Contribute
Register

ASRock H55M-GE Install Guide (Two Guides in One: Fresh Install and Upgrade From Lion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Pro WiFi
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I would like to thank everyone in the forums who leaves feedback, otherwise I would still be stuck on Lion. Even though it may not be as well written or as clear as it should be, I hope this guide will help someone.

My Specs:
-ASRock H55M-GE
-Intel Core i3 CPU 540
-NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 1024MB
-WD Black 1.5TB HDD
-12GB 1600 MHz DDR3
-Sound Blaster X-Fi Go! Pro USB Audio

Here is what to do (Fresh Install):
- Download Mountain Lion 10.8 from the App Store
- Follow the guide for UniBeast - Mountain Lion 1.5.2 to prepare the USB Install drive
-*Enter BIOS by pressing F2 at boot, enter “Advanced Settings”, and then enter “CPU Configuration” then “Enable” everything except “Enhanced Halt State (C1E)” which is to be left “Disabled”
- Escape back to “Advanced Settings” then enter “ACPI Configuration” and make sure “ACPI HPET Table” is “Enabled”
- Escape back to “Advanced Settings” then enter “Storage Configuration” and make sure “SATA Operation Mode” is set to “AHCI”
- Save Changes to BIOS and reboot
- Press F11 on reboot to select Mountain Lion USB as the boot device
- Before booting from USB press space bar then type: “PCIRootUID=0 –x” then press enter
- Enter Disk Utilities and Partition your hard drive to GUID Partition Table then Format your hard drive to Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
- Install Mountain Lion on your Hard Drive
- Restart computer then press F11 on reboot to select Mountain Lion USB as the boot device
- Arrow over to highlight your hard drive where Mountain Lion is installed, but before pressing enter to boot Mountain Lion you need to press space bar again then type: “PCIRootUID=0 –x” then press enter
- After Mountain Lion boots you will need to download and run MultiBeast – Lion 4.6.1
- Check: “EasyBeast Install” and “System Utilities”
- Then expand “Drivers & Bootloaders”, then expand “Network” then check Lnx2Mac’s RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet…”
- (This Step Is Optional) Then expand “Customization”, then expand “System Definitions”, then expand “iMac” and check “iMac 12,2”
- That’s all that needs to be checked (DO NOT CHECK ANYTHING UNDER “GRAPHICS”. THIS WILL CAUSE A KERNAL PANIC ON REBOOT!!!)
- Install Multibeast.
- After a while the Lnx2Mac’s RealtekRTL81xx Network setup box will appear. Check the first box then install.
- You will be prompted to reboot when the Lnx2Mac’s RealtekRTL81xx installer is finished

If you are booting from a drive smaller than 1TB, Mountain Lion should boot right up. If, however, you used a hard drive larger than 1TB (like I did) you will get the “boot0: error”. If this happen you need to press F11 at boot up so you can choose to boot form the Mountain Lion USB drive. Arrow over and highlight your hard drive where Mountain Lion is installed than press enter (no flags needed). Mountain Lion will now boot. To fix the “boot0: error” follow this guide: http://www.mymac4music.com/2011/10/boot0-error/#comment-18781

Here is what to do (Upgrade From Lion):
- Download Mountain Lion 10.8 from the App Store
- Follow the guide for UniBeast - Mountain Lion 1.5.2 to prepare the USB Install drive
- Enter BIOS by pressing F2 at boot, enter “Advanced” , enter “CPU Configuration” then “Enable” everything except “Enhanced Halt State (C1E)” which is to be left “Disabled”
- Save Changes to BIOS and reboot
- Press F11 on reboot to select Mountain Lion USB as the boot device
- Before booting from USB press space bar then type: “PCIRootUID=0 –x” then press enter
- Install Mountain Lion on the Lion Hard Drive
- That’s it, no MultiBeast needed. Reboot and enjoy.

Hello,

I have a ASRock H55M/USB3 and your description for installation works great! Thanks!

But I have some trouble with drivers:
- Sound: Intel Corporation 5 - 3400 Series Chipseat High Dev. Audio
- standby/ sleep does not work ... the system never stop cpu fan and does not return from "standby"
- USB 3.0 Fesco Logic FL1000G

Do you know a solution? Does your sound work? Maybe you can tell me which options you selected at MultiBeast.

Maybe a good information for someone else ... I installed a NVidia GF 9400 GT and it woked with
- NVidia GTX... => Worked perfect!

TIA and best regards

nauni

The BIOS settings and flags got me to the install screen. I had to add GraphicsEnabler=Yes for my GT-210 video card.

I finally got to the install screen. Hopefully the rest goes as smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back