Contribute
Register

ASRock Extreme4 X79 - 'Mac OS Version not yet set' - I'm stumped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this - will try tonight.

Best Regards

lerenoamp

Unfortunately my BIOS was already setup as per your instructions, so no difference.

I went back to trying with the 'Unibeast Extra' folder and multiple cores enabled. Using that method, the screen doesn't go blank, but the install hangs at the command:

waiting on <dick ID-"0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID='1'>IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID='2'>boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

On the same screen there are some other messages which may or may not be of use:

can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (error 0xdc00800e)
Couldn't allocate clase "AppleHDAController"

Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused

Using the same version of Unibeast but but typing CPUS=1, it hangs on:

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task
Boot args: boot-uuid=1598F5D0-8018-35F5-B98D-D9340AE7ADDE rd=uuid blacklist=0 npci=0x3000 darkwake=0 -v cpus=1

Mac OS version:

Not yet set

Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Version 12.2.0: Sat Aug 25 00:48:52 PDT 2012; root:xnu-2050.18.24~1/RELEASE_X86_64
Kernel UUID: 69A5853F375A-3EF4-9247-478FD0247333
System Model name: imac12,2 (Mac-942B59F58194171B)

Think I may have to admit defeat on this one.

And to let you know - it is the VGA connection i have my monitor on, not the DVI or HDTV outs.

Use the DVI out and a DVI to VGA adapter if you have to, but best if DVI all the way to the display.

Yeah, adaptor needed, will receive on Tuesday.

Best

lerenoamp

Ok, DVI to VGA adaptor received.

When I first tried with Unibeast, I had exactly the same problem, no difference.

I went into BIOS and set my processor up as 1 CPU only, re-ran unibeast with -x -v in the command line.

I've attached verbose output, at the point it hung. The text at the very bottom of the screen is what came up when I pressed 'arrow up' so please ignore.

After this I tried botting up -x but not verbose. I get the load screen with the 'clock' symbol rotating as would be expected. However, after a couple of minutes the traffic style symbol comes up (circle with a score through it). The clock still progresses, just very, very slowly. It takes about 10 minutes to get through one 360º cycle.

Attachments

• Hackbook Fail Screen.jpg
    Hackbook Fail Screen.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 875
OK, it appears it is still video hanging. Try some of the boot flags you tried before. Since you set BIOS to one CPU, you don't need cpus=1 for now. Try:

-v PCIRootUID=0
or
-v PCIRootUID=1

Thanks my friend, but no change.

Perhaps I should invest in a different Graphics Card?

Well, I now have Mountain Lion installed and can boot directly into it.

Now I am faced with very 'sticky' mouse and keyboard response.

Finally, system is working 100%. Multi-Core, Airport, the works.

Sweet!

i tried to send you a Direct Message but it didnt let me cuss i dont have 75 post in the web. im having the same problem. can you help me. i try to follow what you was telling him. but still cant fix the problem. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back