Contribute
Register

ASRock Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 | i7-5820k | GTX 960 | Unibeast | 10.10.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you use Unibeast to install on USB, afterwards do you use CLOVER (Clover_v2.3k_r3543) to add stuff. Because I have seen some videos using Clover afterwards, however in your thread you don't mention it at all?

I see that you use Chameleon / Multicast in post, but not pre installation.

When you use Unibeast to install on USB, afterwards do you use CLOVER (Clover_v2.3k_r3543) to add stuff. Because I have seen some videos using Clover afterwards, however in your thread you don't mention it at all?

I see that you use Chameleon / Multicast in post, but not pre installation.

For this install, I did not use clover at any point. If I was doing an install now, I'd use clover, it's the latest recommendation for X99 builds. That said, I've tried to do upgrade to El Cap via Clover recently, and had no luck.

I was also thinking, the black screen could be related to the connections you've used for your display. I was connecting DVI on the video card to DVI on the monitor. If you've been using one connection type (say, HDMI or Displayport) it may be worth trying other connections.

Again, sorry this isn't working. It took me literally weeks to get my system up and running before I figured out what's documented in the guide. There's a lot of headaches and wasted hours involved in setting up X99 systems since they're not officially supported.

Ok thank you Steveastian.

Unibeast USB Plugged IN: Flags -v npci=0x2000 Graphics Enabler=Yes

Tried again this time without going into Verbose Mode: Flags npci0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Please see attached image (I have a video of the whole thing) but this is where it cuts off.
http://imgur.com/ISCtXKD

Remove GE=Yes and add nv_disable=1 and see if that works. It did not work with my GTX980 and I had to install with a 9800GT, but it might work with your card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back