Contribute
Register

ASRock Deskmini 110 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not sound either. could you upload your efi? thank you very much

I don't have it with me right now but if you look at post #336 of this thread you have the one I used.

Anybody having problems with (seemingly) random freezes? My Hack could go weeks of doing little to nothing, or in a recent case, two weeks of Handbrake encoding with no issues at all. It will then just randomly lock up entirely - screen won't wake, not accessible over the network, no SSH access - and the only way to get it back is a hard shutdown and restart. This never happened regularly until Mojave. Now it seems to happen every few weeks, but not when doing anything specific - like I said it could be idle or working hard. I usually run it with the connected monitor off and remotely operate it from another machine via Screen Sharing. I mostly use it as a Plex server and encoding machine. The fact that it's headless most of the time makes me think the "struggle" to keep it running on Hackintosh might not be worth it for this purpose.

Anyway, does anyone else have a similar issue that they were able to fix?

Yes. It started happening to me a while ago, first it was once every couple of weeks, then frequency raised. Eventually I couldn't watch a movie. I did a lot of testing and benchmarks to see when was it caused. It was when I was stressing the iGPU. I couldn't find how to fix it so temporarily I installed ChromeOS on a USB stick to boot from to use in the meantime. To my surprise, it would freeze as well.
It wasn't the OS. I tried several. Its the iGPU, or whatever hardware is controlling it.

This was the second Asrock board I bought, since the first one decided to die and not turn on from one day to another.
Got sick of it, bought a Gigabyte STX board. Now I'm happy as a clam. Everything works. There's even a tutorial for the board and it's very easy with no coding whatsoever.

Anybody having problems with (seemingly) random freezes? My Hack could go weeks of doing little to nothing, or in a recent case, two weeks of Handbrake encoding with no issues at all. It will then just randomly lock up entirely - screen won't wake, not accessible over the network, no SSH access - and the only way to get it back is a hard shutdown and restart. This never happened regularly until Mojave. Now it seems to happen every few weeks, but not when doing anything specific - like I said it could be idle or working hard. I usually run it with the connected monitor off and remotely operate it from another machine via Screen Sharing. I mostly use it as a Plex server and encoding machine. The fact that it's headless most of the time makes me think the "struggle" to keep it running on Hackintosh might not be worth it for this purpose.

Anyway, does anyone else have a similar issue that they were able to fix?
Yes, I have similar issue with you and seems that it's not my issue alone. I'm finding solution now. Maybe It needs a clean reinstall.

Hi

Using the latest UEFI files posted here with Mojave I’m finding the installer reboots at “15 minutes remaining” consistently from the hard drive.

Trying APFS the mac hard drive doesn’t show at all from clover

Does anyone have an idea how to get this installed?

Running i7-7700 Kaby Lake, 32GB ram and Samsung Nvme

@sjd3v, please update your profile (account details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Thanks - done.

Hi

Using the latest UEFI files posted here with Mojave I’m finding the installer reboots at “15 minutes remaining” consistently from the hard drive.

Trying APFS the mac hard drive doesn’t show at all from clover

Does anyone have an idea how to get this installed?

Running i7-7700 Kaby Lake, 32GB ram and Samsung Nvme
The protocol of specific Samsung nvme SSD are not supported in Mac os. Maybe you need extra kexts to fix it.

The protocol of specific Samsung nvme SSD are not supported in Mac os. Maybe you need extra kexts to fix it.

As it turns out I have bought Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB which is what is causing the kernel panics. It is currently not compatible with hackintosh builds. Nothing to do with the Clover EFI config!

I am having issues with Kaby Lake UHD 630 graphics on mojave. Things render ok but the screen flickers when graphics acceleration activates ( I am guessing).

Does anyone have any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back