Contribute
Register

AsRock X299 Creator

Status
Not open for further replies.
After this it seems that we have no LPCB / EC in DSDT but LPC0 / DMAC with same properties so here is the SSDT-EC-DMAC for the X299 Creator

Attachments

• SSDT-EC-DMAC-X299-CREATOR.aml.zip
    892 bytes · Views: 62
Last edited:
Hi Loloflatsix - Thanks to your great and detailed work here, I have my x299 creator up and running with 10.15.4 and as a Mac Pro 7,1 profile. With a Radeon VII.

I also had the issue of USB not being found when trying a mp 7,1 profile and these last two files fix it. So far it looks like it's running a lot better as this profile (Everything seems snappier, noticeable improvement in media/timeline apps dragging sliders, etc) And Sleep is working too (Wasn't working on my iMacPro profile attempt)

I do have some quick questions and a few notes
  • I can't seem to get OS X to ignore the built in bluetooth, so its conflicting with my fenvi card bluetooth (I see my fenvi bluetooth controller on the usb bus, but not in the system profile under "bluetooth", oddly my fenvi card doesn't show up under pci, but airport is working from it. [edit] disabling USB port HS14 disables internal bluetooth
  • The up arrow key no longer works in the finder, or in any lists? of text where you can go up/down to select a row item. This is really odd. The key works fine in final cut/timeline apps, other apps with navigation. I've never seen anything like this in 20 years so I thought I would ask - Is there any localization or keyboard / usb format changes happening in your AMLs? This happened on both SMBIOS [edit] deleting a few random com.apple.* finder preferences fixed this
  • I haven't build a dedicated USB port kext so I'll do that next
  • I removed your files for your r9 390, anything else you can think of that's specific to your build?
  • I did add the Mac Pro memory warning kext from the x299x gigabyte thread
  • I don't have any TB3 devices with me to test, but USB-C into the thunderbolt port wasn't working
  • Is there anything you'd like other users to test?
  • THANK YOU!

After this it seems that we have no LPCB / EC in DSDT but LPC0 / DMAC with same properties so here is the SSDT-EC-DMAC for the X299 Creator

Attachments

• about.png
    about.png
    134.9 KB · Views: 63
  • usbbluetooth.png
    usbbluetooth.png
    153.2 KB · Views: 63
  • bluetoothshowsonly asrock chip.png
    bluetoothshowsonly asrock chip.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 56
  • nofenviinpci.png
    nofenviinpci.png
    122.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Hi Loloflatsix - Thanks to your great and detailed work here, I have my x299 creator up and running with 10.15.4 and as a Mac Pro 7,1 profile. With a Radeon VII.

I also had the issue of USB not being found when trying a mp 7,1 profile and these last two files fix it. So far it looks like it's running a lot better as this profile (Everything seems snappier, noticeable improvement in media/timeline apps dragging sliders, etc) And Sleep is working too (Wasn't working on my iMacPro profile attempt)

I do have some quick questions and a few notes
  • I can't seem to get OS X to ignore the built in bluetooth, so its conflicting with my fenvi card bluetooth (I see my fenvi bluetooth controller on the usb bus, but not in the system profile under "bluetooth", oddly my fenvi card doesn't show up under pci, but airport is working from it.
  • The up arrow key no longer works in the finder, or in any lists? of text where you can go up/down to select a row item. This is really odd. The key works fine in final cut/timeline apps, other apps with navigation. I've never seen anything like this in 20 years so I thought I would ask - Is there any localization or keyboard / usb format changes happening in your AMLs? This happened on both SMBIOS
  • I haven't build a dedicated USB port kext so I'll do that next, along with testing another keyboard
  • I'll also try a new blank user account to see if that is the issue
  • I removed your files for your r9 390, anything else you can think of that's specific to your build?
  • I did add the Mac Pro memory warning kext from the x299x gigabyte thread, not sure if that's needed
  • I didn't try the patched msr unlock bios as smart flash wouldn't allow it as a verification check
  • Is there anything you'd like other users to test? I'm happy to contribute any efforts
  • THANK YOU!

Fine you have new build with the X299 Creator and almost fully functional :
- for the bluetooth : see in bios to disable the Pcie M.2 for the actual builtin bluetooth
- there is an option in bios to unlock msr : CFGLOck set to disable
- strange problem with up arrow key : USB or bluetooth keyboard ?
- dedicated USB port kext : I added OPCIPrimaryMatch 0xa12f8086 0xa2af8086 0xa1af8086 in the info.plist and wait for report if it works to complete the kext with the complementary count and properties : so you can work on that too.
- did you adapt the TSCAdjustReset for your CPU ?
- all yours return of experience are usefull !

