Integrated
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I am a new Hackintosh Builder. I have a ASROCK Extreme 4 Motherboard. I followed all the instructions as far as setting up my USB boot for High Sierra. So I end up on the install page, and my keyboard and mouse will not respond. It seems like all the usb drives are not working. I see that its ready to install, Im just unable to click on anything. Any tips, tricks or advice would be very helpful. BIOS works and I just cant click on the OS install page.

Your motherboard has both Intel (supported) and ASMedia (unsupported) USB controllers.
Specs said:
- 3 x USB 2.0 Headers (Support 6 USB 2.0 ports) (Intel® Z370) (Supports ESD Protection)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Header (Supports 2 USB 3.1 Gen1 ports) (Intel® Z370) (Supports ESD Protection)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Header (Supports 2 USB 3.1 Gen1 ports) (ASMedia ASM1074 hub) (Supports ESD Protection)
- 1 x Front Panel Type C USB 3.1 Gen1 Header (ASMedia ASM1074 hub)

Use Intel ports for your peripherals.

May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-300-series-injector.kext or XHCI-200-series-injector.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May need PMHeart’s patch to remove XHCI USB Port Limit in config.plist.

The problem may also occur when your USB controllers are unsupported, if this is the case you should add the appropriate kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ or try GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Your motherboard has both Intel (supported) and ASMedia (unsupported) USB controllers.

Use Intel ports for your peripherals.

May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-300-series-injector.kext or XHCI-200-series-injector.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May need PMHeart’s patch to remove XHCI USB Port Limit in config.plist.

The problem may also occur when your USB controllers are unsupported, if this is the case you should add the appropriate kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ or try GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Thanks so much your tips were invaluable. Adding USBinjectall fixed my issue and I was able to complete my install of OS High Sierra. Do you have any idea why I tend to have some screen tearing? I have not run any post install work as the first time I tried some of that it crashed my system.

Thanks so much your tips were invaluable. Adding USBinjectall fixed my issue and I was able to complete my install of OS High Sierra. Do you have any idea why I tend to have some screen tearing? I have not run any post install work as the first time I tried some of that it crashed my system.

HD630.png

You know I tried this and my system still does not show transparent task bar and my graphics are only showing 6mb under about this mac? Any other tips? Anyone else have a grey bar at the bottom and no transparency. I believe it has to do with my Integrated graphics not quite running at max!

You know I tried this and my system still does not show transparent task bar and my graphics are only showing 6mb under about this mac? Any other tips? Anyone else have a grey bar at the bottom and no transparency. I believe it has to do with my Integrated graphics not quite running at max!
Ensure that your DVMT value is at least 64mb in your BIOS settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back