Contribute
Register

Asrock P55 Pro USB3 EasyBeast Start to Finish 10.7.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Ozzzzysh, you're the man, that got me to the language screen...finally!! :clap:

Sweet! :) Good luck! haha

Obviously if there are any more hiccups I'll still be here.

The reason for the late reply today is because I forgot to subscribe to the thread haha. Now I'll get a message on my phone whenever something happens so I should be somewhat speedy to reply now.

I really appreciate that and all your help Ozzzzysh, I'm going to continue following the steps in your guide. Hopefully I can get an install today :) I'll let you know how I do.
Thanks again!!

Hi Ozzzzysh,

OK, I was able to get as far as updating Snow Leopard to 10.6.6 but it will not reboot. I keep getting the following error string:

ApplePS2Trackpad: ALPS Glidepoint v0.0
error: resetController failed
error: unable to put controller in reset
warning: resetController failed
Still waiting for root device (this repeats endlessly)

I am booting with iBoot and using "-v PCIRootUID=1 npci0x2000.
What do you suggest I try?

I forgot that you may have to update Snow Leopard. 10.6.6 is required for xMove isn't it? Well I know what happened. You need to multibeast much like what you end up doing with Lion. You're probably going to have to reinstall Snow Leopard I'm afraid. I'm sorry but I haven't had to install Snow in a long long time.

I kinda wish you had messaged me before you updated haha well anyway.

Reinstall Snow. Download the combo update from here and save a copy on a flash drive. In case we have to reinstall again.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1349

Install it but DO NOT REBOOT, much like what you see at the end of the tutorial. Just leave the "You need to reboot"(paraphrasing...) window up and do the following.

Now you need multibeast for Snow.

Here's the handy dandy link for that.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewforum.php?f=125

In Multibeast you need to do the Easybeast install, Chameleon, and Repair Permissions.

Then you should be able to reboot correctly.

Chameleon is one of the boot loaders so you won't have to boot from a disc.

The reason the update nuked your install is because if Apple's updates replace the files that the OSX86 community has replaced to make the computer run on non-Apple hardware then you need to put them back. iBoot is only really meant to boot that retail disc and a completely vanilla install. You need to run Easybeast to make it non-Apple hardware friendly. I'm fairly certain this is our problem.

Can't boot into 10.7.4 after MultiBeast

Hi Ozzzzysh,

Let me tell you where I am at since our last posts. I've had to install and re-install Lion numerous times with no success booting up after running MultiBeast. I even tried starting from scratch going back to Snow Leopard but no luck. Right now I have two partitions on my HDD with Lion 10.7.4. I use one partition named "Mac OSX Lion" to try and install MultiBeast trying different settings and the second partition named "Mac OSX Lion 2" is a clone with no MultiBeast installed which I use to re-clone Lion onto "Mac OSX Lion" in the event my MultiBeast install does not work. I can boot into Lion just fine with my UniBeast USB drive installed, but after I run MultiBeast I cannot boot into Lion 10.7.4. I tried disabling USB 3.0 in BIOS and that did not help. I also tried disabling USB 2.0 Legacy in BIOS, no luck there. I keep getting an error regarding AppleUSBEHCI and USBF. There are no other USB devices plugged in besides the mouse, keyboard, and UniBeast. Of course I do remove the UniBeast USB before trying to boot up after a MultiBeast install...again no luck. Any ideas here??

Also, I need to be able to use my SIIG DP FireWire 2-Port PCIe (model NN-E20012-S2) which I need for my Digidesign 002 Firewire audio interface to work with my music production programs Avid Pro Tools 8.0 and Propellerhead Reason 6.5. Not sure if I'm going to run into any problems there yet.

Hi m8,

I noticed you're using a SIIG DP FireWire 2-Port PCIe (model NN-E20012-S2) and would like to know if you manged to get it working, i am running snow leopard 10.6.7 and at the moment it's not working and recognised as unknown in about.

on SIIG's site they say the Mac drivers are built into OSX, i wonder if this can be taken out somehow to fix, or another reason why it's currently not being recognised!..

Or if anyone else can shed any light on this would be cool.

Thanks

Hi there, I got the same MOBO as you guys. I managed to install Lion following this guide. I started with 10.7.3 Unibeast made flash drive. Then I followed the steps for rest of hardware. I got working everything except AUDIO. My current hardware is :

I3-550@4210Mhz
ASROCK P55 Pro USB3
2x2GB Kingston Hyper X Grey series (not that it matters :) )
250GB Hitachi SATA2 (Mac OS X)
640GB Hitachi SATA2 (Windows 7 ATM)
GT520 1GB (Supported)
Haf922 + Silent Pro 500W Modular (irrelevant)

Any ideas why sound didn't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back