Try this SSDT for Radeon VII from Kgp repo

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-RadeonVII-WEGVII.aml.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Fine you have new build with the X299 Creator and almost fully functional :
- for the bluetooth : see in bios to disable the Pcie M.2 for the actual builtin bluetooth
- there is an option in bios to unlock msr : CFGLOck set to disable
- strange problem with up arrow key : USB or bluetooth keyboard ?
- dedicated USB port kext : I added OPCIPrimaryMatch 0xa12f8086 0xa2af8086 0xa1af8086 in the info.plist and wait for report if it works to complete the kext with the complementary count and properties : so you can work on that too.
- did you adapt the TSCAdjustReset for your CPU ?
- all yours return of experience are usefull !
  • For disabling bluetooth in Bios I had disabled the WAN device (and bluetooth), I will check the pcie m2 areas to disable that slot. Good thinking!
  • I haven't seen cfglock in my bios 1.3, is it only in the patched bios you got from an earlier post?
  • USB keyboard (works fine in bios, and other apps, really odd it is limited to OS X "list views" as seen in finder, safari history, etc)
  • I started on a dedicated USB kext but got a little stuck on exploring XHC4 for the usb-c, do you know if the 15 port limit is per controller or global? I wasn't sure how to proceed on defining ports that were on a different controller, do they go in the same kext, just under a different parent object/array?
  • Should I manually add those patches, or did you put an updated info.plist file back on the thread somewhere
  • Yes, I forgot to mention I updated TSCadjustreset, but I'm on a i9-109020x, so still 12 cores
  • Thanks for the lead on the dedicated vii kext, currently I've just been using WEG and a kext from the AGPM builder app
On my own I'll work towards getting front audio to work... the front usb-c port on my nzxt510 is working ok with the port limit patch on and usbinjectall, got stuck with knowing how to do the kext for XHC4usb, and also not sure it is running 10gbps. Still no usb-c over thunderbolt yet.

Should I disable SSDT-EC.aml then ?

• I haven't seen cfglock in my bios 1.3, is it only in the patched bios you got from an earlier post?
IMG_5502.jpg

You cas see "CFG Lock" setting only with "CPU C states support" set to Manual.
It is disable by default, so leaving "CPU C states support" set to "Auto" is the same.

I also have Bluetooth problem ... with my USB dongle !!

Here's what I see with those patches in, so far I Think I can get everything I need from the XHCI controller (I haven't tested all internal headers) But I'm not sure how to go about with XHC4 which is a separate controller for the usb 3.1 bus. (I can explore that device with IOregistryexplorer and usbinjectall enabled)

Attachments

• hackintool usb ports.png
    hackintool usb ports.png
    316 KB · Views: 51
It is disable by default, so leaving "CPU C states support" set to "Auto" is the same.

Thanks! Let me know if you find the PCI device/m2 slot to disable in bios, I'll give it a look. Not sure where it is on the motherboard but my hunch is its under the small heat sync just above the bottom nvme heat sync

Should I disable SSDT-EC.aml then ?

View attachment 457829

Yes try to replace SSDT-EC by SSDT-EC-DMAC-X299-CREATOR

Yes try to replace SSDT-EC by SSDT-EC-DMAC-X299-CREATOR
Thanks ..
I tested with both before you answered : it boots ...
in the ioreg I see the same DMAC as before , but I still don't have PCI0 in the ioreg tree (despite the DSDT patch enable :crazy:)
I could replace PCI0 by PC00 directly in SSDT-EC-DMAC-X299-CREATOR ...

I don't see anything in common between SSDT-EC-DMAC-X299-CREATOR and SSDT-EC
Some knowledge is missing :lol:
Thanks again

Attachments

• Mac Pro with SSDT-EC-DMAC-X299-CREATOR.ioreg
    5 MB · Views: 50
  • Mac Pro without SSDT-EC-DMAC-X299-CREATOR.ioreg
    4.8 MB · Views: 64
Thanks ..
I tested with both before you answered : it boots ...
in the ioreg I see the same DMAC as before , but I still don't have PCI0 in the ioreg tree (despite the DSDT patch enable :crazy:)
I could replace PCI0 by PC00 directly in SSDT-EC-DMAC-X299-CREATOR ...

I don't see anything in common between SSDT-EC-DMAC-X299-CREATOR and SSDT-EC
Some knowledge is missing :lol:
Thanks again

Yes the patch doesn't mach so I adapted the SSDTs to PC00 but I made a huge mistake on SSDT-EC-DMAC : I forgot to do that with SSDT-EC-DMAC : so here is the new SSDT-DMAC

Attachments

• SSDT-EC-DMAC-X299-CREATOR PC00.aml.zip
    769 bytes · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back