Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

Specs are:
ASRock Extreme6 AC Z87 Bios 2.30
i7 4770K
680 GTX MSI
8 GB Ram

I have sucsessfully used the unibeast file to build a USB installation of Mavericks, when i try to boot from the USB though i get the Apple logo for a split second then a reboot.

I believe the problem is that i have not patched my BIOS (i may be wrong though!) Can anyone offer any assistance on the fault? I have tried to patch my BIOS which all looks to work but when i try to flash the bios I get an error relating to the bios file failing.

any assistance greatly appreciated. :)

Reset the BIOS to factory settings and set it as per below.

Advance > Advanced\North Bridge Configuration
Primary Graphics Adapter > GPU*
Share Memory > AUTO*

Render Standby > Disabled*

Advanced\South Bridge configuration
Deep Sleep > Enabled in S5*

Advanced Storage Configuration
SATA Mode > AHCI*
Hard disk SMART > Enabled*

Advanced ACPI config
Suspend to RAM > Disabled*
ACPI HPET Table > Enabled*
RTC Alarm power on > by OS*
reset of the option here is disabled.

I have not seen the BIOS screen of that motherboard, if the above settings doesn't work then take some photos and post.

Not sure you need to patch the BIOS or not but you should be able to install OSX without patching the BIOS.

Ive used a couple of Asrock Z87 boards here; both have worked well but the bios did need patching first for both of them.

You can either patch the bios yourself, or do what i did and send an email to Asrock support and ask them to patch it for you.

If you take this latter option, simply ask them for a bios with the C-State MSR unlocked, the same as they did for version 2.30A of the Z87E-ITX board.

They are very much aware of how to do this simple bios mod and have been happy to do it for me twice now.

Their turnaround for this has been 5-6 days both times.

Ive used a couple of Asrock Z87 boards here; both have worked well but the bios did need patching first for both of them.

You can either patch the bios yourself, or do what i did and send an email to Asrock support and ask them to patch it for you.

If you take this latter option, simply ask them for a bios with the C-State MSR unlocked, the same as they did for version 2.30A of the Z87E-ITX board.

They are very much aware of how to do this simple bios mod and have been happy to do it for me twice now.

Their turnaround for this has been 5-6 days both times.

Sorry, i have not worked on 87 series boards but does it really matter to patch the BIOS? I'm confused here coz locked C-State MSR can be bypassed with NullCPU or Patched AIPM kext rite? Unibeast already has NullCPUPM kext i think the reboot issue can be cleared with correct BIOS settings.

Sorry, i have not worked on 87 series boards but does it really matter to patch the BIOS? I'm confused here coz locked C-State MSR can be bypassed with NullCPU or Patched AIPM kext rite? Unibeast already has NullCPUPM kext i think the reboot issue can be cleared with correct BIOS settings.

You can always try it, I havent used that particular board. The thing with patching the bios is that you will end up with a cleaner install and patching the bios doesnt need to be done very often. Its your choice of course.

Thanks for confirming WD, i agree that BIOS patching is a one time thing and its better if its done before installation. Avoids all the unnecessary headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back