Contribute
Register

[DEPRECATED] ASRock Rack EP2C602 Install Guide for Sierra and High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally understand. Often just need a second set of eyes. Glad it is working!
Hi my e5 2690v2 shows Maximum clock speed as 3.29 ghz in turbo. it supposed to be 3 ghz in normal and 3.6 ghz in turbo
Any advice?

Hi my e5 2690v2 shows Maximum clock speed as 3.29 ghz in turbo. it supposed to be 3 ghz in normal and 3.6 ghz in turbo
Any advice?

You are mistaken. The turbo frequency is based on the number of cores in use. 3.6ghz is only available if a single core is in use. The max frequency when four or more cores is used is 3.3ghz, which is what you are seeing.

See here http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Xeon/Intel-Xeon E5-2690 v2.html

You are mistaken. The turbo frequency is based on the number of cores in use. 3.6ghz is only available if a single core is in use. The max frequency when four or more cores is used is 3.3ghz, which is what you are seeing.

See here http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Xeon/Intel-Xeon E5-2690 v2.html
thanks for the info
btw is there any patch for usb3 pci card
my usb 3 is working but when ever I added the pci card mu hack never shutdown
it just restarts

thanks for the info
btw is there any patch for usb3 pci card
my usb 3 is working but when ever I added the pci card mu hack never shutdown
it just restarts

I would search or start a thread dedicated to that. This thread is for completing a successful build with the EP2C602 motherboard. Accessories and other add-on issues are best adddessed in other places.

First, overwrite files to use these. You have Apple RTC checked under Kernel and Kext Patches. It isn't necessary if you flashed to the provided BIOS with an unlocked MSR and the BIOS are configured according to the attached PDF. Also, you never adjusted the values for SmUUID, Custom UUID, and ROM value. They all still say REPLACE ME.

Do all those things and test. If that doesn't work, you may have an incorrect slide value. Confirm it is calculated correctly. Potentially test with "slide=10".

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 107
Last edited by a moderator:
@teamawesome Hello! I'm wondering why, after I succeeded reprogramming my NIC Device ID's, it sometimes drops and my ethernet ports disappear and I need to do the manipulation from linux all over again… Do you know where it might come from?

@teamawesome Hello! I'm wondering why, after I succeeded reprogramming my NIC Device ID's, it sometimes drops and my ethernet ports disappear and I need to do the manipulation from linux all over again… Do you know where it might come from?

That’s very weird. I’ve never had any issues at all, in any OS (macOS, Windows, or Ubuntu).

Download the original, untouched BIOS from ASRock. It is up to you if you update the CPU microcode or not with UEFI Bios Updater (UBU). Then unlock the MSR with UEFIPatch.

Hi, thanks for all your hard work!!! I have the Asrock EP2C602-4L/d16 (my asus z9pe just fried so I'm rebuilding)

I'm trying to figure out how to unlock MSR with UEFIPatch. I'm guessing this step is necessary even if I don't need NVME support? So I search "MSR" in UEFITOOL and then patch? Sorry I'm a lil lost :)

Hi, thanks for all your hard work!!! I have the Asrock EP2C602-4L/d16 (my asus z9pe just fried so I'm rebuilding)

I'm trying to figure out how to unlock MSR with UEFIPatch. I'm guessing this step is necessary even if I don't need NVME support? So I search "MSR" in UEFITOOL and then patch? Sorry I'm a lil lost :)

UEFIPatch is a separate binary program from UEFITool, although from the same developer. As of this post, here is the most recent release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back