Contribute
Register

ASRock Deskmini 110 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh. I've already got 2 * 4GB DDR4 installed, so the cause might be different in my case.

thanks anyway

oh. I've already got 2 * 4GB DDR4 installed, so the cause might be different in my case.

thanks anyway

How much is the frequency
2400?

Yes, I have a problem, select iMac 18,1 (Clover Configurator). Then your serial number is also displayed: To Be Filled By O.E.M. Thank you.
When using Clover, make sure you click the little magic wand on the right side (about 1/2 way down the screen) in the SMBIOS section. I accidentally tried to change it once another way and the serial didn't get set.

Anyone get sound over DisplayPort working?

@Nymec, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Hey guys...

Quick question. I'm going to be building out one of these machines in the next week (parts are on the way). This thread has been super-helpful in getting ready and selecting hardware. So thank you for that.

My question is - is wi-fi and Bluetooth necessary in any way for macOS to function properly? My intended use for this machine will be in a mostly server role and it will be connected via Ethernet at all times. So if I can get away without buying the Broadcom card but still retaining all macOS functionality, that would be great! But if it's required for something (App Store, etc.) then I will get one.

Thanks in advance!

And thanks to Colonel Panic for that awesome guide! I haven't used it yet, but read through and it's amazingly detailed!

Hey guys...

Quick question. I'm going to be building out one of these machines in the next week (parts are on the way). This thread has been super-helpful in getting ready and selecting hardware. So thank you for that.

My question is - is wi-fi and Bluetooth necessary in any way for macOS to function properly? My intended use for this machine will be in a mostly server role and it will be connected via Ethernet at all times. So if I can get away without buying the Broadcom card but still retaining all macOS functionality, that would be great! But if it's required for something (App Store, etc.) then I will get one.

Thanks in advance!

And thanks to Colonel Panic for that awesome guide! I haven't used it yet, but read through and it's amazingly detailed!

In my experience, the only functionality that you would lose is Location Services which depend on Wi-Fi. Bear in mind that even if you have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth installed and working 100%, you can still just completely disable them and macOS will still work normally.

For older BIOS versions you would need to attach a USB bluetooth device in order to make the OS boot, so you just need to keep your BIOS updated.

In my experience, the only functionality that you would lose is Location Services which depend on Wi-Fi. Bear in mind that even if you have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth installed and working 100%, you can still just completely disable them and macOS will still work normally.

For older BIOS versions you would need to attach a USB bluetooth device in order to make the OS boot, so you just need to keep your BIOS updated.

Good to know! Thank you, freesby! I'm gonna forego the Broadcom adapter for now then and see how it goes. Parts arrive tomorrow, so I know what I'll be doing all weekend!! :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back