Graphics
GTX980
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello All, first hackintosh, just got all parts and everything hooked up, after many many restarts, kext updates, instructions, reinstalls, and learning sooo much, i have my hackintosh running everything looks good runs smooth, just have one problem, i still have to boot from USB stick.

Here are my specs: (basic just trying to get things loaded, adding more parts later.)

Followed these to a T: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3777028/2013 Hackintosh/v1.2.0.html

Just about everything worked - Also got some tips from Mr Neal Videos on Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEN-Pv5wrsY

Specs

ASRock Extreme4 z77
i7 3770K
Samung 840 Pro 256GB
Lite on Cd
Corsair Vengence 8GB 1600(single stick right now)
750W PSU
Corsair H60

(adding video card and 3 HDs later - just want to get this to load properly)

Ok so my problem is, i have all the kexts installed i needed, have internet, have audio (All No DSDT for me), sleep, awake, have a beautiful display and graphics so far, multibeast worked well (after much tinkering) i just cant get this thing to boot without a USB stick!

I tried to install Chimera 2.0.1 (latest) from multibeast - brought me to a select hard drive screen and boot: command line. No Dice

Tried to use multibeast customization > themes as well just to see - brought up a nice splash screen with my hard drive, but would not load OS (white apple screen with spinning circle) - No Dice

Got back into my new installed OS downloaded Chimera and put on desktop installed that way - still spinning circle white apple screen. No Dice

Restart computer with USB stick - choose hard drive then type in -v PCIRootUID=0 that works everytime!!!

So it seems the best way for me to get on my new install in by using the USB Stick arrow key over to hard drive, type in -v PCIRootUID=0 - goes through all the lines of code starts perfectly.

The only prblem, this is really annoying, time consuming and ugly to watch (all the while i always seem to have my fingers crossed hoping i dont get any panics!! :)

So im stuck tonymacx86 > Anyone out there maybe throw a bone my way and suggest a possible solution. This computer rocks so far, programs are running great, this thing is fast as hell and slick taboot!

Thanks for any help, i greatly appreciate it!

Ok, just a little update and experiment from the past hour, on the start up screen with my USB stick still attached, i still have to go over to my hard drive installation, then i am only typing PCIRootUID=0 into the screen, press enter and she fires up fast!!! (still not ideal, but im getting close)

Now im guessing i need to edit the boot.plist (or something similar) that i cannot find in the /Extra folder! I am looking in the extra folder but am not seeing the file anywhere all i see is modules folder, nvram file, smbios.plist file, and themes folder. I ran the chimera 2.0.1 just now but am afraid to reboot. I know i need to be editing some flags in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist but i do not see that file in the extras folder anywhere....any help?

did you select userdsdt option in multibeast, or just everything individually?
select userdsdt in multibeast and youll get all the necessary things to boot (fakesmc, bootloader, extra folder with org.cham.boot.plist)

No i did not select UserDSDT i swear that messed up my boot the last time i did it....

So if i select userDSDT in multibeast is that the only thing i install this time, everything on my hackintosh works perfectly, just checking before i move forward with this.. thanks!

yeah, you can just tick userdsdt by itself.

Ok ill give it a shot and report back...one more question

As for the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file, will that show up instanlty so i can edit it, as i previously stated i still use PCIRootUID=0 to get a lightning fast boot from my USB stick, do i have to edit the org.chameleon.Boot.plist once it is in the extra folder to achieve my previous results?

Thanks again!

yes itll show up instantly.

you can add pcirootuid=0 under kernel flags, so you wont have to manually type it in

Very cool, fingers crossed, i will report back with results, hopefully this finishes my install!

Currently downloading some programs right now, looks like i have about 35 minutes left to download install first, but i will report back with results within the hour.

And Boom Goes the Dynamite!!!!! Done and done, a very successful flawless start!!! I mean it literally was like a 7-9 second start, everything works perfect! Tonymacx86 is this best. Ok, i shall go off and have fun and play around with this new computer! Very excited, thanks for all the how to, the walk throughs, the forum help, very cool stuff, i will actually come on the forum to help and see if anyone with the same board or configuration needs any help as well.

Thanks very much. Very happy with ML 10.8.3 so far.

congrats.

who made the dropbox guide out of interest? its a very good guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back