Contribute
Register

ASRock Deskmini 110 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone used the thunderbolt for data / firewire adapters or anything, I have a super old i7 960 build that I am dying to retire for a smaller quiet experience, but if I can't use the firewire avid box I have, I may have to sit this one out.

Thanks in advance, and I am happy to see this place still at it.

I have the same problem with you, please inform me if you solved it. Thank you.
It is much better than before -- I noticed on iterm2 (app similar to Terminal), I still had it show the contents behind it in part of the screen. Very rare so not sure if Hackintosh glitch or normal glitch. So much better than before. All I did was mount EFI, open Clover and go to Graphics section on left and then clear the contents of ig-platform-id (so nothing in it at all). Then save and reboot. This is with 10.12.6. I haven't tried 10.13 yet.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

has anyone who updated to High Sierra working internal audio on the deskmini with 10.13?
I updated successfully, but can't get internal audio working.

Posted details here:
10.13 AppleALC no sound - static noise

Appreciate feedback or hints, how to get the ALC283 working on the deskmini for 10.13.

Thanks,
Max

You have to install clover on the efi partition. BTW, AppleALC via Lilu can solve your audio fixes without causing any kernel panic
Thank you for the reply. I ended up just moving the clover folder over to the mounted EFI partition and it worked after that.

I tried the kexts you suggested and I don't know if they fixed the sound correctly. It seemed that all that was needed was to install the kexts according to the info in the links. I got the wired audio working using one of the older posts instructions suggested recently. Specifically this from post #24:

1 - MultiBeast, make sure you select both ALC283 (BRIX Pro and NUC only) and 100 Series Audio.
2 - Reboot and you should see Intel High Definition Audio in System Report > Audio
3 - MultiBeast, make sure you select ALC283 (BRIX Pro and NUC only)
4 - Reboot and you should see DeviceN (Manufacturer = Apple) in Devices in System Report > Audio, your audio should be working

This doesn't make much sense step 1 and 3 seem redundant and why you would need to do both but I have working wired audio at this point. Also working via BT audio on the Broadcom card.

Last edited:
Yeah. Works fine. Sleep still broken.
Is there any particular kext or patch we need to run aside from the ones used for Sierra? Are there kexts or patches no longer needed?

Beside the very informative guide posted on this thread, are there any necessary changes for Kaby Lake processors? Is the guide still relative for current Sierra?(not high Sierra)

Last edited:
Successful setup High Sierra.
Снимок экрана 2017-10-06 в 20.09.40.png

Kaby Lake i7-7700k/2x8gb/Samsung evo 960.
Works:
HDMI, DP and AUX sound. DP max resolution 3840x2160@60 and HDMI 3840x2160@30. Resolution 3840x1600 is working too. Checked at Philips BDM4350 and LG 38UC99.
All are working good, instead of dual display mode. I can't make two displays working both at the same time. Even reconnect from one to another leads to crush and reboot. Also I observe some safari freezes after finish put down web address etc.
My config based on EFI folder from freesby's post #208. I've just replaced files at kext/other to a new versions, added last AppleALC.kext to that folder and changed model to 18.3.
USB 3.0 ports give me speed ~400mbit/s. Same as USB 3.1. I don't know how to fix it.

Be grateful for any help with dual display and usb speed problems

I don't have wifi/bt card, so I don't know if it works.
Hope this setup can helps somebody.

Thanks to freesby for configuration, you're doing all job.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Hello all. Had a working Sierra 10.12.6 system and decided to add a storage drive (1 SSD for boot, 1 HDD for storage). System had me reformat the HDD and it showed on my system. I decided to reboot and I get the circle-slash mid way after apple logo on boot. Thinking it was the new HDD, i disconnected it and tried to reboot but I still get the circle-slash problem. I've tried to search the site but most of the problem seems to point to a video card issue which wouldn't be the case since i'm using the onboard graphics. Anyone else run into this problem or know of any solutions? I've tried -v -x and still no go.. Thanks in advance..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back