Contribute
Register

ASRock Deskmini 110 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone who might be interested. HDMI Audio is working with KabyLake. Tested with Sierra 10.12.4 btw.

View attachment 244982

Files attached to make it work
How exactly do I enable HDMI audio? I copied the patched .aml files to /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched but I don't know what to do with your config.plist...

If you also use AppleALC besides Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup, make sure you use the latest available version.

Thanks Brebo this did the job!

The USB extension is not available for sale in the Netherlands and Neweg charges very high shipping costs. Is there anyone on this forum living in the USA and willing to order the USB extension from Newegg and post it to me? I can transfer the money with Paypal. Would be very thankful :)!

How exactly do I enable HDMI audio? I copied the patched .aml files to /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched but I don't know what to do with your config.plist...

You need to install AppleALC.kext and lilu.kext
https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases
https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases

You should install (inject) those kexts in your
/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ folder. Of course you should mount your EFI partition first with https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/efi-mounter-v3.280/

Then place these patches "SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml,SSDT-HDMI-HD630.aml"
in this folder
/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

You should also inject the ig-platform-id . Patch the conectors from DisplayPort or whatever to HDMI type connectors. You do that in your clover's config.plist file. Attached pertinent settings in the config.plist sample file. I hope that helps

Attachments

• SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml
    297 bytes · Views: 209
  • SSDT-HDMI-HD630.aml
    357 bytes · Views: 167
  • config.plist
    1.5 KB · Views: 330
You need to install AppleALC.kext and lilu.kext
https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases
https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases

You should install (inject) those kexts in your
/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ folder. Of course you should mount your EFI partition first with https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/efi-mounter-v3.280/

Then place these patches "SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml,SSDT-HDMI-HD630.aml"
in this folder
/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

You should also inject the ig-platform-id . Patch the conectors from DisplayPort or whatever to HDMI type connectors. You do that in your clover's config.plist file. Attached pertinent settings in the config.plist sample file. I hope that helps

I successfully injected the Lilu and the AppleALC kexts by moving them to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Then I copied both of the .aml files you provided to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

I'm still having problems modifying the config.plist with your indications, though. I changed my ig-platform-id (0x19120000) for yours (0x59120000) and then I added your KextsToPatch lines (the three AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer patches) to my KextsToPatch and saved. But when I try to boot using that new config.plist I still get no HDMI audio and even some of the other kext patches fail to load (such as the one providing graphics acceleration).

Did I mess the format up or something? I checked it with PlistEdit Pro and it reports no errors.

Also, note that I'm on 10.12.6. I noticed those KextsToPatch lines say something about 10.12.5. Would that be the problem?

EDIT: I uploaded my previous config.plist (confignoaudio.plist) which is still working fine but without working HDMI audio.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.9 KB · Views: 281
  • confignoaudio.plist
    6.9 KB · Views: 276
I successfully injected the Lilu and the AppleALC kexts by moving them to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Then I copied both of the .aml files you provided to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

I'm still having problems modifying the config.plist with your indications, though. I changed my ig-platform-id (0x19120000) for yours (0x59120000) and then I added your KextsToPatch lines (the three AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer patches) to my KextsToPatch and saved. But when I try to boot using that new config.plist I still get no HDMI audio and even some of the other kext patches fail to load (such as the one providing graphics acceleration).

Did I mess the format up or something? I checked it with PlistEdit Pro and it reports no errors.

Also, note that I'm on 10.12.6. I noticed those KextsToPatch lines say something about 10.12.5. Would that be the problem?

EDIT: I uploaded my previous config.plist (confignoaudio.plist) which is still working fine but without working HDMI audio.

:/.

The last version of AppleALC.kext already provides the connector patches: https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/commit/d2ed5a333c038939a2305aa67caf3168d4e2a193
  • Added Desktop Intel Kaby Lake HD630 HDMI audio support (ig-platform-id 0x59120000)
So, it should not be longer necessary to add the KextsToPatch lines (10.12.5-KBL-5912000-Port DP2HDM). But that only works with ig-platform-id 0x59120000, which you already have it set in your config. Try removing those lines.

The SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml file already sets the audio layout ID to 66, so that string should not be necessary in the clover config.plist. Try removing that string from clover config

:/.

The last version of AppleALC.kext already provides the connector patches: https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/commit/d2ed5a333c038939a2305aa67caf3168d4e2a193
  • Added Desktop Intel Kaby Lake HD630 HDMI audio support (ig-platform-id 0x59120000)
So, it should not be longer necessary to add the KextsToPatch lines (10.12.5-KBL-5912000-Port DP2HDM). But that only works with ig-platform-id 0x59120000, which you already have it set in your config. Try removing those lines.

The SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml file already sets the audio layout ID to 66, so that string should not be necessary in the clover config.plist. Try removing that string from clover config
Still no results :/ I can still use external speakers but I really want to stick to my monitor's speakers to reduce the desk clutter.
Can I see your EFI folder? I just noticed we have the same hardware.
I have the non COM DeskMini 110, an i5-7500, a single 8Gb SODIMM 2133MHz RAM and a BCM94352Z.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I lose the graphics acceleration when I change the ig-platform-id from 0x19120000 to 0x59120000. I also added my EFI folder, just in case you might want to check it out. Thanks in advance for all the help!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.2 MB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Still no results :/ I can still use external speakers but I really want to stick to my monitor's speakers to reduce the desk clutter.
Can I see your EFI folder? I just noticed we have the same hardware.
I have the non COM DeskMini 110, an i5-7500, a single 8Gb SODIMM 2133MHz RAM and a BCM94352Z.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I lose the graphics acceleration when I change the ig-platform-id from 0x19120000 to 0x59120000. I also added my EFI folder, just in case you might want to check it out. Thanks in advance for all the help!

Why are you faking the ID of the IntelGFX in your clover config? Is set to 0x19168086 which is a mobile skylake. Why are you faking the CPU with a FakeCPUID under KernelAndKextPatches? The i5-7500 runs native under macOS 10.12.6, you don't need to fake a skylake CPU or iGPU. Of course, if you tell macOS that your CPU and iGPU are skylake and your ig-platform-id is Kaby lake, then that's not going to work.

Here's my EFI that can be used as a reference. But be aware that I am running High Sierra (10.13.beta). The config should work on 10.12.6 I think, but just don't drop it to your EFI. Use it as a reference only.

Edit: After making the changes and before rebooting, refresh the kernel cache from the terminal like this:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

That sometimes help.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 316
Last edited:
After a fresh install and installing drivers from multibeast I’m getting hung up at the Apple logo at 75%

I7 6700T
16GB Ram
Intel 530

After a fresh install and installing drivers from multibeast I’m getting hung up at the Apple logo at 75%

I7 6700T
16GB Ram
Intel 530
Boot in verbose mode (add the bootflag "-v" to Clover) and post a picture of what you get on screen when it gets stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back