Contribute
Register

Asrock H97M-ITX/ac MacOS Sierra installation and DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can no longer get the computer to boot, even from the USB stick. So, I'm not sure what is going on with my system. I only have two drives in the computer - a 1 TB hard drive (that I booted from) and a 2 TB Time Machine hard drive. When I try booting from the USB drive that had the 10.13.1 installer (which worked perfectly well before doing the 10.13.2 Combined Update) it gets to the distorted screen with multiple Apple logos across the screen, then the spinning beach ball. I am making a new installer USB stick with 10.13.2 now to see if I can get it to boot and install on the computer.

Simply put it into other folder won't boot in High Sierra.
Replace the entire EFI folder as shown in Step 6 with the new Unibeast USB, not merging. Try clean installation like the above.
After trying, I have found that
up to macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 is O.K. , but the update to 10.13.2 doesn't work properly and not even boot.

What symptoms do you have with 10.13.2? I was able to get that installed on my machine with a H97M, but at some point during the install process the bootable disk names got corrupted so the boot selector (F11) BIOS menu is broken so I can't figure out how to boot from the macOS disk. The boot order BIOS options don't show the drive either.

I can boot into macOS from the installer disk's Clover, but even after running Multibeast I can't get WiFi to work. I did replace the EFI partition contents on the macOS drive with the installer disk's EFI partition, but if I can't get the drive to show up as bootable I don't think that really matters.

Since High Sierra the installation mechanism of the updates are a bit different. You install the update and during reboot you need to choose the install update partition. For this partition to boot you need FakeSMC.kext in EFI folder of your SSD otherwise it wont boot. I havn't done 10.13.2, but it should be similar.
You are right. I couldn't find the install update partition by inserting an "install" keyword to hide the install icon used by USB installtion in config.plist,
Now, Installation was successful. Thank you.

Last edited:
What symptoms do you have with 10.13.2? I was able to get that installed on my machine with a H97M, but at some point during the install process the bootable disk names got corrupted so the boot selector (F11) BIOS menu is broken so I can't figure out how to boot from the macOS disk. The boot order BIOS options don't show the drive either.

I can boot into macOS from the installer disk's Clover, but even after running Multibeast I can't get WiFi to work. I did replace the EFI partition contents on the macOS drive with the installer disk's EFI partition, but if I can't get the drive to show up as bootable I don't think that really matters.
I have found that replacing EFI folders is incorrect, it causes the boot name duplicates the problem.
Make or remove the boot name using the following reference. Make the BIOS boot name the same with the SSD volume name to resolve the problem. If the name is different, it may not be able to boot.

Please refer to the previous post.

- Reboot and select proper boot device or insert

- Remove extra Clover BIOS boot entries & prevent further problems

Last edited:
I can no longer get the computer to boot, even from the USB stick. So, I'm not sure what is going on with my system. I only have two drives in the computer - a 1 TB hard drive (that I booted from) and a 2 TB Time Machine hard drive. When I try booting from the USB drive that had the 10.13.1 installer (which worked perfectly well before doing the 10.13.2 Combined Update) it gets to the distorted screen with multiple Apple logos across the screen, then the spinning beach ball. I am making a new installer USB stick with 10.13.2 now to see if I can get it to boot and install on the computer.
To update macOS High Sierra, just install recent Multibeast,
and install the update and during reboot you need to choose the install update icon. refer to recent my reply about others.

OK, my box is now up and running again, now with 10.13.2 High Sierra. I reinstalled the BIOS and reset my CMOS. Disconnected everything except my 1TB hard drive and USB stick with the Unibeast installer. So far, it's running fine with my 2TB internal Time Machine hard drive and my Blu-ray drive. I also used the Multibeast 10.2 that was released yesterday. I assume this version addresses some of the issues with High Sierra installation and updates? Not sure I want to try to get to 10.13.3 when it comes out, with all the trouble I've had with this update.

The only issue I seem to have is I have two Recovery partitions in Clover. Strange. I'll probably remove my 2 TB Time Machine drive and just use it as an external with a USB-SATA adapter.

As far as i See the new multibeast only includes some Minor changes and Not for out Board. You can savely Update to 10.13.3 if you have FakeSmc in EFi folder of your 1tb hdd. If you are hiding some Volumens you Need to unhide them Or if you are using clover Fastboot Option without Timeout you Need to change that.
Your Time Maschine hdd may have a recovery Partition auswelle. You Could Try to fastboot clover and set the default boot Volume to your Sierra Installation. Tuen noch clover Bootsstegen appears and no Need to Hide some unwanted Partitions.

The Multibeast 10.2 update has this line in its internal changes:

- Updated FakeSMC installation to install to /Library/Extensions and /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

I just mounted my EFI partition and FakeSMC is in this Other folder. In the previous version of Multibeast I did not see FakeSMC in this location. So, it seems to me that this is an added feature of Multibeast 10.2? At any rate, because FakeSMC is in this folder on my EFI partition of my 1 TB boot drive, updating to High Sierra 10.13.3 when it is released should work without the difficulties I had updating to 10.13.2?

Thanks very much for your help!

I just mounted my EFI partition and FakeSMC is in this Other folder. In the previous version of Multibeast I did not see FakeSMC in this location. So, it seems to me that this is an added feature of Multibeast 10.2? At any rate, because FakeSMC is in this folder on my EFI partition of my 1 TB boot drive, updating to High Sierra 10.13.3 when it is released should work without the difficulties I had updating to 10.13.2?
As long as FakeSMC is also installed to /Library/Extensions the version in /Other is not used while your config.plist has the Inject Kexts setting as "Detect". If FakeSMC is not installed e.g. you are booting the Recovery volume or some other DMG based boot, the kexts in the Other folder will be injected and things will work in the expected way.

In other words, Clover "detects" if FakeSMC is present and if it isn't injects it from /efi/clover/kexts/other

If your problems updating relate to the above you can test by booting into recovery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back