Motherboard
ASROCK H97M-ITX/ac
CPU
i5-4440
Graphics
HD 4600
Asrock H97M-itx/ac MacOS Sierra installation issues and DSDT.aml

1. Create a Bootable MacOS Sierra USB

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-create-a-macos-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.195077/

2. Pre-download MultiBeast - Sierra 9.0.0 from http://www.multibeast.com/

Unzip and drag MultiBeast - Sierra 9.0.0 Folder to your completed USB drive.

3. Clean install MacOS Sierra with USB on HDD

4. Post Installation with MultiBeast - Sierra 9.0.0 (including Clover Bootloader) on HDD

MultiBeast is an all-in-one post-installation utility designed to enable boot from a hard drive

- MultiBeast install basic options.

.Quick Start
UEFI Boot Mode
.Drivers
Audio - Realtek ALC892 (Optional HD4600 HDMI Audio)
Network - Atheros AtheerosE2200Ethernet v2.2.0
(If you need WiFi, use the other external Wireless USB Adaper)
.Bootloaders - Clover v2.3k UEFI Boot Mode

Restart after Install.

5. Ethernet not working issue after restart.

mount EFI Partition with EFI Mounter v3 https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/efi-mounter-v3.280/

Copy /Library/Extensions/AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext to
EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12 Folder. (create the folder if it doesn't exist already)

6. Fan doesn't stop after shutdown.The fan keeps running issue.

download attached DSDT.aml file.
copy DSDT.aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched Folder

It may be working at El Capitan.

Good luck!

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    73.7 KB · Views: 618
Last edited:
I was amazed at how easy UniBeast and MultiBeast made this install. I remember the struggles I had when the idea of a hackintosh was just being born. I have the same mobo but used a really minimal multi beast config here. One difference is I used different Ethernet drivers - MultiBeast 9.01 has a selection of three. The hardest thing to do when I rebooted was choosing the right icon in Clover ;)

I spoke to soon. I can't turn this thing off. Shutdown blanks the screen but the power LED remains lit. I guess that's the same as issue 6 above.

It's my MultiBeast setting. CPU i5-4 4440
EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12 has only network kext, EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder is empty.

-------------

MultiBeast Clover setting image is modified.

Attachments

• Clover settings.png
    Clover settings.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 789
Last edited:
It's my MultiBeast setting. CPU i5-4 4440
EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12 has only network kext, EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder is empty.

I do not understand that comment. I don't have a EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12 folder, just Other - and it too is empty. So I really don't know what you meant.

And I did not see the attached DSDT.aml file. I am using an ASROCK H97m-itx so I imagine I could use the same DSDT?

Finally, my usb3 ports are behaving oddly. They recognize keyboard and mouse but not usb sticks.?? I'll try and change the USB3 setting from smart auto to auto.

I do not understand that comment. I don't have a EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12 folder, just Other - and it too is empty. So I really don't know what you meant.

And I did not see the attached DSDT.aml file. I am using an ASROCK H97m-itx so I imagine I could use the same DSDT?

Finally, my usb3 ports are behaving oddly. They recognize keyboard and mouse but not usb sticks.?? I'll try and change the USB3 setting from smart auto to auto.

1. Copy /Library/Extensions/AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext to
EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12 Folder. (create the folder if it doesn't exist already)

2. I have re-uploaded it.

3. Please refer to the attached MultiBeast setting. Use the default settings for BIOS.

Last edited:
Thank you. I'll try the DSDT file to see if it fixes my ISB issues. However, I am not having any trouble with my Ethernet presently..

weird. I also checked the three options for usb in multibeast as shown in the photo you posted. Using multibeast 9.0.1
My system report for usb is attached in the image below. As you can see, it shows my Logitech wireless keyboard receiver which is plugged into the usb 3 port. I also have a DAC attached to one of the usb2 ports on the back of the mobo. but usb sticks only show up if I plug them into one of the usb 2 ports. none of the usb 3 ports recognize the usb stick . attached is the ioreg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 10.23.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 10.23.43 PM.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 564
  • ASRock h97m-itx Sierra.ioreg
    3.7 MB · Views: 413
weird. I also checked the three options for usb in multibeast as shown in the photo you posted. Using multibeast 9.0.1
My system report for usb is attached in the image below. As you can see, it shows my Logitech wireless keyboard receiver which is plugged into the usb 3 port. I also have a DAC attached to one of the usb2 ports on the back of the mobo. but usb sticks only show up if I plug them into one of the usb 2 ports. none of the usb 3 ports recognize the usb stick . attached is the ioreg

Check wether the below items exist in config.plist. If they do not exist, insert it.

Comment: change 15 port limit to 26 in AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Name: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Find: <83bd8cfe ffff10>
Replace: <83bd8cfe ffff1b>

This link woule be helpful.
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All

also, How to Fix USB 3.0 on macOS Sierra _ video
I deleted the video link, because I think it is not useful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back