CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear, After reading many threads I kindly ask help for the following problem.

I have used marcelodamon's guide ( [SUCCESS] AsRock Z390 Extreme4 Hackintosh - Blue Edition - Everything Works!!! ) to install Mojave on my system, which is equal in hardware, except for the processor (his; i9-9900K; mine i7 9700k).

mb: Asrock Extreme4 Z390 Bios v 4.0
memory: 16 GB G.Skill 3600 Mhz
processor: i7 9700k
graphic card: msi gaming rx580 8 GB
storage: samsung evo 970 1 TB m.2 ssd

My system is stable and completely boots to the desktop, as long as I have the number of CPU cores set to '1' in the bios If I select cores to 'All' then the system restarts as soon as I get to the desktop or even earlier at times. Can someone help me out on this ?

Thank you !

Attachments

• EFI + prob rep files.zip
    17.2 MB · Views: 62
Have you checked this:

Hi Adrian B; thanks for your response; unfortunately I am not knowledgable enough on this matter; In the responses in marcelodamon's guide I found and applied a patch for the not booting with BIOS version 4.0; so that is out of the way. My system works fine but only with 1 core enabled; the difference in th hardware setup is only the processor (i7 9700k instead of a i9 9900k). Was SMBIOS should I use (now Mac mini 8,1) ? It appears the i7 9700k is not used in any Mac configuration, but I see many users use it without problems on their builds. I attached a debug report from a the debug tool found on this site.

Attachments

• debug_31072.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Have you checked this:

Checked your link; Yes I managed that fix; it is also addressed in marcelodamon's thread.

For SMBIOS, check what works for other users when used in conjunction with a discrete graphics card. I cannot check your files as I am not on macOS right now.

Thanks; I changed it to SMBIOS 18,3 but it makes no changes to the behaviour.

So I am still working with the 10.14.5 Mojave system stable now, but only if I select number of cpu cores = 1 in the BIOS; Here are my latest EFI and debug files; who wants to help me a bit ?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.4 MB · Views: 71
  • debug_28974.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 50
Hi All; I found my problem; It turned out my Power Supply did not work well anymore; my system is now up and running :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back