creator

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is an Incomplete USB port Map Kext.
The front USBC and thunderbolt port are missing ( I haven't got any USBC device)
X299 Creator - Mappage Port USB.png

Attachments

• USBMap_X299Creator_Asrock.kext.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 61
This is my contribution to the ASRock x299 CREATOR. Have been switched from ASRock x299 OC Formula to this board. Running it with latest OpenCore0.6.7 - and these are the results:

Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 13.23.20.png
about_this_mac.png
Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 13.46.25.png
ethernet_cards.png
display.png
nvme.png
pci.png
usb.png
Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 13.21.16.png
Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 13.21.43.png
Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 13.22.08.png
Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 13.48.37.png
Everything is running smoothly. I have a Radeon RX6900XT in this board, which is currently not fully supported - thats why i have no acelleration in CATALINA and no Display in BIGSUR (<-- have to use Apple Remote Desktop to controll BIGSUR from my original MacBook).

Also BIOS is modified to get full Thunberbolt Support on this board.

I am running this board w/o LILU and LILU-PlugIns, cause i like it as vanilla as possible. Also i am using an ASRock Ultra Quad M.2 Card to run all those NVMe-Samsung SSDs.

All used SSDT-Files are edited by myself to make Hardware appear in System Information. And it is NOT just cosmetic edit - it was extended edit to make thinks possible to run flawlessly.

System is running WINDOWS10, BIGSUR, CATALINA and even MOJAVE fine. Every System is on it`s own SSD and all systems are booting from within the same OpenCore Bootloader so far.

Last edited:
Hello
Thank you !!
This is my contribution to the ASRock x299 CREATOR. Have been switched from ASRock x299 OC Formula to this board. Running it with latest OpenCore0.6.7 - and these are the results:

Everything is running smoothly. I have a Radeon RX6900XT in this board, which is currently not fully supported - thats why i have no acelleration in CATALINA and no Display in BIGSUR (<-- have to use Apple Remote Desktop to controll BIGSUR from my original MacBook).

Also BIOS is modified to get full Thunberbolt Support on this board.
How did you modified the BIOS ? I'm interested
I am running this board w/o LILU and LILU-PlugIns, cause i like it as vanilla as possible. Also i am using an ASRock Ultra Quad M.2 Card to run all those NVMe-Samsung SSDs.

All used SSDT-Files are edited by myself to make Hardware appear in System Information. And it is NOT just cosmetic edit - it was extended edit to make thinks possible to run flawlessly.
Correct me if I'm wrong : with your custom SSDTs you can skip Lilu.kext ?
System is running WINDOWS10, BIGSUR, CATALINA and even MOJAVE fine. Every System is on it`s own SSD and all systems are booting from wihtin the same OpenCore Bootloader so far.
if you can manage to your the built-in bluetooth, I want to know ;)

What about the support of the NVRAM ? can you use Startup disk Prefpan natively ?

Modified BIOS rev 1.30 with AMIBMP to free some extra Thunderbolt-Settings.
Normally there are only this setting for Thunderbolt:

Thunderbolt_I.jpg
but with a little BIOS-Edit you will also see this for Thunderbolt:
Thunderbolt_II.jpg
Thunderbolt_III.jpg
And than this will be the ADVANCED-Setting:
Advanced.jpg

Yes: no use of LILU or any of their plugins to make this setup work. But remember:
BLUETOOTH is diabled in BIOS, cause i have no use for it. All external peripherie is
running via USB or Thunderbolt 3.

Today i received beta BIOS v1.40H from ASRock for the X299 CREATOR, which supports C.A.M (Clever Access Memory) aka BAR-Support:

BIOS_140H.jpg - CAM.jpg

But guess what: it would NOT be supported under macOS yet.

yes, this entry is also new and has to be enabled first to make it clickable.
Also i tested my RX6900XT with 4G and CAM active. Guess what: the machine boots up to the desktop, but i dont have any Screen-Output. But i can connect to the maschine via Apple Remote Dektop.

Seems the Apple NAVI-Driver does not support BAR-Support yet.

@Mork_vom_Ork
I don't remembrer : have you succeed to have a working NVRAM.
I would like to use startup disk prefpane to (re)boot on Windows10 or mY BigSur Backup Drive

Another thing : the POST is very long and bios ends up with full of Network Boot entries that I have to disable again and again. Any solution ?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back