Contribute
Register

AsRock X299 Creator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes try to add this SSDT
thanks
I already try this patch
another point to check to see if there is no USB3 issue : see at this post #1 download the attached kexts.zip and get a try with the AppleUSBXHCI.kext (there are small luck that it will be that on X299 but why not if usual X299 XHCI don't work with your refresh X299 Mobo : in case let the two kexts together)
with theAppleUSBXHCI.kext : error :(
IMG_5424.jpg

I also try with/without npci=0x3000 boot argument : still stuck

Big thanks for the Help

Yes, of course ...

The biggest - and best guidance - is here:

But that is a lot to learn ... and it is ASUS, not ASRock.
I read it an use it extensively. All ACPI patches are disable with no SSDT for the first boot (MAcOS installation)
I will follow it again from scratch ;)

However a search will find you other ASRock X299 builds, for example there's this one:

As for the "_ini method", if that is to disable the GPU, then:

I will read those
Big Thanks

Hello
I bought a X299 cascade lake MotherBoard : AsRock X299 Creator
CPU : i9 9820x
It boots windows 10 and so I tried to boot Catalina

In BIOS (update to the last version : 1.30)
1- I disable
VT-d
Security Device support
Secure Boot
Intel Platform Trust Technology
CMS
Fast boot
Thunderbolt
Aquantia

2 - Advanced/ACPI/RTC alarm power On .. is ... "By OS" ??

3 - I didn't find anything about MSR lock

I use the last version of clover
During the boot, I stuck on PCI configuration
With or without the APCI patch mention by dolgarrenan here

I Press F4 on clover screen so the origin DSDT is the CLOVER/APCI/Origin Folder
Any idea or help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance

This is a board with six pci root bridges/complexes? It will never boot. IOPCIConfigurator takes the first root bridge and use it to config all PCI devices. Someone else struggled with this board before. My advice to that person was to give up. I have a board with two root bridges. I never managed to boot from any hard drive with it. Six is too many.

This is a board with six pci root bridges/complexes? It will never boot. IOPCIConfigurator takes the first root bridge and use it to config all PCI devices. Someone else struggled with this board before. My advice to that person was to give up. I have a board with two root bridges. I never managed to boot from any hard drive with it. Six is too many.
Bad news.
Do you know How many PCI bridges has the X299X Designare 10G ? it boots
Thanks for your reply

Just for notice: the X299X Aorus Master is also booting (with the ACPI hotpatch from dolgarrenan) ... so at the moment we have two Gigabyte Cascade Lake X-Boards wich are able to run High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina. Tested with 9960X and 10900X.

Just for notice: the X299X Aorus Master is also booting (with the ACPI hotpatch from dolgarrenan) ... so at the moment we have two Gigabyte Cascade Lake X-Boards wich are able to run High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina. Tested with 9960X and 10900X.
Good to know
Thanks

I see in your config.plist on your EFI folder this ACPI patch PC00 -> PCI0 is disabled and on dolgarrenan config.plist is enabled :have you tried with it enabled ? ( In my config.plist always enabled )

I see in your config.plist on your EFI folder this ACPI patch PC00 -> PCI0 is disabled and on dolgarrenan config.plist is enabled :have you tried with it enabled ? ( In my config.plist always enabled )
Hello
Yess I tried with/witout this ACPI patch PC00 ➧ PCI0 ...
I'll keep trying next week-end ;)
What you you think of what ydeng said ?
Thanks again

Hello
Yess I tried with/witout this ACPI patch PC00 ➧ PCI0 ...
I'll keep trying next week-end ;)
What you you think of what ydeng said ?
Thanks again
Very annoying does not help you more at this time to boot this mobo ;)
I continue to investigate.
About what ydeng said : the Gigabyte X299 WU8 does have 7 Pci slots and nmano managed a full functional build with Titan Ridge...
So may be another point to discover about your Asrock X299 Creator
The fact is : X299X Aorus Master and X299X Designare 10G boots at the moment.

About what ydeng said : the Gigabyte X299 WU8 does have 7 Pci slots and nmano managed a full functional build with Titan Ridge...
ydeng wasn't mentioning "PCIe slots", but "PCI bridges" ... I don't know what the last one is ...
My X299 Sage has 7 PCIe Slots ;) .. it works like a charm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back