Contribute
Register

ASRock Deskmini 110 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, you can try this out (works on Mojave 10.14.6, haven't been tested on 10.15)
Don't forget to fill the SerialNumber and SmUUID before using:)
I'm using 10.15. just tried ur files and no luck...can't even boot the system :banghead:. My config file works but the black out problem under 4k 60hz is pain in the ass...

I'm using 10.15. just tried ur files and no luck...can't even boot the system :banghead:. My config file works but the black out problem under 4k 60hz is pain in the ass...
If you have working files on 1080P now, maybe you could try to edit the config.plist only with my files as reference, and other files such as clover and SSDT remain the same. By the way, are you using a DisplayPort cable to get 4k 60Hz ? Have you ever used the framebuffer patching methods?

I had a painful time to get 4k 60Hz working, too... I have noticed that normal patching methods for my i5 7600T with HD 630 only works on 1080P monitor, and gets random black splash screen on 4k monitors, so I have to use weird device-id and ig-platform-id (0x12190000) to fix it, which isn't a final solution and maybe just for Mojave.

If you have working files on 1080P now, maybe you could try to edit the config.plist only with my files as reference, and other files such as clover and SSDT remain the same. By the way, are you using a DisplayPort cable to get 4k 60Hz ? Have you ever used the framebuffer patching methods?

I had a painful time to get 4k 60Hz working, too... I have noticed that normal patching methods for my i5 7600T with HD 630 only works on 1080P monitor, and gets random black splash screen on 4k monitors, so I have to use weird device-id and ig-platform-id (0x12190000) to fix it, which isn't a final solution and maybe just for Mojave.

I compared ur files with mine and I did try to modify my files but I noticed that you didn't inject ig-platform-id in the files u just uploaded. I searched online and someone said HD630 needs to fake HD530 so it could work normally at 10.14. I tried to inject ig-platform-id (0x19120000) and device-id, and changed smbios to 17.1(I was at 18.1) but again, couldn't boost the system.

Do u mind I ask that why did u inject 0x12190000 ? and if it works for u, what should I exactly do to fix the black out problem?

And no, I haven't tried FB patching methods. Maybe I should try that out. Just a newbie here. Tons of things to learn. lol

I compared ur files with mine and I did try to modify my files but I noticed that you didn't inject ig-platform-id in the files u just uploaded. I searched online and someone said HD630 needs to fake HD530 so it could work normally at 10.14. I tried to inject ig-platform-id (0x19120000) and device-id, and changed smbios to 17.1(I was at 18.1) but again, couldn't boost the system.

Do u mind I ask that why did u inject 0x12190000 ? and if it works for u, what should I exactly do to fix the black out problem?

And no, I haven't tried FB patching methods. Maybe I should try that out. Just a newbie here. Tons of things to learn. lol

Is the "inject" method you mentioned AAPL,ig-platform-id in Device/properties/PciRoot? In the framebuffer patching method tutorial, it's suggested to do like that.
In the tutorial, Gen6 (Skylake) CPU with HD 5XX should work with a AAPL,ig-platform-id: 0x19120000 (default). And in previous post of this threads, @Wenda has corrected it from 0x19120000 to 12190000 and 00001219 in my files (In Xcode, the "data" type is different from raw hex and you should write it in reverse every two numbers? I can't remember it exactly), and it works like a charm!
As you can see, it means a normal 0x19120000 id for HD 5xx rather than 12190000. Besides, I don't think it's a complete fake of HD530 because there is no lilucpu=6 boot flag which is suggested, and that's why I call it not a final solution.

Has anybody successfully updated to catalina? I did the update yesterday, and the intel HD 630 graphics seemed to have broken, I can boot into the system, but the video card vRAM always was 32 MB. Any help on this?

@mac233boy has a successful boot but get a 32MB vRAM in the end, which means he has a id which can drive the HD 630 card but needs further configuration like framebuffer patching. And maybe you could also try the tutorial from normal 0x5916000. At least, it could help you boot into the system...
I will try to update my system to 10.15 the next days... Hope we can find a way to help our Deskmini 110 friends work a longer time. :p

Is the "inject" method you mentioned AAPL,ig-platform-id in Device/properties/PciRoot? In the framebuffer patching method tutorial, it's suggested to do like that.
In the tutorial, Gen6 (Skylake) CPU with HD 5XX should work with a AAPL,ig-platform-id: 0x19120000 (default). And in previous post of this threads, @Wenda has corrected it from 0x19120000 to 12190000 and 00001219 in my files (In Xcode, the "data" type is different from raw hex and you should write it in reverse every two numbers? I can't remember it exactly), and it works like a charm!
As you can see, it means a normal 0x19120000 id for HD 5xx rather than 12190000. Besides, I don't think it's a complete fake of HD530 because there is no lilucpu=6 boot flag which is suggested, and that's why I call it not a final solution.

@mac233boy has a successful boot but get a 32MB vRAM in the end, which means he has a id which can drive the HD 630 card but needs further configuration like framebuffer patching. And maybe you could also try the tutorial from normal 0x5916000. At least, it could help you boot into the system...
I will try to update my system to 10.15 the next days... Hope we can find a way to help our Deskmini 110 friends work a longer time. :p
I used framebuffer patching tool and successfully drove the card as it shows 2048M. But unfortunately, I can't get hidpi anymore. I searched online and found a solution on github but failed.. I will stop here and wait for u guys to find a solution. lol this is just beyond my ability.

I used framebuffer patching tool and successfully drove the card as it shows 2048M. But unfortunately, I can't get hidpi anymore. I searched online and found a solution on github but failed.. I will stop here and wait for u guys to find a solution. lol this is just beyond my ability.
Can you share your config files? I tried framebuffer patching, but still cannot get the intel HD 630 card to have v-ram larger than 32 MB.

Hey guys
I have make a clover build to boot Catalina on Deskmini 110, and another method.
However, my post yesterday was deleted, I don't know why:banghead:

Hey guys
I have make a clover build to boot Catalina on Deskmini 110, and another method.
However, my post yesterday was deleted, I don't know why:banghead:
re read the rules and you will probably find out why

re read the rules and you will probably find out why
Thank you, I find out that the method I'm using is not allowed, I apologize for it and I won't post it on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back