Contribute
Register

ASRock Deskmini 110 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your are more likely to have better display support with system definition iMac18,1 and ig-platform-id 5926 for the iGPU. You can try my new EFI folder. Notice there's only one file in ACPI/patches. This file includes all the necessary fixes like USB and CPU power management. Please test it .

here's a partial list of my loaded kexts so far:

org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC (1759
as.vit9696.Lilu (1.1.7
as.lvs1974.IntelGraphicsFixup (1.1.7
as.vit9696.Shiki (2.0.5
org.vanilla.driver.CPUFriend (1.0.1
as.vit9696.AppleALC (1.1.4
com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll (0.6.1
com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet (2.3.0d0
org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID (1.3.9
com.no-one.BrcmFirmwareStore (2.2.7
com.no-one.BrcmPatchRAM2 (2.2.7
org.tw.CodecCommander (2.6.3

CPUFriend is nice to load a custom PM for the CPU.

Here it is.

Freesby,

Thanks so much for sharing your EFI. I’m a noob. Successfully setup a hackintosh dedicated to running Plex on a deskmini. I believe I used an older version of your EFI to get it running. Audio doesn’t work but don’t need it for that use.

Testing the same machine now to build a personal computer/hackintosh. Having great success with your posted EFI, but left with one issue... my DP isn’t working. Looses signal after boot. It’s strange because the first time I booted with your EFI it worked until I tried to change the resolution to 3840x2160 and hasn’t worked since. This is running Sierra and/or High Sierra.

I’ve reinstalled a few times and no luck and the most recent multibeast setup using High Sierra gives me the screen blackout flashes others have described.

Any thoughts? Apologies for the noob inquiry.

Freesby,

Thanks so much for sharing your EFI. I’m a noob. Successfully setup a hackintosh dedicated to running Plex on a deskmini. I believe I used an older version of your EFI to get it running. Audio doesn’t work but don’t need it for that use.

Testing the same machine now to build a personal computer/hackintosh. Having great success with your posted EFI, but left with one issue... my DP isn’t working. Looses signal after boot. It’s strange because the first time I booted with your EFI it worked until I tried to change the resolution to 3840x2160 and hasn’t worked since. This is running Sierra and/or High Sierra.

I’ve reinstalled a few times and no luck and the most recent multibeast setup using High Sierra gives me the screen blackout flashes others have described.

Any thoughts? Apologies for the noob inquiry.

Here's my current EFI. I prefer to install all my kexts under /Libraries/Extensions. I load my Lilu kexts with Lilu Friend. But I kept the kexts in the EFI directory for upgrades and Recovery. (hence InjectKexts=Detect) . Maybe that's not relevant but just in case.

Audio should be working with AppleALC.kext which also fixes the ig platform connectors for HD 630, thereby fixing the HDMI audio with platform ID=66, which is defined already in my SSDT patch.

Maybe that resolution is not supported by your monitor and that's why the signal is lost. Maybe there's a way to reset the resolution , perhaps by clearing the nvram from clover? I am not sure. What I do in those cases is to enable Screen Sharing and from another computer I change the resolution to a valid one. I have no access to a high res monitor to test that resolution. I am also using FixEDID to generate a kext that emulates an iMac display but my monitor (which is actually a TV) works fine without it sans night shift .

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.7 MB · Views: 2,102
Here's my current EFI. I prefer to install all my kexts under /Libraries/Extensions. I load my Lilu kexts with Lilu Friend. But I kept the kexts in the EFI directory for upgrades and Recovery. (hence InjectKexts=Detect) . Maybe that's not relevant but just in case.

Audio should be working with AppleALC.kext which also fixes the ig platform connectors for HD 630, thereby fixing the HDMI audio with platform ID=66, which is defined already in my SSDT patch.

Maybe that resolution is not supported by your monitor and that's why the signal is lost. Maybe there's a way to reset the resolution , perhaps by clearing the nvram from clover? I am not sure. What I do in those cases is to enable Screen Sharing and from another computer I change the resolution to a valid one. I have no access to a high res monitor to test that resolution. I am also using FixEDID to generate a kext that emulates an iMac display but my monitor (which is actually a TV) works fine without it sans night shift .

Thank you for the response!

I will try the updated EFI and report back. Will also install the kexts to /Library/Extensions.

Regarding the resolution, I had the same concern as it seemed to work before choosing the higher resolution, but I am able to select that resolution via the HDMI connection. The only downside is that I’m obviously not able to access the 60hz refresh due to the older HDMI 1.4 standard. I run VNC Server on my machine so I am able to access the desktop resolutions that way, but when changing back to the original resolution there was no change... no signal. Will attempt to clear the NVRAM with Clover.

Audio via HDMI and via DisplayPort worked just fine before I ran into this hitch. Audio via HDMI still works just fine.

Thanks again for the EFI. Will report back after I have a chance to work with it tomorrow.

Hi freesby,

Thanks for your EFI it works perfectly for booting and Graphics.

