Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good evening...

This is a thread about the progress for instaling Catalina on my AsRock H270-Pro4 mobo with i7-7700 and a Sapphire RX 5700 XT card...

Current state:

- UniBeast 10 installer USB can't find any partitions to boot from (Clover 5102/5103)....it hangs forever with "scan entries"
- Installing Clover 4960 onto USB sticks recognizes partitions...but during installation screen turns dark and CPU goes into sleep mode

Now trying to install Mojave...where I had to install Clover 4960 as well onto the USB stick (Mojave also uses Clover 5102 which doesn't recognize any partitions and hangs forever!)

Currently Mojave install is running and booted the second time....and progress bar is at 100% and just stays there...

Last edited:
No luck with Mojave installer either...

Back to Catalina installer with Clover 4961 and Lilu/WEG kexts...

Currently stuck at blank screen when booting verbose....

Last edited:
Well..again after few minutes CPU goes into sleep mode....

So there is no way AsRock H270-Pro4 can run either Mojave or Catalina....

Seems I have to switch back to High Sierra...

Give it another chance...

Monitor plugged into mobo HDMI port....interestingly Clover uses the full UHD resolution....
RX 5700 XT still plugged in...

Interesting....now I could finally erase the hard drive and start the installation...
and now booting the installer from the harddrive....

So does Catalina 10.15.2 doesn't support RX 5700 XT for installation?

Last edited:
No joy also with just Intel iGPU.....

Just hangs during boot....

So maybe due to Clover 5102/5103 needed which doesn't support this motherboard and lists no partitions at all????

Okay...my previous post was deleted as I mentioned something non-Intel related (o;

Restarted the installer with monitor on iGPU and RX 5700 XT still installed...
After rebooting into "macOS Catalina" in verbose mode it is just stuck at 100% progress bar forever...

So it seems I have to dump my motherboard? Or spend a lot of money with new hardware and maybe got lucky???

Okay...my previous post was deleted as I mentioned something non-Intel related (o;

Restarted the installer with monitor on iGPU and RX 5700 XT still installed...
After rebooting into "macOS Catalina" in verbose mode it is just stuck at 100% progress bar forever...

So it seems I have to dump my motherboard? Or spend a lot of money with new hardware and maybe got lucky???
why not upload your zipped clover folder so someone can take a look?

The clover folder is the original one from UniBeast 10 with Clover 4691 being installed afterwards
as 5102/5103 don't recognize any partitions..even when replacing with HfsPlus.efi...

Attached my EFI folder...

Well in the end I will buy a new motherboard and CPU anyway....just got me upfront the RX 5700 XT to see if my currently used software like Adobe CC, Affinity and DaVinci work as expected...

cheers
richard

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3 MB · Views: 107
Good evening...

This is a thread about the progress for instaling Catalina on my AsRock H270-Pro4 mobo with i7-7700 and a Sapphire RX 5700 XT card...

Current state:

- UniBeast 10 installer USB can't find any partitions to boot from (Clover 5102/5103)....it hangs forever with "scan entries"
- Installing Clover 4960 onto USB sticks recognizes partitions...but during installation screen turns dark and CPU goes into sleep mode

Now trying to install Mojave...where I had to install Clover 4960 as well onto the USB stick (Mojave also uses Clover 5102 which doesn't recognize any partitions and hangs forever!)

Currently Mojave install is running and booted the second time....and progress bar is at 100% and just stays there...

I don't think you need to buy new hardware, you probably can get it to work. The frustrating thing with hackintoshing is that you have keep doing trial and error until it works, and I went through something similar. I decided to do something I didn't really need to do and upgrade from a Vega 56 to a Nitro+ 5700XT. I went from a perfectly working hack to one that frustratingly wouldn't boot. In the end it turned out to be a combination of AptioMemoryFix version and the bios setting "Decode Above 4G". I went from won't boot to everything works when I switched from enabled above 4G to disable above 4G. I'm typing on it now. I did also change from Mac mini 8,1 sys def to iMac Pro 1,1 but that didn't get it booting. I also am using pikera boot flag and the newest version of WEG/Lilu. The other thing I tried was editing the config.plist and specifically setting 'false' under Intel and ATI graphics enable. You can enable them in Clover and then use a text editor like Bbedit to change the true to false so you know they are in the right place.

Don't loose hope, it can be done!

Are those settings you are talking about like AptioMemoryFix and the like being done on Clover config.plist?
Above 4G decoding is already disabled...

And can I somehow change the machine type as well in Clovers config.plist?
So far I can only use older Clover version...5102/03 just hangs forever...

Well I will get new hardware anyway and started first with the RX 5700 XT as it is being supported now by 10.15.2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back