Contribute
Register

[DEPRECATED] ASRock Rack EP2C602 Install Guide for Sierra and High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my most recent benchmark testing performed on 10.13.3 with 12/1/17 microcode. It may not resolve any vulnerabilities, but there doesn't appear to be any performance degradation.

I removed VoodooTSCSync and all works.
TSC Deadline Timer supported and enabled.
full

Can't remember in which macOS version it was fixed.

I have some more questions:
  • Do you really need USBInjectAll.kext USB to work on Mac OS X greater than El Capitan?
  • CPU - Type you have 0x0A01 value. It's just cosmetic stuff?
  • KernelAndKextPatches - FakeCPUID do you really need 0x0306E0?
  • This do what!?
    Code:
    <key>Memory</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Channels</key>
        <integer>0</integer>
    </dict>
  • Why do you need Lilu.kext?
  • Does Sleep and Power Nap works?
  • Do you use HWMonitor? Do you have CPU fan spins at full speed at random? Can you share HWMonitor screenshots?
  • Can you share Intel® Power Gadget screenshots?
Thanks

Last edited:
@Coool how is your Final Cut performance? It is a train wreck for me. ...

Can't comment on that. I haven't used Final Cut Pro X. I can test if you need. But I have slow one CPU. ;)

• This do what!?
    Code:
    <key>Memory</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Channels</key>
        <integer>0</integer>
    </dict>
That shouldn't be there. Clover Configurator screwed up my plist. I will correct it. You can remove that code.

Why do you need Lilu.kext?
Lilu.kext is required for Nvidiagraphicsfixup or Whatevergreen. MacPro6,1 SMBIOS will boot into a black screen on Nvidia cards without Nvidiagraphicsfixup. Depending on your GPU, you may not need Whatevergreen. Being a broad guide, I covered both AMD and nVidia cards.

Do you use HWMonitor? Do you have CPU fan spins at full speed at random? Can you share HWMonitor screenshots?
No fan issues. I have everything on a phantek fan controller so all case and CPU fans are sync'd.

Does Sleep and Power Nap works?
I have been running renderings and encodings so much I haven't checked. I haven't really had a moment yet where the system was idle to sleep.

Do you really need USBInjectAll.kext USB to work on Mac OS X greater than El Capitan?
Yes, unfortunately.

CPU - Type you have 0x0A01 value. It's just cosmetic stuff
KernelAndKextPatches - FakeCPUID do you really need 0x0306E0?
That is predominately cosmetic.

Can you share Intel® Power Gadget screenshots?
Power Gadget can't be installed on multi-processor systems. The installer warns and then aborts.

Can't comment on that. I haven't used Final Cut Pro X. I can test if you need. But I have slow one CPU. ;)
That is okay, thank you. I think I just need to sell my nVidia card and get an AMD card for FCP X.

• Can you share HWMonitor -> Preferences -> Menubar window stretched to full screen screenshot!
  • Why do you need apfs.efi under drivers64UEFI?
  • Can you check booting at verbose mode (-v) what LPC sensor found?
  • Are you using this phantek fan controller?

Last edited:
  • Can you share HWMonitor -> Preferences -> Menubar window stretched to full screen screenshot!

• Why do you need apfs.efi under drivers64UEFI?
Clover can't read an apfs file system without apfs.efi.

"AppleLPC::notifyPlaformASPM ASPM callback registered"

• Are you using this phantek fan controller?
Yes. It came included with my case.

Last edited:
Looks like you don't have installed ACPISensors.kext, CPUSensors.kext, GPUSensors.kext and LPCSensors.kext. Can you repost screenshot with those kexts installed?

"AppleLPC::notifyPlaformASPM ASPM callback registered"
I meant SuperIO chip found at macOS boot when you checked "TSC Deadline Timer supported and enabled." stuff. But you need install kexts mentioned before.

Are you using APFS filesystem on Samsung 850 EVO drive? Any issues with it so far!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back