Contribute
Register

ASRock Deskmini 110 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange issue indeed. You may wanna try re-install the kext for the audio and re-do multicast, just in case.

Yeah I also tried that.... I mean the audio is enabled for all I know.... The thing is that everything sounds broken music the os even YouTube videos....I don't know if reinstalling would be required but it is weird I thought it was a hardware problem I just finished installing windows and works perfectly fine so hardware failure it's not a possibility anymore

I finally got my build working -- I tried a G4560 CPU. That didn't work so I tried the G4600 CPU. I could get installed but I wrongly assumed if it hd Intel 630 graphics, I'd be good. I could not get graphics acceleration working.

So next I tried an i3-7100 and I'm up and running with acceleration. Sound isn't working but I'm going to go through the thread for that.

Update: I got internal sound working with the latest versions of CodecCommand and AppleALC kexts. Also added Shiki as wanted to try it. So in total, have CodecCommand, IntelGraphicsFixup, Lilu, AppleALC and Shiki. And everything is working great. Using iMac 16,2 as recommend for iGPU video acceleration. Playing 4k video works great (shows iGPU in use).

Last edited:
AsRock just announced a DeskMini with a MXM GTX 1080 / 1070 / RX580, judging by their support for OS X, they'll probably support it with this new release as well.

Does anyone have HDMI working in their DeskMini 110? Can you attach your config.plist file please? I need to replicate the framebuffer entry for my HDMI port and I need a working example. Many thanks

I had this problem when 12.5 first came out. Solved it by upgrading some kext in clover folder.

here is my efi folder.

thank you. Copying your EFI folder made my system run again.

After upgrading to 12.5 my boot process stuck at 70%. I was able to boot when I changed the FakeID to 0x12345678 but the graphics was glitchy and VLC did not play any movie. I updated Multibeast but no success.

Could you share what you exactly did .. "upgrading some kext in clover folder" :) I would like to understand (a bit) what I should have been doing to get my deskmini to run. Every macOS update before 12.5 was without any problem.

thanks, Axel

=> mount the EFI partition
mkdir /mnt
mount_msdos /dev/disk1s1 /mnt
cd /mnt/EFI

Last edited:
Great success with my little deskmini running skylake. Followed this thread and only ran into one problem while starting install using unibeast Sierra USB:

With one 8gb sodimm (ram) installed it would instantly halt immediately after clover.
I believe all I changed was adding another (identical) 8gb sodimm it booted installer fine.

Love this build! Haven't got to play with it much yet but the hardware is great.

Couple of questions:

Do we need any ahci or sata or trim kext for full speed on a standard sata ssd HDD?

EDIT: Just doing the "sudo trimforce enable" command seems to work fine.

The onboard audio doesn't have mini toslink optical out does it? That'd be sweet.

Last edited:
thank you. Copying your EFI folder made my system run again.

After upgrading to 12.5 my boot process stuck at 70%. I was able to boot when I changed the FakeID to 0x12345678 but the graphics was glitchy and VLC did not play any movie. I updated Multibeast but no success.

Could you share what you exactly did .. "upgrading some kext in clover folder" :) I would like to understand (a bit) what I should have been doing to get my deskmini to run. Every macOS update before 12.5 was without any problem.

thanks, Axel

=> mount the EFI partition
mkdir /mnt
mount_msdos /dev/disk1s1 /mnt
cd /mnt/EFI

AppleALC
Lilu
IntelGraphicsFixup

I have successfully configured my Deskmini 110 I3-6100 running 10.11.6 after following this thread and others around.

I too have to admit that it has to be the best Mac Mini alternative.

Question: Is there any real reason to update to Sierra 10.12.5?

This is a method I have used before on other Hackintosh builds. But it requires a real Mac.

If you don’t want to read through the thread, use this guide. I have used the information and files from the posters here and in other threads.

My Hardware.
-AsRock Deskmini 110. No WIFI-BLUETOOTH installed.
-i3-6100.
-8GB Crucial 2400 DDR4.

