Contribute
Register

[DEPRECATED] ASRock Rack EP2C602 Install Guide for Sierra and High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
The EFI looks good. Sounds like the issues remaining are power management and graphics. Have you looked at this?

Sounds like im having similar issue to another post on here about vega black screen after monitor turns off (can get it back using vnc resolution change). As for power management of cpu, Ive had it working before in el capitan. I followed the steps in your guide but once i generated the ssdt patch and reboot i get kernel panic. Same issue happened before when my bios msr wasnt unlocked. Since im not booting from nvme yet, maybe ill flash my bios that has the unlock from asrock and see if theres a difference. The script seemed to generate the correct values for my cpu turbo boost and set cpu as ivybridge since my v1 isnt actually supported. Maybe I'm missing something, its been a couple years since ive done cpu power management. System seems to work great other then a few quirks now, thanks again for this guide.

Will work on uploading efi today. And yes i followed the bios guide I knew what settings needed to be changed but still followed the pdf exactly. Thanks for speedy reply. Also I contacted asrock before for a custom bios with msr unlock and have another with nvme boot they sent me. If you wpuld like either for those for reference I can upload those too the msr unlock is 1.80 and the nvme boot is 1.89.
Hi, @epnk!
Have you read ASRock Rack EP2C602-4L/D16 Support? Can you share UEFI's, so I can compare them.
@teamawesome, still waiting answers on same questions - SuperIO chip and ...! Still now answers... :D
@epnk, does Sleep and Power Nap works on your system? Check out https://tonymacx86.com/posts/1843666 post for more and references.
Could you post HWMonitor screenshot?
And check SuperIO chip found on boot using -v boot option.
@teamawesome, do you use RehabMan FakeSMC.kext in Clover kexts/Other folder?
HWSensors project is dead! :problem:
Have you done something special for USBInjectAll.kext. Or just downloaded and copied in right place?
Do you still need SSDT-UIAC.aml file under ACPI/patched in Clover folder?
Do you really need in config.plist?
Code:
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<true/>

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi, @epnk!
Have you read ASRock Rack EP2C602-4L/D16 Support? Can you share UEFI's, so I can compare them.
@teamawesome, still waiting answers on same questions - SuperIO chip and ...! Still now answers... :D
@epnk, does Sleep and Power Nap works on your system? Check out https://tonymacx86.com/posts/1843666 post for more and references.
Could you post HWMonitor screenshot?
And check SuperIO chip found on boot using -v boot option.
@teamawesome, do you use RehabMan FakeSMC.kext in Clover kexts/Other folder?
HWSensors project is dead! :problem:
Have you done something special for USBInjectAll.kext. Or just downloaded and copied in right place?
Do you still need SSDT-UIAC.aml file under ACPI/patched in Clover folder?
Do you really need in config.plist?
Code:
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<true/>

Thanks.
@Coool Actually just ended up upgrading to a skylake-x system. The asrock board gave me so many issues over the 2 years ive owned it. My vega 56 was only running at 1/3rd of its performance on benchmarks.... If you would like the uefi files i have from asrock support I can upload them tonight.

@epnk, sorry to hear your bad experience :thumbdown. It would be great if you could upload UEFI.

Thanks.
@Coool No worries Im sure its related to the e5-2660v1 2.2ghz xeons being a bottleneck, the vega runs great with the i7-7800x on evga x299 micro but cant seem to boot mac so that is a project I'll work towards lol heres the 2 uefi that AsRock Racks William sent me thru support. Hope it helps you out, enjoy! The 1.80E is the uefi they created custom for me as per request to unlock the MSR in 2017 and the 1.89M is for nvme booting.

Attachments

• P602_4D1.80E & P602_4D1.89M.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 115
Greetings Everyone!

Just switched processors a couple days ago because I needed more single core performance.
** My system was working without issues using Dual E5-2690 V2.
I have been banging my head against the wall on a boot issue.

The error is “32 threads but 33 registered from MADT” .

New Specs:
Asrock EP2C602-4L/D16
64GB ECC Ram
CPU Model: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2667 v2 @ 3.30GHz
CPU Codename: Ivy Bridge-E/EN/EP/EX
CPU Revision: 306E4h
Logical Processors: 32
Nvidia 1080TI

I found a guide for another motherboard, where they added SSDT-1 with cpudef, but theirs is not working.
I noticed a post here about E5-2667 V2, but never saw a working config.

Could someone take a look at it?
Screenshot and Clover folder attached.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 207
  • vlcsnap-2019-05-10-12h26m58s521.png
    vlcsnap-2019-05-10-12h26m58s521.png
    7.2 MB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Hi, luser01!

Have you followed Guides Step Nine - Fix CPU Power Management?
Are you using CPU in both sockets?
Where did you get Xeon E5-2667 v2 @ 3.30GHz (SR19W) and how much did you pay?

Last edited:
@Coool
Yes. on PM.
Yes on both sockets.
I got them on ebay about 8 months ago. $700 for the matched pair.
Had them sitting in a server where they were not being utilized.

yeah, it game me 16 threads but 17 registered MADT error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back