Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am starting this thread so that everyone who has this board can use this as a starting point for support. I will list out all my hardware, and what is working/not working so far. Maybe we can all work together to get a fully functional computer.

Mobo: H77M-ITX
CPU: 3770k i7
RAM: 16GB Patriot Viper 1600MHz
SSD: 128GB OCZ Vertex 4
GPU: GTX 660ti
Apple Bluetooth Module
Apple IR Receiver

First, I installed the BIOS Samisnake patched for us. Thanks Samisnake! http://bios.zmac.net/asrock/Asrock-H77M-ITX-110_modified.zip
Following the Unibeast Method the install goes perfectly. Using Multibeast 2.0, and No DSDT, I use the attached MultiBeast Options.

What works:
Hardware:
Audio (with wake up pop solved by using antipop)
Ethernet
Full graphics acceleration and dual displays at full resolution (1920x1080)
Speedstepping
SATA III
USB 3 ports work with USB 3 storage and some peripherals like mice.
USB 2 ports
IR Receiver
Bluetooth
Forced Sleep
Wake (takes 80 seconds to wake w/o DSDT)
App Store
iCloud Apps (Reminders, Notes, Etc)
Airplay Audio
Bonjour

Not Working:
Auto Sleep
Wake takes 80 seconds to wake w/o DSDT
USB 2 storage devices in USB 3 ports

Airplay Mirroring (works with Air Parrot)
Dictation

I will add more as I think of them. Lets see if we can all work together to get everything working as natively as possible!!!

Attachments

• H77M-ITX.jpg
    H77M-ITX.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 1,837
  • dsdt.aml.zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 453
hey man! i'm finally writing you on my new hackintosh!

what i did was install with the hd4000 followed your advice. then i did the same multibeast you did without the graphics enabler. but as soon as i restarted and booted with the hd4000, my screen went nuts. all i could see are blinking black lines.
i took a gamble and plugged in my 6870. and here we are

my current setup.

obviously: asrock h77m-itx
i7 3770k
ballistix 8gb 1600
asus 6870 directcu
500gb westerdigital green
bherringer sound card

ok. everything seems to be in perfect running condition.
thank you so much for the time and effort helping me get it to work.

Hi,

Can you test attaching a second hd? If I only used one ssd as system disk, everything work fine. When I attached another hd (seagate 2T), the system got freeze or auto-reboot .

The problem also discussed in the thread.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61287-problem-sata-locking-up.html
I have 3 hard drives hooked up. How do you have them configured in BIOS? Have you tried installing the 3rd Party Sata option in Multibeast? I use a different Trim Enabler App.

i'm starting this build for ML: (first customac!)​

h77m-itx + i5 3570k with HD4000 + Samsung 830 SSD + 8gb vengeance lp

what sata port do i have to use for my ssd? sata3 or 6 ?

goin' to install samisnake modfied bios 1.10 then unibeast installer and the multibeast...

what settins do i have to enable on mb ?

i think that in the near future has to install windows7 in a new/second ssd too...

regards from Italy!

i'm starting this build for ML: (first customac!)​

h77m-itx + i5 3570k with HD4000 + Samsung 830 SSD + 8gb vengeance lp

what sata port do i have to use for my ssd? sata3 or 6 ?

goin' to install samisnake modfied bios 1.10 then unibeast installer and the multibeast...

what settins do i have to enable on mb ?

i think that in the near future has to install windows7 in a new/second ssd too...

regards from Italy!
I would connect the SSD to the SATA 6 Port. The board came with SATA III (6Gbps) cables.
In BIOS:

Under Advanced:
North Bridge Configuration
If you are using only the HD4000, I think you change the shared memory to 64MB
Storage Configuration
SATA Mode should already be AHCI
Choose your SSD, and change the Drive type to Solid State

And really I would just choose the proper boot order. I had trouble installing windows in anything but uefi mode. When installing either OS, I would unplug all other drives. If I install OSX with the windows drive installed, it overwrites the Windows boot loader. I use f11 to choose my boot device instead of Chimera, I have the system set to skip the Chimera boot loader.

thanks in advnce!

for now, i'm going to install only ML 10.8.1 (maybe for win7 a virtualbox machine is OK!)

Unibeast Installer ready ;-)

for Graphics, yes! only HD4000.

for Multibeast, what about the settings? trim?

i will use your boot tips within the Cborg's build post.

another question! for NTFS reading/writing? or maybe exFAT is the right choice for a third drive ponly storage that i can use on mac and windows.

i have a Synology Cubestation as NAS , Raid-5 configuration with NTFS. Normally connecting devices trough SMB allow reading/writing access on NTFS.

thanks in advnce!

for now, i'm going to install only ML 10.8.1 (maybe for win7 a virtualbox machine is OK!)

Unibeast Installer ready ;-)

for Graphics, yes! only HD4000.

for Multibeast, what about the settings? trim?

i will use your boot tips within the Cborg's build post.

another question! for NTFS reading/writing? or maybe exFAT is the right choice for a third drive ponly storage that i can use on mac and windows.

i have a Synology Cubestation as NAS , Raid-5 configuration with NTFS. Normally connecting devices trough SMB allow reading/writing access on NTFS.

I use Paragon NTFS for reading and writing to NTFS drives. As for using only the HD4000, I know you may have to use some different settings in multi beast. I would maybe find a better uide for getting the full optimization on the HD4000. Good Luck!

I have 3 hard drives hooked up. How do you have them configured in BIOS? Have you tried installing the 3rd Party Sata option in Multibeast? I use a different Trim Enabler App.

I finally find the problem. It's my ram. I tested them with memtest+ . I replaced with my old 2G ram and it's quite stable now.

Thanks.

I am quite doubt to use the 3rd party sata option in Multibeast.

In the description,

3rd Party SATA
Provides support for the ASMedia ASM1061, JMicron 36x (aka GSATA) and Marvell 88SE912 SATA controllers. All drives connected to these ports show on the desktop as Internal and can NOT be hot swapped. Installs AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions.

But I didn't have any of these chips.

I did use this option once, it changed "Removable Media: YES" to "Removable Media: NO" in Unknown AHCI Standard Controller. I am not sure if this really fix the problem and is really stable enough. So I choose not to select the option for now and wait for next Multibeast release.

I finally find the problem. It's my ram. I tested them with memtest+ . I replaced with my old 2G ram and it's quite stable now.

Thanks.

I am quite doubt to use the 3rd party sata option in Multibeast.

In the description,

3rd Party SATA
Provides support for the ASMedia ASM1061, JMicron 36x (aka GSATA) and Marvell 88SE912 SATA controllers. All drives connected to these ports show on the desktop as Internal and can NOT be hot swapped. Installs AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions.

But I didn't have any of these chips.

I did use this option once, it changed "Removable Media: YES" to "Removable Media: NO" in Unknown AHCI Standard Controller. I am not sure if this really fix the problem and is really stable enough. So I choose not to select the option for now and wait for next Multibeast release.

I use it so my drives apear as internal. System is as stable as can be. I don't ever get kernel panics. I have full speed performance on all hard drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back