Step 1. EXTERNAL MAC OS X SYSTEM.
-Get your hands on a real Mac. I have an iMac mid-2010.
-Take the hard drive you want to use in the DeskMini 110 and connect it to the real Mac via a USB interface of your choice.
-Install or restore the system onto your external disk drive. I installed 10.11.
-Once you boot into the new external system, choose your login and a simple password. ‘1’ or ‘0’ for example. To avoid typing long complicated passwords during post-installation.
-Install all possible updates. I decided to stay until 10.11.6.
-Install all the software you think you want to use on your new Hackintosh. Specially now that is still connected to an original Mac. I installed the iLife ’09 and copied all the applications I usually need from the internal drive to the external one.
-And lastly, if you want to make a complete backup of your internal drive to the external one, this is the time to do it.
-Once your satisfied with your real Mac OS X external drive system, we move on.

Step 2. BIOS and RAM.
-I am using the original BIOS 110-STX P7.00. No modification. No nothing. Everything default. With this method you don’t need tweaking or to modify the BIOS.
-Take a picture of your RAM chips where all the information is. Brand, Model, Serial, Type. You will need them later on. I did need them. If you are installing 10.12.5, you don't need this.

Step 3. MULTIBEAST.
-Boot up your external system on the real Mac.
-Download the ZIP file attached and extract it. You will find all the files you will need. I used Multibeast for El Capitan.
-Open “Multibeast”.
-In section “QuickStart”. Click “UEFI Boot Mode”.
-In section “Drivers”. Click “Audio” —> Select “100 Series Audio” and select “Optional HD 3000/HD 4000/HD 530 HDMI Audio”. Click “Misc” —> Select “Fake SMC Plugins”. Click “Network” —> Select latest “IntelMausiEthernet”. Click “USB” —> Select “Increase Max Port Limit”.
-In section “Customize”. Click “Graphics Configuration” —> Select “Intel HD 530”. Click “System Definitions” —> Select “iMac 14.2”.
-Click “Install” on the lower right corner of the program. It will take some seconds.
-And quit Multibeast.
-Now you will have EFI partition mounted.

Step 4. KEXTBEAST.
-Copy AppleALC.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/<your version>. In my case /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11
-Copy CodecCommander.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext to your Desktop and install to /System/Library/Extensions using KextBeast.

Step 5. CLOVER CONFIGURATOR
-Copy /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist to your Desktop.
-Open CLOVER CONFIGURATOR.
-Open the config.plist placed on your Desktop.
-In section “Boot” —> “Arguments”. Select “Verbose”. This might be helpful later.
-In section “Devices” —> “USB”. Select “Inject” and “FixOwnership”.
-Also in section “Devices” —> “Audio” type in: 66.
-And also in section “Devices” —> “Properties” select “UseIntelHDMI”.
-In the section “BIOS” —> “Memory”. Click the “+” sign below the box. And fill in the information for each of the RAM chips you have installed. If you are installing 10.12.5, this is not needed.
-And the fields “Channels” and “SlotCount” should be filled.
-Save your changes and close.
-Rename /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist to /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.bak
-And copy your recently modified config.plist from your Desktop into /EFI/CLOVER/

Step 7. BOOT DESKMINI.
-Shutdown your external system on the real Mac.
-Connect the external Mac system drive to the DeskMini also as an external drive.
-Your system should be able to boot now on the DeskMini.

Final step 8. HDMI AUDIO.
-This is a tricky one and it requires trial and error.
-Open “EFI Mounter v3” to mount EFI.
-Open “audio_cloverHDMI-120_v1.0d.command”.
-And play around with it. It backups and modifies the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist. There is little reason to worry if you’re not quite sure of what to answer.
-AMD/nVidia HDMI AUDIO is not needed. So on that question, just answer "No".
-You should have HDMI AUDIO running in no time.

And that’s it.
Now you can install the drive as internal.
Enjoy your DeskMini 110 Hackintosh.

Attachments

• DeskMini110-NonWIFI.zip
    57.7 MB · Views: 291
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back