Contribute
Register

AsRock X299 Creator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes may be some explanation :
PCI
PCI is an acronym for Peripheral Component Interconnect. PCI devices may be integrated directly on the motherboard or function as an expansion board that plugs into a card slot on the motherboard.

Bridge
A PCI bridge is a hardware connection between two different buses. The bridge may be PCI to PCI, PCI to ISA or some other kind of bus. Bus standards are limited by electrical characteristics. Adding devices called bridges allows the buses to be expanded. A PCI bridge allows expansion of the PCI bus by adding more buses to the system.

X299X-AORUS-XTREME-WATERFORCE-arquitectura.png

Last edited:
To continue here is the WS X299 Sage/10G diagram :

q3CHp5h.png

Last edited:
I think I understand what a PCI bridge is with X299X diagram ➧ 5 on X299's left side+ 3 on X299's right side + 3 on CPU
Correct ?
But I seem more complicated on the SAGE 10G diagram ➧3 on X299's left side +4 on CPU's left side + 1 on CPU's Right side
Correct ?
If so I don't understand what Ydeng was referring to ?
Thanks

I think I understand what a PCI bridge is with X299X diagram ➧ 5 on X299's left side+ 3 on X299's right side + 3 on CPU
Correct ?
But I seem more complicated on the SAGE 10G diagram ➧3 on X299's left side +4 on CPU's left side + 1 on CPU's Right side
Correct ?
If so I don't understand what Ydeng was referring to ?
Thanks
You're right : totally agree with your count ;) and same about he was referring to.

You're right : totally agree with your count ;) and same about he was referring to.
May be ydeng was referring the exceeding number of PCI bridge only on X299 chipset !!
In that case he's totally right :rolleyes:

May be ydeng was referring the exceeding number of PCI bridge only on X299 chipset !!
In that case he's totally right
Yes : but plenty of X299 motherboards are compatible and the number of bridges as we can see is different between two models.

This is a board with six pci root bridges/complexes? It will never boot. IOPCIConfigurator takes the first root bridge and use it to config all PCI devices. Someone else struggled with this board before. My advice to that person was to give up. I have a board with two root bridges. I never managed to boot from any hard drive with it. Six is too many.
Hello
Can you give me more details about this issue. Sharing your knowledge will be helpful.
thanks

No more progress since the last time as we said on the specificity of the X299 platform but I have in mind the beginning of the installation of MacOs on it: more than two and a half years ago on its tread Kgp was able to start with a very simple config.plist and with only one ACPI patch, without SSDT ... as you can see bellow on the EFI-X299-10.12-Release-041017 : Must we need restart everything from scratch ? Perhaps not the solution but why not ?

Capture d’écran 2020-03-04 à 22.30.47.png

Hello
I come back Home tomorrow evening, I'll try that
Thanks !!!

Since X299x gigabyte patch is about RTC ....
I was reading in the open core documentation :https://khronokernel.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/Universal/awac.html
Could it be relevant for the ASrock X299 Creator (even if I use Clover) ?
I have replaced the ASrock X299 Creator by a Gigabyte X299X Designare 10G for the moment.
As soon I succeed to boot the Gigabyte X299X Designare 10G, I work back on the ASrock X299 Creator ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back