Contribute
Register

ASRock Extreme4 X79 - 'Mac OS Version not yet set' - I'm stumped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Extra folder contained a special set of kexts that allow you to boot with fewer problems. You deleted those when you replaced the Extra folder. A common problem for an Asus is to have a kernel panic on the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. The Extra folder contained a kext named NullCPUPowerManagement.kext that would have fought that panic.

I would suggest you remake the Unibeast USB drive and use it as built. Even if it means a couple of BIOS edits right now.

If you get the kernel panic again, boot in verbose mode (-v) and when the text stops scrolling, snap a picture and post it.

Attachments

• 1467394319298936571183.jpg
    1467394319298936571183.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 176
i tried to send you a Direct Message but it didnt let me cuss i dont have 75 post in the web. im having the same problem. can you help me. i try to follow what you was telling him. but still cant fix the problem. :/
From the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies:
General Rules
  • Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back