Contribute
Register

ASRock H77M-ITX Owners Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, okay, here's another issue, maybe you can help me out as a 660Ti owner - I get scrambled video in Youtube videos and shortly after the video starts playing OS X freezes... any idea what that might be? :(

Sorry, I never got an email saying there was a new reply to my thread. I installed a "version" of OSX and had to change my system def to get it to boot with out safe mode, otherwise I was stuck in the same place as you. I am running the official NVIDIA drivers off their site, with GraphicsEnabler=No. I have edited plenty of DSDT files, but it is really difficult when I can't test them in person.

Now I'm the one who hasn't been looking anymore. The problem with youtube videos was an easy fix, changed the system def. to iMac (12.1 I believe).
Steam games won't run though, and possibly DVD player - the first isn't a biggie, I mainly play on the PC side, the latter neither since I can't remember the last time I watched a DVD. Still wondering if there's a fix for it though, but as long as my daily stuff works fine I don't complain. Other than that the USB3 ports don't work properly, but I have enough USB2 ports to handle that and no urgent need for the faster ones. All in all the system behaves quite well since I changed the system definition - I had no idea choosing the right one was so crucial and what bugs I could get with the wrong one... being a newbie I thought this was mostly a cosmetic choice when I first started.

Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you are running the Intel HD 4000 without issues. I've got my monitor plugged in through DVI, and my BIOS is set to 64MB because Chameleon 2.2 (2262) gives an error if it is set any higher. Everything seems to be stable, but System Info seems to think the HD 4000 has 512MB of VRAM instead of the 64MB... was wonder if that will causes any issues later.

System:
i5 3570K
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
H77M-ITX (Modded 1.10 BIOS)
120GB ADATA G3 SSD (TRIM enabled)
Mac OS X 10.8.4 (Server)
Chameleon 2.2 (2262)
smbios @ MacPro3,1

Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you are running the Intel HD 4000 without issues. I've got my monitor plugged in through DVI, and my BIOS is set to 64MB because Chameleon 2.2 (2262) gives an error if it is set any higher. Everything seems to be stable, but System Info seems to think the HD 4000 has 512MB of VRAM instead of the 64MB... was wonder if that will causes any issues later.

System:
i5 3570K
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
H77M-ITX (Modded 1.10 BIOS)
120GB ADATA G3 SSD (TRIM enabled)
Mac OS X 10.8.4 (Server)
Chameleon 2.2 (2262)
smbios @ MacPro3,1

Hi, I've got a very similar system running 10.8.5. I'm using HDMI since my monitor doesn't have DVI. HD4000 works fine. I'm not looking at the hackintosh right now, but my vram shows 768 (close but not positive that's the number). I'm using 128MB in the bios. Also, I chose an iMac 12.2 vs. MacPro 3.1. I'm using DSDT without the modded bios.

Hi Guys,

anyone been able to install Mavericks? I've tried it but somehow I can't boot after installing it and going through Multibeast.

Hey guys :)

I was trying to install Mavericks on my computer:

CPU: i5-3570
MoBo: AsRock H77M
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB (4x2 GB)
HDD: WD Blue 500 GB, 7200 rpm
GPU: Sapphire 7870 XT

I followed the instruction given by @cseistrup and I also didn't check the "TRIM' box (I don' have a SSD).
Of course I attached the linked file, but Mavericks isn't working.

The installation of the drivers went good, but when I restarted my computer it appeared a strange kind of simbols (Chimera's fault?). After that I plugged in my USB but... Kernel Panic as soon as I try to start OS!

What should I do?

I didn't upgrade my BIOS because I am afraid of it (and I don't even know how to do it). Is it necessary?

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• DSC06323.jpg
    DSC06323.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 278
It is now going. No kernel panic anymore, BUT... :D

I plugged out my USB device, I put my HDD as first boot device and then...

"Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

Help me :(

I think I just missed the bootloader but I don't know how to fix that.
I also have another HDD, but it is empty.

It's been a couple of months since Gance's post but...

The install guide here http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html does not say anything about selecting a bootloader.
But in STEP 5: ... 11. Click Build then Install

it shows that Chimera v2.2.1 is being installed. To select that, click Bootloaders and select v2.2.1, then click Build and Install again. That will install the bootloader on the HD.

I had to try this as a separate step, since it is not in the guide, and it worked for me. Until then, I had to use the bootloader on the USB drive.

HTH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back