Contribute
Register

ASRock Deskmini 110 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have compiled a very detailed guide to setting up an AsRock 110m Deskmini as a dual-boot machine. This guide is aimed at first time builders and assumes no prior experience. To my mind the Deskmini is the perfect small form-factor machine and is a more than worthy replacement for a Mac Mini. It is whisper quiet and has very low power consumption, making it the perfect (always on) home server, in these days of expensive electricity. Put an i5 or i7 6000 series CPU in there and the performance is really outstanding (Geekbench 4, single thread 4700; multi-thread 13,400, i5-6500). I have attached the setup guide which runs to over 20 pages. There is a lot of detail in there, since it assumes a first time builder with no detailed knowledge of the procedures. However, if followed carefully, it is not particularly difficult. I have not developed this procedure - it is simply a compilation of ideas from other, much more savvy users than I. My thanks to all who have assisted. Hopefully, I have acknowledged all such contributors in the guide. If not, the omission is unintentional. I have also attached a copy of my config.plist (with BoardID and Serial Numbers deleted). Given the fixed nature of the Deskmini's hardware, it would be great if some creative whiz could put all this together into an off-the shelf installation and setup tool. Good luck with your installs.

This MVP lol

Has anyone installed the macOS on the DeskMini 110 with 32Gb of memory or a single 16Gb DIMM?

someone should try to get this working with a Pentium GXXXX CPU it would be the ultimate budget hackintosh

I have compiled a very detailed guide to setting up an AsRock 110m Deskmini as a dual-boot machine. This guide is aimed at first time builders and assumes no prior experience. To my mind the Deskmini is the perfect small form-factor machine and is a more than worthy replacement for a Mac Mini. It is whisper quiet and has very low power consumption, making it the perfect (always on) home server, in these days of expensive electricity. Put an i5 or i7 6000 series CPU in there and the performance is really outstanding (Geekbench 4, single thread 4700; multi-thread 13,400, i5-6500). I have attached the setup guide which runs to over 20 pages. There is a lot of detail in there, since it assumes a first time builder with no detailed knowledge of the procedures. However, if followed carefully, it is not particularly difficult. I have not developed this procedure - it is simply a compilation of ideas from other, much more savvy users than I. My thanks to all who have assisted. Hopefully, I have acknowledged all such contributors in the guide. If not, the omission is unintentional. I have also attached a copy of my config.plist (with BoardID and Serial Numbers deleted). Given the fixed nature of the Deskmini's hardware, it would be great if some creative whiz could put all this together into an off-the shelf installation and setup tool. Good luck with your installs.
I just read the guide but it doesn't talk about Kaby Lake. I'm running a DeskMini 110 powered by an i5-7500 and this is my first attempt to Hackintosh. Is there any particular considerations or should I just combine this guide with the other one? (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cpus-200-series-motherboards-in-macos.219877/)

Has anyone installed the macOS on the DeskMini 110 with 32Gb of memory or a single 16Gb DIMM?
I've been running it with 32Gb from the start, no problem at all.

Running into a problem with my 2nd deskmini 110 build.

I can go straight into install from my usb drive, install Sierra and go straight to desktop but if I restart the computer.

It goes to the apple logo and the meter stops at 75% and doesnt move.

Im using the most CURRENT Sierra download from Apple Store

I have compiled a very detailed guide to setting up an AsRock 110m Deskmini as a dual-boot machine. This guide is aimed at first time builders and assumes no prior experience. To my mind the Deskmini is the p...

Followed your guide closely.
At the last reboot boot stucks at 70% . Tried Safe mode, tried not injecting intel. Verbose mode reports Failed to initialize graphic firmware
Any hint ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back