I wanted to fill correctly the serial number "To be filled By O.E.M." so I used this guide :

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/

I've got everything filled up in Clover Configurator but for saving the file only duplicate was allowed, I did it and replaced your config.plist with the saved one.

Boot became impossible without installer sd card and graphics Intel 630 had only 7 Mo memory allocated.

Back to your original EFI made things perfect.

I retried once to close modified config.plist instead of duplicate and I've got the following message

"Settings=special mean a file special.plist which is the same as config.plist but with other values.

Boot and GUI keys will be deleted"

Capture d’écran 2018-01-06 à 05.53.38.png

Capture d’écran 2018-01-06 à 05.39.02.png

what am I doing wrong ?

Last edited:
but for saving the file only duplicate was allowed

That's weird. You should be able to save your changes . Copy the config.plist to your desktop, make and save the edits there and then place the new config.plist back to the clover folder in the EFI . You can create a backup of the working config.plist in the same Clover folder with another name like "config-ora.plist" and boot with that config from the Clover options. Also, keep your Clover configurator up to date or better yet use the plist editor from Xcode to edit the file.

Freesby,

Apologies as I said I’d check back in a while ago, but wasn’t able to get to things until recently.

Thanks again for your EFI! I am running successfully on another hackintosh build I just completed (Sierra, Deskmini, i7-7700). I’ve narrowed the DisplayPort glitch to running 4K @ 60hz. The same issue isn’t duplicated when using the same setup at 30hz. I’ve seen this issue discussed in other threads... will continue to research. It only happens when clicking in and out of the app launcher or watching 4K clips on YouTube/Chrome so its maybe some graphics rendering issue... perhaps.

Thank you again!

Thanks freesby, works like a charm, triple boot working (Windows 10 Pro, Ubuntu, High Sierra on same NVMe Samsung 960 EVO)

That's weird. You should be able to save your changes . Copy the config.plist to your desktop, make and save the edits there and then place the new config.plist back to the clover folder in the EFI . You can create a backup of the working config.plist in the same Clover folder with another name like "config-ora.plist" and boot with that config from the Clover options. Also, keep your Clover configurator up to date or better yet use the plist editor from Xcode to edit the file.

I have compiled a very detailed guide to setting up an AsRock 110m Deskmini as a dual-boot machine. This guide is aimed at first time builders and assumes no prior experience. To my mind the Deskmini is the perfect small form-factor machine and is a more than worthy replacement for a Mac Mini. It is whisper quiet and has very low power consumption, making it the perfect (always on) home server, in these days of expensive electricity. Put an i5 or i7 6000 series CPU in there and the performance is really outstanding (Geekbench 4, single thread 4700; multi-thread 13,400, i5-6500). I have attached the setup guide which runs to over 20 pages. There is a lot of detail in there, since it assumes a first time builder with no detailed knowledge of the procedures. However, if followed carefully, it is not particularly difficult. I have not developed this procedure - it is simply a compilation of ideas from other, much more savvy users than I. My thanks to all who have assisted. Hopefully, I have acknowledged all such contributors in the guide. If not, the omission is unintentional. I have also attached a copy of my config.plist (with BoardID and Serial Numbers deleted). Given the fixed nature of the Deskmini's hardware, it would be great if some creative whiz could put all this together into an off-the shelf installation and setup tool. Good luck with your installs.
Thank You Sir

Hey everyone!

I recently bought a new 4k monitor and I noticed two things.

- First it is only possible to select a 4k resolution when I connect the monitor via the Deskmini displayport connector. When I connect via the HDMI the maximum resolution is 1920x1080. The monitor is however perfectly capable of showing 4k when I connect it via HDMI with my work computer.

- Second, when I switch inputs (from displayport to hdmi) and switch back to displayport, or turn off the monitor and turn it on again. The screen stays black and no input is detected. I have to force restart the Deskmini to get the input working again.

Did anyone found similar problems? I can't wrap my head around this one.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 297
Okay guys. I'm back again pleading for help. I think at this point I have my EFI and Extensions folders totally messed up and need help rebuilding them/narrowing down what I need and don't need. I would greatly appreciate the help as this is my main media server machine. I can't afford to have it offline for an extended period of time. Here's where I stand:

I have the EFI folder that @freesby shared a few posts above loaded onto my EFI partition. I modified the config.plist to match my SMBIOS and all that good stuff. On 10.13.1 the system works fine. I tried updating to 10.13.3 - both via the App Store and downloading the Combo Update - and it installed. But now I get a kernel panic almost immediately after the Apple logo comes up during boot. I tried to get a pic or see what it says but it's too fast. I've attached the log file here. I'm also attaching my zipped EFI folder. Hopefully this can help diagnose my issue.

Thanks in advance, guys.

Attachments

• Kernel_2018-02-10-112902_Amtrick-Server.txt
    4 KB · Views: 321
  • EFI - 2-10-18.zip
    24 MB · Views: 129
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back