Contribute
Register

AsRock H97 Pro4 - USB 3.0 not working

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi all,

after a few days spent trying to make OS X El Capitan work, i did it and i can say it's working quite good.

It runs smooth and with almost no problems.

The main 2 problems i encountered are:
  1. Sleep function problems: screens turn down (black - no signal) as they are supposed to, then the HHD stops spinning but the computer keeps the power on, led are on and case fans are spinning.
  2. USB 3.0 devices not working on USB 3.0 port.
Now, with the first one i can still live with (if you have any suggestions about this one too i'll be grateful), but the second one gives me problems because i use VMs on external SSD into adapter case on USB 3.0 port so i have great performance even on USB with VMs.

I'll give you some extra details to explain my situation and my doubts.

All my USB port are working with USB 2.0 devices, even if i connect those devices into 3.0 ports, as long as their connections are 2.0.

If i try to connect a USB 3.0 device (SSD adapter or USB drive) into USB 2.0 port, they are working just fine, but if i connect them to USB 3.0 ports they won't be recognized.

If it could be of any help, if i connect those devices into a USB 3.0 HUB (one that comes with a flat screens stand) they will work, but i have half the speed i would get if i connect directly into my motherboard.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Regards.

Last edited: