Contribute
Register

[DEPRECATED] ASRock Rack EP2C602 Install Guide for Sierra and High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
@teamawesome Great guide. I used to run hackintosh on my system using el capitan but ended up going to kvm and gpu passthrough. After seeing this guide I decided to give macos mojave a go. My system is as follows....

Asrock rack EP2C602-4L\D16
2x Xeon E5-2660v1
8x 4gb 1866 ram
Samsung EVO 970 NVME
Powercolor Red Dragon RX Vega 56

I used the patched bios you made for @JustinKay and used most of the clover folder you supplied for them. Minus the cpu pm and nvme patches. Had to renable the usb patches to boot installer. First initial boot to install works great next reboot vega gives black screen. I allowed enough time for installer to finish. Next boot i was able setup my account on mojave but after that cant get past the black screen. I'm completely new to lilu and whatevergreen and havent found much for any type of fixes for the vega. Also sorry if i left anything out have toddler and newborn chasing me... Lol

I will be ordering a displayport cable to try that as I've only been able to use hdmi to my viewsonic 4k monitor. Video card has 2 dp and 2 hdmi ports. Side note gpu works on windows and linux both metal and virtual. Only have issues with macos metal and virtual same thing.

Sorry for the rambling any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attach your EFI folder. I will look it over. You didn't explicitly mention it, so be sure to use the BIOS Guide to set your configuration in the BIOS.

Attach your EFI folder. I will look it over. You didn't explicitly mention it, so be sure to use the BIOS Guide to set your configuration in the BIOS.

Will work on uploading efi today. And yes i followed the bios guide I knew what settings needed to be changed but still followed the pdf exactly. Thanks for speedy reply. Also I contacted asrock before for a custom bios with msr unlock and have another with nvme boot they sent me. If you wpuld like either for those for reference I can upload those too the msr unlock is 1.80 and the nvme boot is 1.89.

Will work on uploading efi today. And yes i followed the bios guide I knew what settings needed to be changed but still followed the pdf exactly. Thanks for speedy reply. Also I contacted asrock before for a custom bios with msr unlock and have another with nvme boot they sent me. If you wpuld like either for those for reference I can upload those too the msr unlock is 1.80 and the nvme boot is 1.89.

I don't have your board, so it won't benefit me directly. Be aware that 1.89 was a beta that provided only on request. The current BIOS is 1.90 which is the version posted on here.

I don't have your board, so it won't benefit me directly. Be aware that 1.89 was a beta that provided only on request. The current BIOS is 1.90 which is the version posted on here.

Fair enough thought maybe the nvme rom could help. I was using the 1.89 that asrock provided for my fedora boot which is no longer found using the patched 1.90 I have to boot it thru the clover usb hahaha

That is a known issue with the EFI on these boards. See Step 10 in the Guide.

That is a known issue with the EFI on these boards. See Step 10 in the Guide.

I read step 10 I'm just laughing cuz it worked fine in 1.89 lol

@teamawesome I enabled the built in vga and was able to get display on the Vega after boot finished on the built in. I had to swap hdmi ports to get video tho. Also here is the EFI folder I'm using, thanks again for your time!!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 195
Well this looks promising no power management and this is the highest score I've ever got on this system on Mac linux or windows geek bench!! I don't game on this system so this is exactly what I'm looking for... Super excited

Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 2.34.35 PM.png

@teamawesome I enabled the built in vga and was able to get display on the Vega after boot finished on the built in. I had to swap hdmi ports to get video tho. Also here is the EFI folder I'm using, thanks again for your time!!

The EFI looks good. Sounds like the issues remaining are power management and graphics. Have you looked at this?

The EFI looks good. Sounds like the issues remaining are power management and graphics. Have you looked at this?
I havent actually seen that post thanks. I had power management setup before with correct turbo speeds for cpus. I only started this endeavor last night. I got sick of passthrough its still not great probably due to the uefi on this mobo. This is first time using vega on mac it used to work with my 7870 last time i was running macos. Anyways super great guide very clear and very helpful. Thanks again I'll look at that post more in detail tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back