Contribute
Register

ASRock Deskmini 110 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @freesby! The audio fix worked right away. As for the graphics, all I've done so far is change my system definition to iMac 18,1 as you suggested. Already there's an improvement, sort of. It seems now that the output is always active. It just goes to a black screen when the energy saver kicks in, but the monitor stays on. Where do I need to patch the connector types? That's the only part of your instructions I couldn't follow because I wasn't sure how to proceed. I searched a bit and there was some stuff about using a MacPro definition, but I didn't want to try that for fear of wrecking things further.

Yeah. By the way I forgot to mention that the HD 630 iGPU can't wake up from sleep. This seems to be broken. But the monitor might turn off after going black and you may be able to wake it up. IDK if this works for any monitor.

Regarding the patch for the connector types, you don't need any patches if the system is loading the default ig-platform-id and ID for HD 630. The AppleALC kext automatically patches the connector types for HD630. You might try with ig-platform-id 59260000 to see if that improves anything but you will have to find the appropriate patches for the connector types, that is, change the DisplayPort type to HDMI.

Which exact card did you use and what did it cost or where did you get it? Always good to have more options :).

It was a broadcom card BCM2045A0

Problems solved

Last edited:
Anyone tried installing High Sierra yet?

Why are you faking the ID of the IntelGFX in your clover config? Is set to 0x19168086 which is a mobile skylake. Why are you faking the CPU with a FakeCPUID under KernelAndKextPatches? The i5-7500 runs native under macOS 10.12.6, you don't need to fake a skylake CPU or iGPU. Of course, if you tell macOS that your CPU and iGPU are skylake and your ig-platform-id is Kaby lake, then that's not going to work.

Here's my EFI that can be used as a reference. But be aware that I am running High Sierra (10.13.beta). The config should work on 10.12.6 I think, but just don't drop it to your EFI. Use it as a reference only.

Edit: After making the changes and before rebooting, refresh the kernel cache from the terminal like this:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

That sometimes help.
Great!
My system 10.12.6 is running well with your EFI.
But CPU config of imac18,1 is so poor for i5 7series that CPU always runs at high heat level. And GPU config of imac18,2 is dual GPUs not suitable for this system.
My solution is to add CPU level control within IOPlatformPluginFamily of imac18,1 from imac18,2 since imac18,2's CPU is i5 7500 . Then the CPU is running cool now.
IOPlatformPluginFamily MOD attached. Please backup the old one before use this.

Attachments

• IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext.zip
    392.7 KB · Views: 99
Great!
My system 10.12.6 is running well with your EFI.
But CPU config of imac18,1 is so poor for i5 7series that CPU always runs at high heat level. And GPU config of imac18,2 is dual GPUs not suitable for this system.
My solution is to add CPU level control within IOPlatformPluginFamily of imac18,1 from imac18,2 since imac18,2's CPU is i5 7500 . Then the CPU is running cool now.
IOPlatformPluginFamily MOD attached. Please backup the old one before use this.

Yes, that some further optimization. But I don't like modifications of system kexts and files. I am using this Lilu plugin to load my custom power management profile

https://github.com/PMheart/CPUFriend

With it you can inject the iMac18,2 or iMac18,3 PM into your iMac18,1 system definition too without modifying any kext. I also prefer to use LiluFriend to load Lilu kexts and plugins, kext injection only for upgrades and installation. Also my system is running better with the ig-platform-id of the iris 640, which happens to be the iGPU of the iMac18,1

Hey everyone, first time Hackintosh builder here. Following Colonel Panic's guide and have installed Sierra on my deskmini system. I used Unibeast and Sierra from the Mac store to create the installer. I had set this up and got as far as getting the wi-fi working and then when I tried to apply the audio fixes I got a kernel panic and then ended up erasing the drive and re-installing several times.

Where I'm getting stuck is that I'm mounting the efi partitions with Clover configurator and getting the config.plist from usb/efi/efi/clover/ config.plist and attempting to move this to the same location on system drive/efi/efi/clover but this location does not exist. When I mount the efi partition I have efi/efi/Apple folder only. Do I have to install Clover or is there something wrong?
You have to install clover on the efi partition. BTW, AppleALC via Lilu can solve your audio fixes without causing any kernel panic

I had some random screen glitches that would happen regularly (at least a couple times a day) with my 4k monitor connected via DisplayPort. I'm using HD 630 graphics on an Intel i3-7100. Today, I removed the ig-platform-id I had set in my config.plist. So it's just blank. On 10.12.6, this seems to be working better -- so far, I think no glitches? It's only been 1/2 a day but I have my fingers crossed.

By glitch, I mean some part of the screen will fail to redraw or redraw funky. Sometimes it's just a brief thing, sometimes a terminal window will be odd but moving it will force a redraw and it'll be good. Hard to explain.

I'm loving the Deskmini as a Hackintosh. I'm now tempted to buy a second one so I can fiddle with things without breaking my main one (I use it for work every day). It has been amazing.

Update: a day later and still no more glitches. This was the last annoying problem for me (I can live w/o sleep).

Last edited:
I had some random screen glitches that would happen regularly (at least a couple times a day) with my 4k monitor connected via DisplayPort. I'm using HD 630 graphics on an Intel i3-7100. Today, I removed the ig-platform-id I had set in my config.plist. So it's just blank. On 10.12.6, this seems to be working better -- so far, I think no glitches? It's only been 1/2 a day but I have my fingers crossed.

By glitch, I mean some part of the screen will fail to redraw or redraw funky. Sometimes it's just a brief thing, sometimes a terminal window will be odd but moving it will force a redraw and it'll be good. Hard to explain.

I'm loving the Deskmini as a Hackintosh. I'm now tempted to buy a second one so I can fiddle with things without breaking my main one (I use it for work every day). It has been amazing.

Update: a day later and still no more glitches. This was the last annoying problem for me (I can live w/o sleep).
I have the same problem with you, please inform me if you solved it. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back