USBInjectAll
Bootloaders
Clover UEFI Boot Mode
Customize
System Definitions
Mac Pro
Mac Pro 6,1 // important! Fix Quick Look issues in Mojave
Build

@webstar This may be the only thread that can help me! You seem to be pretty familiar with this motherboard.

I'm still running Yosemite on this board and I'm just running into too much that is no longer supported. I definitely need to upgrade. However, my graphics card is NVIDIA GT 740 and thus not supported by Mojave. This leaves me with High Sierra.

Do you have a MultiBeast config and any other tips or suggestions before I start the process?

I don't know about Mojave because it's old at this point.
Although it is recommended to use the MultiBeast Mojave version or the Clover Boot loader.

Now I am using only Opencore-based EFI. Verified ONLY by Catalina and Big Sir.

I made it by OC-Gen-X and then updated the OpenCore.

Attached EFI is for a built-in graphics only.

Just put smbios information by using GenSMBIOS-master;
Generate SMBIOS by select 3 and press Enter
Enter SystemProductName as iMac15,1
After creating MLB, SystemSerialNumber, SystemUUID

Edit config.plist by PlistEdit PRO or OpenCore Configurator.
You can put it in PlatformInfo-Generic item.

-------------
BIOS setting; only need -Boot-CSM-Disable

When the SSD is replaced or newly inserted, the CSM value is often changed to Enable.
If the operation is abnormal, you should check the BIOS value frequently.

* If you execute reset NVRAM at boot time, the BIOS boot sequence may be messed up, so be
sure to familiarize yourself with the BIOS update method before starting.

---------------------------
About GT 740

I haven't tested it because I don't use external graphics, I believe the following articles will be helpful.

Nvidia GPUs

See Kepler Series(GK 106 Variants)
Needed kexts:

Nvidia’s Web drivers
Lilu.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

AAPL,ig-platform-id
04001204 Used when the Desktop Haswell iGPU is only used for computing tasks and doesn't drive a display

Add igfxmetal=1 boot argument (and enable-metal property) to enable Metal on offline IGPU

There seems to be a saying that iGPU should be enabled in BIOS.
---------------------------------
Opencore guide

------------------------------

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Opencore, eh? I may have to give this a shot. So am I correct that I should still be able to use the Nvidia GT 740 even in Catalina/Big Sur on this motherboard?

I should be pretty good to go for most of the process. I'm patient, live in the command line, am not afraid to research before asking, etc. But if I get stuck, mind if I drop a question here?

I'm starting with a totally new SSD, so I can always boot back into Yosemite if I really need to use the machine.

As for the external graphics, I may not be able to help and there is a geopolitical time difference. Have to go to bed.

Anybody upgrade to 11.0 Big sur with Opencore bootloader ? My build is not able to go to sleep when the macOS upgraded to 11.0 .. Anybody have suggestion on H97M-ITX when upgrade to 11.0 ?

First thing would be to find out, what prevents your system going to sleep. I recently updated to Catalina and I have quite some stuff, within my activity-monitor, that is able to prevent my system to go to sleep. So fire up activity-monitor and display the "prevents sleep" column and have a look there first. If you find a bad boy - end the task and try again to go to sleep.
After that you have to inspect the console, which is a bit overwhelming in it's recent state.
I also tried out BS with an iMac 15,1-systemdefinition, but had problems with my dual-monitor setup. And for now: I'm having so many crashes in Catalina, that I won't bother with the BS anytime soon. As a matter of fact, I think catalina will be the last OS that this MB will run smoothly on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back