Contribute
Register

[DEPRECATED] ASRock Rack EP2C602 Install Guide for Sierra and High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, thanks a lot man! I'll go through it again. Also, should I get rid of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi ?

And also I added the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext just in case, is it useful?

Looking forward to your BIOS guide! Thanks a lot for that

Alright, thanks a lot man! I'll go through it again. Also, should I get rid of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi?

AptioMemoryFix, OsxAptioFix2Drv, OsxAptioFix3Drv, and OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 should all be used exclusively. Only install one at a time.

These 5 drivers should not be used simultaneously! Choose one of them!

Ok thanks! And I was also wondering about the apfs.efi and HFSPlus.efi, what about them? (I'm still using hfs+ as I'm on a fusion drive)

Ok thanks! And I was also wondering about the apfs.efi and HFSPlus.efi, what about them? (I'm still using hfs+ as I'm on a fusion drive)

It won't hurt anything to have apfs.efi, but obviously you don't need it right now. It is only used by clover to allow reading and booting of an APFS partition. HFSPlus.efi is necessary to read and boot your HFS+ partition. Make sure you don't have VboxHFS installed at the same time.

Make sure you don't have VboxHFS installed at the same time.

Ok, I don't have it.

I tested NVRAM and got the HelloWorld after reboot. Now I connected the second display, and it's the only one lagging (I guess it can have to do with the WebDriver and the second card, or a BIOS setting…)

Ok, I don't have it.

I tested NVRAM and got the HelloWorld after reboot. Now I connected the second display, and it's the only one lagging (I guess it can have to do with the WebDriver and the second card, or a BIOS setting…)

I will try and get you that guide tonight.

Oh I see a difference between my 2 GPUs: the lagging one is identified as being on a x8 PCIe, whereas the other is on a x16. I checked the BIOS and both are on x16 width…

Oh I see a difference between my 2 GPUs: the lagging one is identified as being on a x8 PCIe, whereas the other is on a x16. I checked the BIOS and both are on x16 width…

Every slot on the EP2C602 board that is x16 physical is x16 electrical. It has 5x x16 slots. However, x8 shouldn't cause the GPU to lag. In most SLI setups on consumer boards each GPU is operating at x8. That is a little strange.

Ok so I did the NIC ID part again, and I have ethernet again, but WiFi won't turn on now… I attached my system informations (could it be because wifi is en0 and ethernet en3&4?). Still having graphics issues on one of the GPUs. I also get some weird little glitch (the pink one) on my other GPU.

I'll check my BIOS settings with yours when you have time to add them!

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2018-04-05 à 18.23.26.png
    Capture d’écran 2018-04-05 à 18.23.26.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 144
  • Capture d’écran 2018-04-05 à 18.29.18.png
    Capture d’écran 2018-04-05 à 18.29.18.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Capture d’écran 2018-04-05 à 18.29.50.png
    Capture d’écran 2018-04-05 à 18.29.50.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0534.jpg
    IMG_0534.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 135
The EP2C602 has two Intel 82574L NIC's, so I presume your wireless adapter is a USB or PCIe add-on. If you had the WiFi installed when flashing in Ubuntu, it is possible that you accidentally reprogrammed it instead of the Intel NIC's. You can use IORegistryExplorer to confirm. If the Wifi was inadvertently flashed, you will need to obtain the correct factory information and flash it back to stock.

It hadn't even occurred to me that people might have additional NIC's in their system when flashing. I just added new warning language to the guide to hopefully avoid this in the future. Sorry for the issues. I will try and get that BIOS guide done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back